512 Solutions

Updated October 22, 2014
4.0

Joseph Nolan

14 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Entrepreneurship is not just a class you take in college.

I have been working at 512 Solutions full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Let me start off by saying I have worked at 512 Solutions for over a year, and today is the first time I even bothered to read the reviews on this website. There are many more positive reviews than negative ones, and I completely understand where the authors of each one were coming from. Everybody has different experiences, dependent on many different variables, and everybody is entitled to their own opinions. Here is mine....

Since day one, I have been supported through my journey with 512 Solutions. This was my very first job in a new city where I knew absolutely nobody, and I suddenly had over 20 new friends. Positive people attract positive people, and negative people give up on everything anyway. I DO NOT do drugs, of any kind, and never felt uncomfortable or disrespected because of that. I HAVE worked in the real world. I have a degree in marketing and a background in marketing research, sales, and promotions. I came into 512 Solutions looking for experience in leading teams and managing people, and was given the management training program breakdown during my interview.

I was given all the knowledge needed to make sales in my very first week, and started making sales immediately. I have never had to rely on the $300 base pay that is still in place for me, and I'm still here a year later. I have full medical, dental and vision insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield that I get through 512 Solutions. Yes, we work with WalMart. WalMart is the largest retailer in the country, with thousands of people walking through the doors on a daily basis, and it simply doesn't make sense for us to set up elsewhere. I guess we could go door to door, or cold call people.

The opportunity for management is real. I have seen three people promoted to management since I started a year ago. Their names are Brandon, Jeff and Erica. Jeff did my interview and coached me, and now he runs his own office.

I have learned so much in the past year about how to actually APPLY the marketing knowledge I spent 4 years studying in college. Due to "lack of experience", and a saturated market of recent grads looking for entry-level marketing positions today, the fact that I was able to start making money at 512 Solutions on day 1 of working with the company is hard to beat in the REAL WORLD. 512 Solutions adds value to people, regardless of their background, education, age, gender, etc.

In one year I have been flown to California twice, because I worked hard and earned company invitations. Once to San Francisco for a company retreat, and once to LA for a conference. These were both amazing experiences that other companies would require years of dedication from employees before covering this type of venture.

Before working with 512 Solutions, I had never been tubing on the river, played disc golf, played laser tag, played competitive sand volleyball or carved pumpkins as an office and had the company pay for everything. I literally did ALL of that in the past 3 months. My family also attended many of these events with me!

I am now at the point where I am pushing for the next management position at 512, and am extremely excited for my next step. I love the people I work with, and am HAPPY that many of the people who have started and quit, left. Negative vibes aren't appreciated at 512 solutions. This isn't for everybody, but I wouldn't wanna work with everybody ;)

Cons

I understand how may people shy away from a company who allows their employees to work off commission. I was quite hesitant about the pay structure when I started. However, I have learned that performance truly does differentiate the successful from the average. 512 Solutions expects their employees to be positive minded and to have the ability to perform all the time. Their training program is designed to train people in sales AND management simultaneously. So YES, I have many responsibilities! I also have great coaches to help me through my journey. People who want to "do it their way" usually struggle. Anybody who has written a negative review on this site, never got past the sales phase. It is apparent to me that they were not meant to manage or lead people to begin with, probably due to their lack of drive or resilience. This program is strategically designed to shape and mold people to become leaders. People with leadership qualities do well in the business world, as well as in their outside lives.

People without high personal accountability do not do well here. People who have excuse making tendencies do not do well here. People who cannot control their emotions and run at the first site of a new challenge do not do well here. Other than that, everybody does VERY WELL here!

512 solutions does expect a lot from their employees, but they also invest much of their time and resources into developing their employees and providing them with great opportunity. WE also have A LOT of fun. I have walked home with $1000 paychecks, and we get paid weekly, but I only get out what I put in. And THAT"S THE REAL WORLD.

Not everybody is going to fit in at every company, including this one. One flaw that 512 Solutions has is that they assume that everybody they hire will be successful.

