5280 Solutions

Updated Mar 25, 2014

Mark Voegele

5 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

A Good Place to work

Software Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at 5280 Solutions full-time for more than 8 years

ProsSolid Industry, a company that provides good customer service and is seeking to build upon their successes. The people who run this company understand what it's like to be in the trenches with the geeks and value their people. Work life balance is getting better. Many weeks are only 40 hours. Time off compensation is great!

ConsBehind on technology, and are only now finally warming up to Agile methodologies. Sometimes you do have projects that take longer hours. And the major business season is from July through September, so you need to plan your summer vacations accordingly.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue the focus on a single process and using technology to make that process possible. Make newer technology for developed products a priority and look to expand into new avenues of business with the financial systems you offer.

Mixed bag

Software Developer (Former Employee)

I worked at 5280 Solutions full-time for more than a year

ProsKnowledge sharing and team building is encouraged. Lots of talented people. Frequent and open communication among team members and project manager.

ConsIf you are not liked, some people go out of their way to make you miserable. I was not one of them, but I saw it happen to several people who never knew why they were targets.

Relaxed, interesting, performance based environment

I have been working at 5280 Solutions

ProsRewarded for performance.
Rewarded for being healthy.
Not afraid of new technologies.
Relaxed athmosphere.
Clear communication about company wide issues.

ConsLow salaries and raises.
Lots of good talk but hardly any walk.
Very restricted IT environment.
Communication barrier to Senior management.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart by allowing the departments not in direct contact with the Department of Education to perform at their full ability by removing the un-necessary security restrictions. Catching up to the latest salary trends and paying the employees what they deserve would also help.

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A good IT contracting company

I have been working at 5280 Solutions

ProsFocused on Denver. Ethical and open on IT Contracting and opportunities. Benefits are good when you can get them. Still treat IT Contracting at an arms length.

ConsThe organization is very focused on IT Contracting and Consulting. After an assignment is complete, you are basically on your own to find the next assigment. When typical of IT Contracting, I would have expected 5280 Solutions to offer additional options.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider focusing on career advancement options for the contractors and consultants working with the organization. Can the group collaborate together or work together based upon them being part of the same company?

The worst job I've had in my 20-year experience in the IT industry.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at 5280 Solutions

Pros22 days of vacation. One of the industry's best.

ConsZero work-life balance. Expect to work 60 hour weeks because of sales/PMO incompetence in promising impossible deadlines. They will also promise you the job as "do your 8 hours a day and go home", which is an absolute lie. People with zero understanding of development process are in charge of making key technical decisions. Most people are scared for their jobs and go with the flow from fear of retribution.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit your day job and go flip burgers.

Worked for 5280 Solutions? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at 5280 Solutions reviews and ratings in Denver, CO — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for 5280 Solutions CEO Mark Voegele. All 5 reviews posted anonymously by 5280 Solutions employees.