512 Solutions Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.7
Joseph Nolan

Entrepreneurship is not just a class you take in college.

I have been working at 512 Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Let me start off by saying I have worked at 512 Solutions for over a year, and today is the first time I even bothered to read the reviews on this website. There are many more positive reviews than negative ones, and I completely understand where the authors of each one were coming from. Everybody has different experiences, dependent on many different variables, and everybody is entitled to their own opinions. Here is mine.... Since day one, I have been supported through my journey with 512 Solutions. This was my very first job in a new city where I knew absolutely nobody, and I suddenly had over 20 new friends. Positive people attract positive people, and negative people give up on everything anyway. I DO NOT do drugs, of any kind, and never felt uncomfortable or disrespected because of that. I HAVE worked in the real world. I have a degree in marketing and a background in marketing research, sales, and promotions. I came into 512 Solutions looking for experience in leading teams and managing people, and was given the management training program breakdown during my interview. I was given all the knowledge needed to make sales in my very first week, and started making sales immediately. I have never had to rely on the $300 base pay that is still in place for me, and I'm still here a year later. I have full medical, dental and vision insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield that I get through 512 Solutions. Yes, we work with WalMart. WalMart is the largest retailer in the country, with thousands of people walking through the doors on a daily basis, and it simply doesn't make sense for us to set up elsewhere. I guess we could go door to door, or cold call people. The opportunity for management is real. I have seen three people promoted to management since I started a year ago. Their names are Brandon, Jeff and Erica. Jeff did my interview and coached me, and now he runs his own office. I have learned so much in the past year about how to actually APPLY the marketing knowledge I spent 4 years studying in college. Due to "lack of experience", and a saturated market of recent grads looking for entry-level marketing positions today, the fact that I was able to start making money at 512 Solutions on day 1 of working with the company is hard to beat in the REAL WORLD. 512 Solutions adds value to people, regardless of their background, education, age, gender, etc. In one year I have been flown to California twice, because I worked hard and earned company invitations. Once to San Francisco for a company retreat, and once to LA for a conference. These were both amazing experiences that other companies would require years of dedication from employees before covering this type of venture. Before working with 512 Solutions, I had never been tubing on the river, played disc golf, played laser tag, played competitive sand volleyball or carved pumpkins as an office and had the company pay for everything. I literally did ALL of that in the past 3 months. My family also attended many of these events with me! I am now at the point where I am pushing for the next management position at 512, and am extremely excited for my next step. I love the people I work with, and am HAPPY that many of the people who have started and quit, left. Negative vibes aren't appreciated at 512 solutions. This isn't for everybody, but I wouldn't wanna work with everybody ;)

Cons

I understand how may people shy away from a company who allows their employees to work off commission. I was quite hesitant about the pay structure when I started. However, I have learned that performance truly does differentiate the successful from the average. 512 Solutions expects their employees to be positive minded and to have the ability to perform all the time. Their training program is designed to train people in sales AND management simultaneously. So YES, I have many responsibilities! I also have great coaches to help me through my journey. People who want to "do it their way" usually struggle. Anybody who has written a negative review on this site, never got past the sales phase. It is apparent to me that they were not meant to manage or lead people to begin with, probably due to their lack of drive or resilience. This program is strategically designed to shape and mold people to become leaders. People with leadership qualities do well in the business world, as well as in their outside lives. People without high personal accountability do not do well here. People who have excuse making tendencies do not do well here. People who cannot control their emotions and run at the first site of a new challenge do not do well here. Other than that, everybody does VERY WELL here! 512 solutions does expect a lot from their employees, but they also invest much of their time and resources into developing their employees and providing them with great opportunity. WE also have A LOT of fun. I have walked home with $1000 paychecks, and we get paid weekly, but I only get out what I put in. And THAT"S THE REAL WORLD.

Advice to Management

Not everybody is going to fit in at every company, including this one. One flaw that 512 Solutions has is that they assume that everybody they hire will be successful.

