512 Solutions

512 Solutions Reviews in Austin, TX

Updated Jul 7, 2014

Joseph Nolan

10 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Amazing training and learning experience

Account Manager (Former Employee) Austin, TX

ProsI felt like I was always learning new things- it felt like getting paid to get an MBA. Joe and his managers are really intelligent, friendly and empowering. I was so nervous when I started and they made me feel really confident from the very beginning. If you are looking to get some more experience or training in communications or marketing I definitely suggest coming in and talking to them.

ConsLike said, I was always learning new things. I enjoyed getting pushed out of my comfort zone and challenged to get better but I can see how some people would not like it. I wasn't looking for a job making copies or getting coffee so I really liked my experience.

AMAZING EXPERIENCE!

Lead Account Manager (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsEVERYTHING!. The Work Enviroment, growth, the people. Its an amazing place to work. I love the fact that i get to learn new leadership skills and how to be a awesome manager. The management opportunity it amazing. Growth happens really quick.

ConsIf working hard is a con, then this is not a place for you. The negatives reviews on this page are bogus. Of crouse you have to start from the bottom and work your way up. Im sure those guys are having fun a taco bell right now.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work!

Great people.. Great Environment.. Great Career Opportunity!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsI have learned more about myself and my work ethic in the past few months than I have in any part of my life. I've learned the importance of getting out of my comfort zone with 512 Solutions. It's important to do so in order to grow and get to my potential. My managers at 512 Solutions have put the effort to learn who I am inside and out, and helped me realize how I cope with certain stressful situations and how to combat them head-on.

512 Solutions is a close knit group. I feel like I'm in a family rather than just a work environment. There is a lot of camaraderie in the office as well as outside of the office. I actually enjoy spending time outside of work with all my co-workers more than any job I have had in the past. We are always building each other up no matter what hardships we might face. There is a strong support system in the company. I notice that we enjoy seeing each other succeed rather than competing against each other, and I value that immensely.

No matter what struggles I face, I know my managers will figure out the problem, help me face it right away and go through the processes of fixing it. I find value in the fact that my managers always tap into my potential. Once I achieve at something, they don't let me stop there. They make me feel like I can do even better than what I think is my best.

ConsThey are growing quickly, so it's tough keeping up with them.

Advice to Senior ManagementI like the traveling perks. I never thought I'd be hanging out in gorgeous Malibu having the time of my life or New Orleans with a fun crew. I'm excited to see where else this job will take me!

Jun 11, 2014Recruiting

Thanks so much for your review! We are so glad you enjoy the challenge of your work, as well as our environment/company culture.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great People, Solid Training, Real Opportunity

Marketing/Sales (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsThe people at the company are what initially attracted me to the position. From the moment they contacted me for an interview, through the process, and from the time I started, there was always clear, open communication and, from what I could tell, a real desire to help me do well.

From the start, they made it clear that the job would be hard work but worth it. Work hard, play hard. Everyone, right up to the OWNER of the company, is always available if I need help or have questions. In the year I've been here, I would honestly say I've learned more than i did in 4 years at UT. My confidence has grown, I've made pretty good money, and I've advanced in a way I never thought possible in one year.

I am truly grateful for the opportunity I have with 512 and am excited to continue to grow!

ConsAt first, the schedule and direct coaching took a little time to get used to. I grew up in a very "self-esteemy" type household/school and wasn't used to being told that I wasn't doing everything perfectly. With 512, they will let you know if you're not living up to your potential, and they will help you to do better. This isn't really a "con," since it helps me get better, but it did take a little getting used to.

Also - you have to be very self-motivated to do this, since you are pretty independent throughout the day with very little micromanagement. If you have a hard time wanting to work hard, this is not a good fit.

Jun 11, 2014Recruiting

We appreciate you taking the time to write us a review! We strive to help our employees build confidence and become great at what they do, so we are glad you feel like you've had the right support ... More

A Sales job with a bogus promotion scheme to management

Account Manager (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsYou'll find an upbeat and personable team of people in this office. There are lots of opportunities for leadership experience, and the company offers a solid health care plan after 90 days.