Oct 27, 2014Recruiting

Thanks so much for your honest feedback! You're right, this isn't a cookie cutter position that is the right fit for everyone. But for those with true work ethic, and relentlessness towards their ... More

A company that supports growth, advancement, leadership and mentorship... A rare find...

I have been working at 512 Solutions full-time (more than an year)

Pros

512 Solutions has given me everything back that I have put in, which is a rare thing to find when searching for the career path that will drive your future success. I have grown personally and professionally through the mentorship program, which is deigned to develop managers from the ground up. A person with a desire to lead, grow, be pushed and exceed goals has a clear and quick path to management, with no "cap" or stagnation in upward growth. Here are a few things that I enjoy:
    1. No seniority, meaning that everyone moves up at their own pace, but not held back due to longevity within the company.
    2. There is a base pay as a "safety net". This was nice because I had never done sales. I quickly found that with no cap on commission, I could take an easy sale and turn it into more money than I earned as a manager in my last position.
    3. Family environment. Everyone cares about the development of others, not only because we are pretty close as a team, but we share a common goal of being the best and winning.
    4. Positive and motivating energy. A company that honestly cares about hitting goals and exceeding expectations.
    5. Growing at an incredible rate. As I have seen this first hand, promoting great people quickly is a demand the clients are making, and at times it is a challenge to keep up with.

Whether someone becomes a manager or works through the management training program for a period of time, the skill sets that are learned are invaluable to any company. Hands on training has given me first hand experience in the business world, an entrepreneurial "find a way to win" attitude, and not just management, but real leadership traits that will drive me to create the life that I want.

Cons

It is simple, but not always easy. It does require a lot of work, but more on the front end, as one has to master the different steps of the program. Again, it is personal and professional growth, meaning that being pushed out of the comfort zone is a common occurrence. Management, sales, and leadership are not for everyone. I, however, have always seen the most value in the things that some people are not willing or capable of doing.

It is awesome to see a manager work right alongside everyone in order to ensure proper development. This company is a real team of people, which is created by allowing employees to have an impact as the company grows.

Oct 27, 2014Recruiting

Thanks so much for your review! We are glad to hear that you feel you've grown so much personally and professionally due to the training at 512 Solutions! The cool thing is that growth and learning ... More

Great group of people, Challenging, Unfavored Growth Opportunity, and Very Competitive pay!

I have been working at 512 Solutions full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The work environment is great. I love the people I work with, everyone is very driven. It keeps you on your toes! What helped me a lot in the beginning was the time my colleagues spent with me to help train me and put me on the path to being successful in the field. The opportunity for advancement is ever-growing. It is always great to be apart of something that is becoming more and more successful with each day that passes.

Cons

Super Competitive environment. If you prefer to be left in your comfort zone, and left alone to your own devices this work environment is not for you. The entire business is about growth, expanding your comfort zone and pushing you to be the best you can be.

Oct 14, 2014Recruiting

Thanks so much for your review! We are so glad you felt the team was supportive and helpful during training.

Scam

Former Employee - Account Sales in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Account Sales in Austin, TX

I worked at 512 Solutions full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Highly energetic environment with friendly young staff.

Cons

I would not recommend this job for anyone who has worked in the real world. This company prays on the naive and takes advantage. YES you will be hired for sales and you are required to sell. However, those that have done sales for living in a professional environment get compensated for their time and traveling. As an employee you are obligated to put mileage on your car and pay for your traveling costs at no expense to the company. The "commission structure" is a joke. There is no base salary. The company seems to be more like a pyramid scheme that takes advantage of its employees.

This company CANNOT keep employees.

Create a better payment structure with compensation for mileage, etc. Initiate a small base salary along with the commission. This will allow you to keep employees and not have such a fast turn around.