Oct 27, 2014 – Recruiting

Thanks so much for your honest feedback! You're right, this isn't a cookie cutter position that is the right fit for everyone. But for those with true work ethic, and relentlessness towards their ... More

My experience

I worked at 512 Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Al places have a mixture of pros and cons, and 512 Solutions is no exception. This place leans toward more negativity. My bias is that i realized i would never succeed in this business because of the flawwed business plan, lack of transparency, my dispassion to stand in Wal-Mart selling a crappy product, and I'm not Intellectually slow. No, i didnt make it because i could not buy into the hype from about day 7. PROS - very positive energy. People want to succeed, lead, and think they want more than the average person here. -Morning motivational meetings are fresh and exciting. -Alot of competitions to keep the energy and sales up -Great mentorship program, if you don't know anything about leadership, business, and have an entrepreneur mindset already. -Learn alot about yourself and people because you are selling. - Instant friends and very fun team nights on a weekly basis. -1 percent of the peoole succeed in this and its great money if you do. -MLM company, some people know them as a pyramid scheme This is good. because this model is all over the place and you know what to expect because people don't like surprises. -people encourage, help, and try to inspire you to get back up when you fall down.

Cons

They sell you on the vision and being an entrepreneur. And this is not a real idea of an entrepreneur. Entrepreneurs dont have bosses and people in higher positions of them that can control you. But Companies do. What this is...you are an employee trying to become a manager. -If you dont see yourself as a monkey, and if you cant bark like a monkey, and most importantly, you dont think like one--you will not make it here. One day you will discover how the foundation here is built on a thorn of lies. -No true base pay. Its money that they steal from Joesph to pay Peter. In other words, its exactly like a credit card. You get money n advance and then they make you pay it back. The only positive. sode is there is no interest. Tons of people had balances they owed. -You stay in a Wal-Mart for 5-7 hours a day. And assuming you're not the top 2 salers and wil get paid around the base pay, plus well over. 50 hours work week you get paid less then Wal-Mart employees. But at least 512 has a vision to take your mind off the truth. -its a "Cult" mind set. - Peoole here, even the manager, has no idea what it truly means to be an entrepreneur. And there.leadership tactics are very juvenile.

Advice to Management

...

Best To Stay Away

I worked at 512 Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Pay is better than McDonalds, if you are a good salesman -Offers minimal, contribution (you pay) healthcare after 3 months -Training is sufficient, depending on who is training you. -Better than cold calling or door to door sales

Cons

-You will be selling DirecTV in Walmart, all day everyday. -Will literally hire anyone who can pass a background check. If you make it to your second interview you will be hired. These are salesmen they are trying to sell you on the second interview at chick-fil-a (which they will not pay for, if you are such a good catch why are they not bothering to invest $5 in you by the second interview). Look for basic sales techniques during your interview i.e. indifference, taking control, not being salesy, etc. This is what you can expect to be taught to sell. -If you cannot close your first sale by the end of day 5 prepared to be let go. -Work week is Thursday thru Monday 11am-9pm (you will be encouraged to get in at 10am and stay as late as 11pm to make a sale). Say goodbye to your nights and weekends. -No holidays (Walmart is busiest then), vacation days, personal days, sick days (unpaid and require a doctors note), etc -Required to come into the office everyday before heading out to "the field" (i.e. walmart), to hear sales techniques, practice pitch and motivational from 11am to 12:30pm. Flat out waste of time, which you are not paid for. -You will begin to notice everyone who gets "promoted" receives no pay increase, only additional time consuming tedious responsibilities. -Commission only payment. Base pay is consider supplemental and must be repaid -Claims that Account Mangers make around 30k a year. This is a flat out lie. Account managers make 15-20k. -You will use your own personal vehicle a LOT and will not be reimbursed. Some locations are over an hour away (Temple, Lagrange, Marble Falls, etc) -Makes you go on BS business trips to Waco, San Antonio and Dallas. Where YOU PAY for gas, food, hotel (better be prepared to share a bed) or local managers couch. -Encouraged to mislead, not lie, to make sales. -Everyone likes to talk about the big picture and expansion, when the reality of the situation is 95% of reps don't make it a year with the company and only a fraction of a percent make it to branch manager, ownership. Ask about turnover rates. Remember good companies invest in good people, bad companies leach the life out their employees and view employees as expendable commodities. -Even if you make it to branch manager (i.e. ownership) more offices close within 2 years than stay open. -Claims owner make a fortune in sales and overrides. If you believe this boy do I have some prime waterfront real estate to sell you. -No realistic career path -Cult like environment, everyone in the office drinks the coolaid

