50 Below

www.arinet.com

50 Below Reviews

Updated Feb 25, 2014
50 Below – Duluth – “Our Staff”

Roy W. Oliver

Great Place to Work!

Quality Control (Current Employee) Duluth, MN

ProsSince ARI took over ownership of 50 Below, the corporate side of things has improved exponentially. I started working for 50 Below shortly before they were bought out, and the only thing I liked was my work and my co-workers. Since ARI has taken over, we have received steady paychecks, direct deposit (which was a huge leap forward from paper checks!), and now a 401k plan. The work ethic that the employees developed during the days of 50 Below has carried through, and they encourage cross-training in different departments and helping out other departments when they're in need. It feels great to have gained skills in other areas of the company that I can add to my resume, and to be encouraged to do so. The culture shock took some getting used to, but has been well worth the transition. ARI has worked hard to move us forward and to keep us happy.

ConsWe seem to have kept our old health and dental plans, which are higher cost with mediocre coverage, and they seem to have dropped our vision insurance completely so there is nothing to cover glasses or contacts.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt would be great to have better health and dental coverage and some option for vision material insurance. Other than that, keep up the great work!

Odd

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFlexible, and the culture was fun

Conspay/corrupt CEO
    never enough $$ to get things done - this is the former 50 below, not ARI

Advice to Senior Managementstay out of the clink!

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Awesome people, poor management.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Duluth, MN

Prosgreat group of hardworking employees. the company has been bought out since I worked there and is probably much better off now.

Consterrible top-down strategy and execution.

Advice to Senior Managementless sales, more retention and growth... you are selling websites; not taking over the world. there is such a thing as maximum penetration

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fast-paced environment with great people to work with

Website Development (Current Employee) Duluth, MN

ProsThe Industries we service are fun and exciting, the people we work around are a joy being around, and all of the problems of the past have been taken care of. We have stability now :) We are also a lot larger as we have locations across the US and Internationally.

ConsHaving been through all of the negativity and still being approached about it. It's quite the damper, since things are not the same now.

Poor accounting by previous owners

Graphic Designer (Former Employee) Duluth, MN

ProsEasy job
    Benefits
    Flexible schedule
    Great co-workers
    Good location

ConsOld technology
    Management in the past was sketchy
    Owners were corrupt
    Did not get paid on time
    Checks bounced

Advice to Senior ManagementPay employees on time.

Great place to work with great people!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Duluth, MN

ProsThe people are amazing! Easy to get along with and extremely talented people. The location is great too! Downtown Duluth with quick access to the lake walk and a lot of my favorite restaurants. Since the buyout by ARI the company is quickly moving forward and is benefiting from the solid stability of ARI Network Services leadership and direction. I'm really enjoying building great products to support our customers several interesting and fun industries such as power sports and marine.

ConsDue to the buyout there are some wrinkles but both 50 Below and ARI are working to iron out those wrinkles as fast as possible and have made great advances in the last couple of months. These are all short term issues so really not a con at all but it's all I could think of.

50 Below, an ARI Company - Love this place!!!!

Sales (Current Employee) Duluth, MN

ProsWith the new ownership from ARI the transition was scary at first but has turned out to be one of the best expierences i have had with any company I have ever worked for. Looking forward to all of the enhancements that ARI will bring to the table. No more "wishing" things will change.

ConsWe are still in the same old building but that will change in the coming months.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!

So Glad I stuck it out

ProsBest Job I've ever had. Yes, it can be pretty stressfull at times, (most professional jobs are) but with a proper outlook, you'll be very hard pressed to find a better job in duluth. Pay is great, Management is great, and the resources you have to learn are endless. I've been here since before the merge with ARI and i can say I'm very glad I stuck it out. If I decide to move on from 50below, I'll have extremely valuable knowledge of an industry that is hard to find quilified people for. Hours are great. Lots of paid vacation. And a real team atmosphere. And managment makes the office a fun place to be.

ConsStill in the dumpy old buildings but ARI has a plan in place to get us into a nice office building in the very near future.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing..... making the employees happy. and we'll continue to make you happy. Go Team.

Like living in a cage

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Duluth, MN

ProsIt was interesting learning about how to set up websites. It truly would have been a great job for me, had 50 Below worked with me through things they saw as issues.

ConsLack of employer commitment to employment stability. Lack of communication to solve potential problems (Even though the ones they described upon termination were not entirely factual.). Bureaucrats from Milwaukee that go in over their head before they understand an entire situation.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't have someone relocate and not provide them with a stable job. Now I had to find a subleaser for my room and move again because you had no

Weathering the storm was worth it.

Senior Marketing Account Executive (Current Employee) Duluth, MN

ProsThe starting salary is good for the area. The people I work with are a great group that care about their jobs and the customers we work with. Despite the setbacks over the last few years because of mis-management by prior owners, our customer service still remained top notch. That says a lot about the dedication and heart of the employees here who continued to work hard and remained loyal throughout that time. Since taking over the company, ARI has continued to impress and support both our employees and our customers alike. Our company has a bright future.

ConsMost of the things I would consider cons are being improved upon.

Worked for 50 Below? Contribute to the Community!