Oct 14, 2014Recruiting

Thank you for your feedback. We do offer a base pay to every employee. And to be clear, pyramid schemes are illegal and we in no way operate like one. Our employees are paid by us and we do not ask ... More

Amazing training and learning experience

Former Employee - Account Manager in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Austin, TX

I worked at 512 Solutions full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I felt like I was always learning new things- it felt like getting paid to get an MBA. Joe and his managers are really intelligent, friendly and empowering. I was so nervous when I started and they made me feel really confident from the very beginning. If you are looking to get some more experience or training in communications or marketing I definitely suggest coming in and talking to them.

Cons

Like said, I was always learning new things. I enjoyed getting pushed out of my comfort zone and challenged to get better but I can see how some people would not like it. I wasn't looking for a job making copies or getting coffee so I really liked my experience.

Aug 18, 2014Recruiting

Thanks so much for your kind words! We love helping people push themselves beyond their comfort zones and learn new skills and habits. We are so glad you enjoyed working with our team and learned a ... More

AMAZING EXPERIENCE!

Current Employee - Lead Account Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Lead Account Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at 512 Solutions full-time (more than an year)

Pros

EVERYTHING!. The Work Enviroment, growth, the people. Its an amazing place to work. I love the fact that i get to learn new leadership skills and how to be a awesome manager. The management opportunity it amazing. Growth happens really quick.

Cons

If working hard is a con, then this is not a place for you. The negatives reviews on this page are bogus. Of crouse you have to start from the bottom and work your way up. Im sure those guys are having fun a taco bell right now.

Keep up the great work!

Aug 18, 2014Recruiting

Thanks for your review! Working hard is surprisingly not for everyone, but we reward hard work & performance around here with real growth potential. We're glad you appreciate the management ... More

Great people.. Great Environment.. Great Career Opportunity!

I have been working at 512 Solutions full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I have learned more about myself and my work ethic in the past few months than I have in any part of my life. I've learned the importance of getting out of my comfort zone with 512 Solutions. It's important to do so in order to grow and get to my potential. My managers at 512 Solutions have put the effort to learn who I am inside and out, and helped me realize how I cope with certain stressful situations and how to combat them head-on.

512 Solutions is a close knit group. I feel like I'm in a family rather than just a work environment. There is a lot of camaraderie in the office as well as outside of the office. I actually enjoy spending time outside of work with all my co-workers more than any job I have had in the past. We are always building each other up no matter what hardships we might face. There is a strong support system in the company. I notice that we enjoy seeing each other succeed rather than competing against each other, and I value that immensely.

No matter what struggles I face, I know my managers will figure out the problem, help me face it right away and go through the processes of fixing it. I find value in the fact that my managers always tap into my potential. Once I achieve at something, they don't let me stop there. They make me feel like I can do even better than what I think is my best.

Cons

They are growing quickly, so it's tough keeping up with them.

I like the traveling perks. I never thought I'd be hanging out in gorgeous Malibu having the time of my life or New Orleans with a fun crew. I'm excited to see where else this job will take me!

Jun 11, 2014Recruiting

Thanks so much for your review! We are so glad you enjoy the challenge of your work, as well as our environment/company culture.

Great People, Solid Training, Real Opportunity

Current Employee - Marketing/Sales in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Marketing/Sales in Austin, TX

I have been working at 512 Solutions full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The people at the company are what initially attracted me to the position. From the moment they contacted me for an interview, through the process, and from the time I started, there was always clear, open communication and, from what I could tell, a real desire to help me do well.

From the start, they made it clear that the job would be hard work but worth it. Work hard, play hard. Everyone, right up to the OWNER of the company, is always available if I need help or have questions. In the year I've been here, I would honestly say I've learned more than i did in 4 years at UT. My confidence has grown, I've made pretty good money, and I've advanced in a way I never thought possible in one year.

I am truly grateful for the opportunity I have with 512 and am excited to continue to grow!

Cons

At first, the schedule and direct coaching took a little time to get used to. I grew up in a very "self-esteemy" type household/school and wasn't used to being told that I wasn't doing everything perfectly. With 512, they will let you know if you're not living up to your potential, and they will help you to do better. This isn't really a "con," since it helps me get better, but it did take a little getting used to.