A company that supports growth, advancement, leadership and mentorship... A rare find...

I have been working at 512 Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

512 Solutions has given me everything back that I have put in, which is a rare thing to find when searching for the career path that will drive your future success. I have grown personally and professionally through the mentorship program, which is deigned to develop managers from the ground up. A person with a desire to lead, grow, be pushed and exceed goals has a clear and quick path to management, with no "cap" or stagnation in upward growth. Here are a few things that I enjoy: 1. No seniority, meaning that everyone moves up at their own pace, but not held back due to longevity within the company. 2. There is a base pay as a "safety net". This was nice because I had never done sales. I quickly found that with no cap on commission, I could take an easy sale and turn it into more money than I earned as a manager in my last position. 3. Family environment. Everyone cares about the development of others, not only because we are pretty close as a team, but we share a common goal of being the best and winning. 4. Positive and motivating energy. A company that honestly cares about hitting goals and exceeding expectations. 5. Growing at an incredible rate. As I have seen this first hand, promoting great people quickly is a demand the clients are making, and at times it is a challenge to keep up with. Whether someone becomes a manager or works through the management training program for a period of time, the skill sets that are learned are invaluable to any company. Hands on training has given me first hand experience in the business world, an entrepreneurial "find a way to win" attitude, and not just management, but real leadership traits that will drive me to create the life that I want.

Cons

It is simple, but not always easy. It does require a lot of work, but more on the front end, as one has to master the different steps of the program. Again, it is personal and professional growth, meaning that being pushed out of the comfort zone is a common occurrence. Management, sales, and leadership are not for everyone. I, however, have always seen the most value in the things that some people are not willing or capable of doing.

Advice to Management

It is awesome to see a manager work right alongside everyone in order to ensure proper development. This company is a real team of people, which is created by allowing employees to have an impact as the company grows.

Oct 27, 2014 – Recruiting

Thanks so much for your review! We are glad to hear that you feel you've grown so much personally and professionally due to the training at 512 Solutions! The cool thing is that growth and learning ... More

Great group of people, Challenging, Unfavored Growth Opportunity, and Very Competitive pay!

Current Employee - Account Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at 512 Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The work environment is great. I love the people I work with, everyone is very driven. It keeps you on your toes! What helped me a lot in the beginning was the time my colleagues spent with me to help train me and put me on the path to being successful in the field. The opportunity for advancement is ever-growing. It is always great to be apart of something that is becoming more and more successful with each day that passes.

Cons

Super Competitive environment. If you prefer to be left in your comfort zone, and left alone to your own devices this work environment is not for you. The entire business is about growth, expanding your comfort zone and pushing you to be the best you can be.

Oct 14, 2014 – Recruiting

Thanks so much for your review! We are so glad you felt the team was supportive and helpful during training.

Scam

Former Employee - Account Sales in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Account Sales in Austin, TX

I worked at 512 Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Highly energetic environment with friendly young staff.

Cons

I would not recommend this job for anyone who has worked in the real world. This company prays on the naive and takes advantage. YES you will be hired for sales and you are required to sell. However, those that have done sales for living in a professional environment get compensated for their time and traveling. As an employee you are obligated to put mileage on your car and pay for your traveling costs at no expense to the company. The "commission structure" is a joke. There is no base salary. The company seems to be more like a pyramid scheme that takes advantage of its employees. This company CANNOT keep employees.