ConsIt is a job scam. The pay is commission only for 115 dollars a a sale. You will be selling Direct TV in a Wal-Mart. The promotions are only "black and white" to Account Manager. After this promotion, you have to be lucky enough to be chosen for assistant manager after the most recent one gets promoted out to start his or her new office. The turn over rate is extremely high at this business because people are strung along on the expectation of reaching management, yet the opportunity is only granted to only one person every year.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe upfront and transparent about your business model and about your 300 dollar a week base pay. It is not a base pay at all but rather a supplemental that has to be paid back if your commission was not high enough for the week.

You'll lose more money working for this scam company then you will ever earn. RUN AWAY!

Account Sales (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsAbsolutely none. The people are moderately nice, but it is all apart of their "marketing cult" and scheme to guilt you into working for them longer. If you want to work with a bunch of stoners, spend over $100 a week in gas, be denied pay for a month, and work 12 hours days then this job is for you!

Cons512 Solutions is apart of the multi-level marketing cult known as Cydcore. You get hired on a "manager in training" and are sold this pipe dream about how you too can move up the company and be making 6 figures within the year. This is not the case. Get a clue people, if you can be a company owner/manager within a year, it is obviously too good to be true. After being on the month for only a job, you become an account manager and are expected to train others as well when you are still getting the hang of things.

There are a handful of things wrong with the management and payment structure in 512 Solutions, but here are just a few:

1. You do not get paid until your third week on the job, and it is not enough to live on.
    2. You are expected and required to work 12 hour days and come in on your days off to get more sales.
    3. You put thousands of miles on your vehicle driving to various Walmart's, and are never compensated for gas.
    4. You are forced to transport other employees (who were hired for a traveling sales job WITHOUT transportation) and are not compensated
         -When driving around with other employees, you are often forced to wait for them and thus spend more time away from home not making any money.
    5. The job is only commission with a draw, meaning if you don't sell enough one week and get base pay, you have too pay back that base pay because it is considered supplement.
    6. They tell you that someone canceled their account before it gets installed so you don't get paid, but in fact it did get installed
    7. If someone cancels their account before it gets installed, you do not get paid for the sale. A $600 week can quickly become a $300 week.
    8. You are often forced or "required" to go to team nights and crew nights. After working 12 hours days, you are often bullied into spending more time and money with the people you work with.
    9. 90% of the staff does drugs and they are not courteous of others who do not.
    10. There is no account for seniority in the company. If a newbie quickly surpasses you in sales, they can be promoted quicker than you.
    11. If you go to the manager or lead with any problems or qualms, they accuse you of not being a team player.
    12. The distribution of where you are sent is by no means fair. You will be frequently sent over an hour away everyday for weeks while other employees do not have to travel as far.
    13. The turnover rate is incredibly high, people are hired weekly and quit on the daily when they realize how unrealistic this job is.
    14. Less than 1% of the people who stick with the company will make it to manager or assistant manager.
    15. All other employees are taught to look down upon people with normal jobs. If you drive to Giddings and put $20 in your tank, spend 12 hours in the field and make one sale, you will make less than $8/hr. Also, no overtime. Now imagine $300 for a 60 hour work week, that's $5/hr (less than minimum wage).

Advice to Senior ManagementI really wish the CEO and manager would stop talking about how much money he makes and start doing something about the drug use amongst senior level staff. I don't do drugs, and I don't appreciate being put in an environment that promotes it.

Great training program and management opportunities!

Account Manager (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsThis was my first full time job out of college, so it was important to me to find a company that would take the time to train me to be successful. I quickly realized that 512 has a strong focus on teamwork and training. Everyone goes out of their way to make sure the newer employees feel like they are part of the team. In a short time, I have become pretty consistent with my sales, and have begun to have the responsibility of training new reps myself. It's so nice to work for a company that rewards hard work with more responsibility! You can definitely move up quickly here. None of my friends who I graduated with sound as happy as I am with their first job.