Also - you have to be very self-motivated to do this, since you are pretty independent throughout the day with very little micromanagement. If you have a hard time wanting to work hard, this is not a good fit.

Jun 11, 2014Recruiting

We appreciate you taking the time to write us a review! We strive to help our employees build confidence and become great at what they do, so we are glad you feel like you've had the right support ... More

A Sales job with a bogus promotion scheme to management

I have been working at 512 Solutions full-time

Pros

You'll find an upbeat and personable team of people in this office. There are lots of opportunities for leadership experience, and the company offers a solid health care plan after 90 days.

Cons

It is a job scam. The pay is commission only for 115 dollars a a sale. You will be selling Direct TV in a Wal-Mart. The promotions are only "black and white" to Account Manager. After this promotion, you have to be lucky enough to be chosen for assistant manager after the most recent one gets promoted out to start his or her new office. The turn over rate is extremely high at this business because people are strung along on the expectation of reaching management, yet the opportunity is only granted to only one person every year.

Be upfront and transparent about your business model and about your 300 dollar a week base pay. It is not a base pay at all but rather a supplemental that has to be paid back if your commission was not high enough for the week.

You'll lose more money working for this scam company then you will ever earn. RUN AWAY!

Current Employee - Account Sales in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Account Sales in Austin, TX

I have been working at 512 Solutions full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Absolutely none. The people are moderately nice, but it is all apart of their "marketing cult" and scheme to guilt you into working for them longer. If you want to work with a bunch of stoners, spend over $100 a week in gas, be denied pay for a month, and work 12 hours days then this job is for you!

Cons

512 Solutions is apart of the multi-level marketing cult known as Cydcore. You get hired on a "manager in training" and are sold this pipe dream about how you too can move up the company and be making 6 figures within the year. This is not the case. Get a clue people, if you can be a company owner/manager within a year, it is obviously too good to be true. After being on the month for only a job, you become an account manager and are expected to train others as well when you are still getting the hang of things.

There are a handful of things wrong with the management and payment structure in 512 Solutions, but here are just a few:

1. You do not get paid until your third week on the job, and it is not enough to live on.
    2. You are expected and required to work 12 hour days and come in on your days off to get more sales.
    3. You put thousands of miles on your vehicle driving to various Walmart's, and are never compensated for gas.
    4. You are forced to transport other employees (who were hired for a traveling sales job WITHOUT transportation) and are not compensated
         -When driving around with other employees, you are often forced to wait for them and thus spend more time away from home not making any money.
    5. The job is only commission with a draw, meaning if you don't sell enough one week and get base pay, you have too pay back that base pay because it is considered supplement.
    6. They tell you that someone canceled their account before it gets installed so you don't get paid, but in fact it did get installed
    7. If someone cancels their account before it gets installed, you do not get paid for the sale. A $600 week can quickly become a $300 week.
    8. You are often forced or "required" to go to team nights and crew nights. After working 12 hours days, you are often bullied into spending more time and money with the people you work with.
    9. 90% of the staff does drugs and they are not courteous of others who do not.
    10. There is no account for seniority in the company. If a newbie quickly surpasses you in sales, they can be promoted quicker than you.
    11. If you go to the manager or lead with any problems or qualms, they accuse you of not being a team player.
    12. The distribution of where you are sent is by no means fair. You will be frequently sent over an hour away everyday for weeks while other employees do not have to travel as far.
    13. The turnover rate is incredibly high, people are hired weekly and quit on the daily when they realize how unrealistic this job is.
    14. Less than 1% of the people who stick with the company will make it to manager or assistant manager.
    15. All other employees are taught to look down upon people with normal jobs. If you drive to Giddings and put $20 in your tank, spend 12 hours in the field and make one sale, you will make less than $8/hr. Also, no overtime. Now imagine $300 for a 60 hour work week, that's $5/hr (less than minimum wage).

I really wish the CEO and manager would stop talking about how much money he makes and start doing something about the drug use amongst senior level staff. I don't do drugs, and I don't appreciate being put in an environment that promotes it.

512 Solutions Photos