Advice to Management

Create a better payment structure with compensation for mileage, etc. Initiate a small base salary along with the commission. This will allow you to keep employees and not have such a fast turn around.

Oct 14, 2014 – Recruiting

Thank you for your feedback. We do offer a base pay to every employee. And to be clear, pyramid schemes are illegal and we in no way operate like one. Our employees are paid by us and we do not ask ... More

Amazing training and learning experience

I worked at 512 Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I felt like I was always learning new things- it felt like getting paid to get an MBA. Joe and his managers are really intelligent, friendly and empowering. I was so nervous when I started and they made me feel really confident from the very beginning. If you are looking to get some more experience or training in communications or marketing I definitely suggest coming in and talking to them.

Cons

Like said, I was always learning new things. I enjoyed getting pushed out of my comfort zone and challenged to get better but I can see how some people would not like it. I wasn't looking for a job making copies or getting coffee so I really liked my experience.

Aug 18, 2014 – Recruiting

Thanks so much for your kind words! We love helping people push themselves beyond their comfort zones and learn new skills and habits. We are so glad you enjoyed working with our team and learned a ... More

AMAZING EXPERIENCE!

Current Employee - Lead Account Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Lead Account Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at 512 Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

EVERYTHING!. The Work Enviroment, growth, the people. Its an amazing place to work. I love the fact that i get to learn new leadership skills and how to be a awesome manager. The management opportunity it amazing. Growth happens really quick.

Cons

If working hard is a con, then this is not a place for you. The negatives reviews on this page are bogus. Of crouse you have to start from the bottom and work your way up. Im sure those guys are having fun a taco bell right now.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

Aug 18, 2014 – Recruiting

Thanks for your review! Working hard is surprisingly not for everyone, but we reward hard work & performance around here with real growth potential. We're glad you appreciate the management ... More

Great people.. Great Environment.. Great Career Opportunity!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at 512 Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have learned more about myself and my work ethic in the past few months than I have in any part of my life. I've learned the importance of getting out of my comfort zone with 512 Solutions. It's important to do so in order to grow and get to my potential. My managers at 512 Solutions have put the effort to learn who I am inside and out, and helped me realize how I cope with certain stressful situations and how to combat them head-on. 512 Solutions is a close knit group. I feel like I'm in a family rather than just a work environment. There is a lot of camaraderie in the office as well as outside of the office. I actually enjoy spending time outside of work with all my co-workers more than any job I have had in the past. We are always building each other up no matter what hardships we might face. There is a strong support system in the company. I notice that we enjoy seeing each other succeed rather than competing against each other, and I value that immensely. No matter what struggles I face, I know my managers will figure out the problem, help me face it right away and go through the processes of fixing it. I find value in the fact that my managers always tap into my potential. Once I achieve at something, they don't let me stop there. They make me feel like I can do even better than what I think is my best.

Cons

They are growing quickly, so it's tough keeping up with them.

Advice to Management

I like the traveling perks. I never thought I'd be hanging out in gorgeous Malibu having the time of my life or New Orleans with a fun crew. I'm excited to see where else this job will take me!

Jun 11, 2014 – Recruiting

Thanks so much for your review! We are so glad you enjoy the challenge of your work, as well as our environment/company culture.

A Sales job with a bogus promotion scheme to management

I have been working at 512 Solutions full-time

Pros

You'll find an upbeat and personable team of people in this office. There are lots of opportunities for leadership experience, and the company offers a solid health care plan after 90 days.

Cons

It is a job scam. The pay is commission only for 115 dollars a a sale. You will be selling Direct TV in a Wal-Mart. The promotions are only "black and white" to Account Manager. After this promotion, you have to be lucky enough to be chosen for assistant manager after the most recent one gets promoted out to start his or her new office. The turn over rate is extremely high at this business because people are strung along on the expectation of reaching management, yet the opportunity is only granted to only one person every year.

Advice to Management

Be upfront and transparent about your business model and about your 300 dollar a week base pay. It is not a base pay at all but rather a supplemental that has to be paid back if your commission was not high enough for the week.

RSS Feed </> Embed