5280 Solutions

5280 Solutions Reviews

Updated Mar 25, 2014

Mark Voegele

IT Operation Engineer

ProsSome good people work here.

ConsBut very clickish and you're either in or out.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop being cheap.

Good company overall with some flaws

Software Developer (Current Employee)
    Highlands Ranch, CO

ProsThe work from home policy is a very good part of the company. They seem to listen to the staff at the meetings. They are interested in a work-life balance.

ConsThey have way too much red tape for their own good. Process slowdowns make getting things done frustrating. They overplay their profits, overplay their innovation and overplay their IT solutions. Most of their processes are based on their fear of change and lack of concrete controls to protect the systems.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake some time to clean up your processes, controls and reduce the red-tape.

Great place to work - a company that knows how to treat its employees and cares

Business Analyst (Current Employee)
    Highlands Ranch, CO

ProsManagement is great, the people are wonderful. This is the kind of job you actually look forward to being at. After 9 months of employment I still get excited about the next day of work.

ConsNothing more than the usual gripes, sometimes there is a lack of organization or structure. In trying to do the right things sometimes ideas are discussed too much and no decisions are ultimately made.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place to work with some really amazing people!

IT Business Analyst (Current Employee)
    Highlands Ranch, CO

Pros5280 allows employees to work without all the micromanaging you find in other IT firms. Employees are trusted to complete their work and manage their time accordingly. The management team is highly competent and show compassion and understanding when dealing with the employees!

ConsIn my tenure I really do not have any cons to give to 5280, they have gone above and beyond all of my expectations!

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

A great company

Business Analyst (Current Employee)

ProsCasual work environment
    Best onboarding I have ever had
    Managers who actually care
    The people are great
    Company culture
    Awesome office location
    Some benefits for contractors

ConsThis is a complex environment and knowing how things work takes quite a while. Training for specific roles could be improved
    How employees are managed is not trational and can feel convoluted
    Pay for non-contractors is not competitive when compared to the rest of the IT industry

Advice to Senior ManagementHave a plan for contractors as they come in the door and how they can convert to perm should that be an option down the road
    The cap on length of contract can be a sticking point
    Have dedicated QA people

Great Place to Work!!

Highlands Ranch, CO

ProsFeel valued, strong leadership team, leadership is approachable, do the right thing mentality, work hard / play hard, limited travel, great office space

ConsSome older technologies mixed in with new

Best company to work for in Colorado

IT Support Analyst (Current Employee)
    Highlands Ranch, CO

ProsThe pros that I have experienced are by far to many to list. One of the best pros that I can think of would be the people. they are great and wonderful to work with.

ConsI cant think of one....

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up to date with your employees and how they are doing both personally and professionally. keep them well trained and they will be dedicated forever.

Dynamic fun work enviornment and management that cares about its people.

Highlands Ranch, CO

ProsCasual dress Monday through Friday, generous earned time off benefits, working with very talented associates, understanding and supportive management, fun relaxed culture and flexibility in scheduling. Outstanding overall organization.

ConsThe fulltime employee salaries a little behind the current market rate but benefits usually bridge the gap from an overall compensation standpoint.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!

Best Company I've Ever Worked For

Highlands Ranch, CO

ProsThe people are by far the best I've worked with. They encourage growth, development and at the same time want you to achieve a balance of life outside of work with what you love. The leaders and managers inspire you to be the best you can be both at work and outside of work with your other passions. The people at 5280 care about each other as a family and care about the communities we live in by giving back. This is a genuine care that goes far beyond anything I have experienced in other jobs. When I talk to people who have left, the almost always want to come back or at least have seen the difference between working for such a great company versus other companies that are out there. It's hard to explain the magic of working here to someone who hasn't experienced it but once you are here and do experience it, you really don't want to leave for so many reasons. I would recommend anyone I know to work at 5280 and would know that it would be an amazing life experience to anyone who did work here.

ConsI love challenge and change and that is a constant here. From those I've talked to that have a harder time with change, this would be an opportunity to learn how to adapt and move quickly. It can be taxing but it teaches you how to think on your feet and be resourceful. That adaptabiltiy and resourcefulness is rewarded though and appreciated by everyone else that works with you.

Advice to Senior ManagementI've never worked for better leaders in my career and would doubt that I would find that same level of high integrity, care, fun and loyalty anywhere else I go. I will always remember this experience and have nothing but positive to say about the leaders and 5280 as a whole.

5280 Solutions is a wonderful place to work.

Desktop Engineer (Current Employee)
    Lincoln, NE

ProsThis company is people-oriented and cares for the employee.

ConsSometimes the work-load is heavy.

Worked for 5280 Solutions? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at 5280 Solutions reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for 5280 Solutions CEO Mark Voegele. All 34 reviews posted anonymously by 5280 Solutions employees.