ConsWe work until 8pm most days.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore sales competitions! Those are always so fun.

Jun 11, 2014Recruiting

Thank you for your review! A lot of our team members have never done sales and feel the same way you do. We are happy to hear that you feel that our trainers gave you a ton of support in order to ... More

Great mentorship and company to start your career with.

Account Manager (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsI never write reviews, but I felt I should after talking with a few of my friends who also just graduated. I realized how lucky I am that 512 Solutions is where I started my career. A lot of my friends are still waiting tables or feel like just a number in a corporate job, and my experience has been very different. I've had a lot of support and training about business with 512.

The company has a lot of stability with high client demand, which I think is why they're so hands on with training and developing the team. New ideas are supported, and I've already learned a ton, especially about leadership development.

And the whole team is friendly and the environment is drama-free.

ConsIt's my first sales job so I'm not the best yet, which is frustrating. It also can be difficult to be pushed to take new things on all the time. I'm pretty sure I work more than most of my friends at other entry level positions.

Advice to Senior ManagementEvery so often, we have time with a manager from another market, and it's always helpful to be around people who have advanced and are great leaders. If we could make that happen more often, I think it would really help.

Jun 11, 2014Recruiting

We appreciate your review! Thanks for your feedback on having more networking opportunities with management in other cities-we are getting together this weekend in California! It is always smart to ... More

Excellent People, Somewhat harsh pay and promotion metrics.

Account Manager (Current Employee) Austin, TX

Pros- Great People: The team of people you work with are fantastic people. Energetic, friendly, and highly helpful. The general mentality is "help others succeed."

- Good Leadership: "The working environment teaches you a lot about how to lead a team of people and how to promote positive mentality among others. The team holds daily morning meetings to promote positive messages and teach management and sales techniques. Everyone is treated as individuals and given fair input.

- Energetic Environment: Frequent workplace performance based competitions create unique and fun interactions between co-workers. Employees are all enthusiastic people.

- No Seniority: Your pay and advancement options are entirely performance based, with no regard to employment time. You can advance much faster than someone who has worked there longer if you consistently perform better.

Summary: Great place to work if you are looking to improve in the sales arena, and to pick up leadership/training techniques.

Cons- Highly sales based: The base metric that drives your pay and advancement options is still your weekly sales numbers. Without consistent sales numbers, you will not be considered for leadership positions. Even if you are selling consistently, your sales metrics will be compared with everyone else's in the team to see who is given priority for leadership roles.

- Less than Desirable Pay Mechanics: Commission is not calculated in addition to base pay, but rather as opposed to base pay. This means whichever one is higher is the one you are paid for. Canceled sales will count against your pay (regardless of cause). In addition, if your commission for a week falls below your base pay, the difference will be counted against you in following weeks on a running "negative tab".

- No compensation for travel expenses: You will be dispatched to various locations out of the office on a daily basis to promote and sell product. You may be asked to drive to locations up to an hour away on a daily basis. There is no compensation for the gas that you expend traveling to and from these locations.

Summary: Unless you are good at sales, no amount of other skills or experience will help you become successful at this company. However, they do provide an extensive amount of training.

Advice to Senior ManagementCompensation for travel expense would go a long way.
    Perhaps rethink base pay mechanic to become base pay + commission.

Jun 11, 2014Recruiting

Thanks for taking the time to review our company. We are glad to hear that you appreciate the support from team members to help you succeed.

Team oriented company, everyone works together!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsI have been here for a little over a year and still love coming to work everyday. I have moved up very quickly in the company and continue to move up with the company. 512 Solutions is a great place to work and start a career. If you want to grow and get management experience, 512 Solutions is the company to start with.

ConsYou have to be very driven and motivated!

Jun 11, 2014Recruiting

Thanks so much for your review!

Worked for 512 Solutions? Contribute to the Community!