5LINX
www.5linx.com Rochester, NY 150 to 499 Employees

5LINX Reviews

Updated Mar 17, 2014
5LINX – Colorado Springs – “My team w/ Allan Taunan PSVP”

Craig Jerabeck

Very great company and compensation plan!

I have been working at 5LINX

ProsResidual income! Having a platform to help you escape the rat race of corporate America and time freedom.

ConsThere is not any bad things I have to say about this company.

It works if you have a large rolledex

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at 5LINX

ProsYou need to be outgoing social and willing to work!!!

ConsWorks best when you know alot of people or are really social not for everyone

Hard Work

Executive Director (Former Employee)
Charlotte, NC

I worked at 5LINX part-time for less than a year

ProsPersonal development , sales experience, Team management, leadership training, Team Building, financial education, Boost of morale, Customer Service experience , and Retail Management

ConsSystems and website were kind of out of date, the products and services could have been developed a little bit better

Advice to Senior ManagementFix up the systems so that things run more smoothly

Poor Training Process

Customer Support (Former Employee)

I worked at 5LINX full-time for less than a year

ProsAverage benefits are available for most employees
Annual Christmas party is held for staff.
Some quarterly bonuses are paid if expectations are met.

Cons1) Low compensation is paid to customer service reps.
2) Superficial "family" culture- no employer is "family" because of politics and survival. Yet, 5Linx tries to state that its culture is "family". Beware that any employer who states that its environment is "family-like" is deceptive because too much politics and survival behaviors manifest in organizations, unlike in families. When churches cannot avoid politics, neither can 5Linx.
3) Cutthroat environment- people pretend to care about your learning experience but blame your weaknesses to management in order to "save" their tails.
4) Bad management- most managers are lost regarding how to repair performance problems. The approach is reactive, rather than proactive.
The training quality is absolutely below par average quality of most employers, with exceptionally high expectations with little genuine support. Not every person with job expertise has people skills, but these managers only care about bottom line with the immediate people on the floor who survived 5Linx's culture.
5) The training leaders verbally abuse the new hires. I witnessed several instances of bullying and demeaning attitudes from senior staff.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemove the current training leaders. Reduce your learning expectations of new hires down to a reasonable time period that majority of a new class can successfully meet; quantitative analysis will help you regarding amount of new hires with amount of retained hires upon exiting training. Stop referring to your place as a "family"; no employer is a "family", and Wegmans proves that. Implement a career path structure for employees in order to maintain motivation.

CYA backstabbers galore

Programmer/Data Analyst (Former Employee)

I worked at 5LINX full-time for more than 3 years

Prosbonus pay for good performance

Consbackstabbers and bullshiters abound. While I was an employee it was a constant battle to make sure I got credit for my work and not be blamed for others mistakes.

Advice to Senior Managementlearn to keep loyal employees around longer.

Call Center fun time

Call Center (Former Employee)

I worked at 5LINX full-time for more than a year

ProsYou get your own cube, potlucks, sometimes free popcorn, They give you a shirt every now and then

Conslow pay, policy changes without telling anyone. does not matter how hard you work, some will treat the callers poorly and get promoted. Some will put callers on hold, and talk to their co workers. Some work all of the time.

Advice to Senior Managementget competent training for the call center. if someone has done the job years ago, does not make them a good trainer/ went through a week before starting, had nothing to do with the job. Brought this up to management, with a .designed curriculum for training. went nowhere. you have smart people there, use them

A great company, but.........

I have been working at 5LINX part-time

ProsPro's
Training is awesome
International Events are great
Website top of the line.

ConsThe con to 5linx it feels like a recruiting company than service based company. The products they offer are not original products besides globallinx. The products they promote which are offered 3rd party do not pay great residuals/ I think the company at some point will change over from VOIP to electricity in the future in being their primary product. To avoid being called a pyramid they have a VOIP service where the service charges get higher and higher every year. 5linx have to come to facts that VOIP is no longer the ideal product when you can get it free on the net. The big problems is that they stress to the reps "points" "Points" due to the fact the residuals on the products don't pay that well. They never discuss the average pay at certain levels. A lot of the products you can promote yourself and still get a affiliate commission. The company is primarily composed of African Americans which is awesome but at times your feel your at church with folks screaming and grunting from the audience. A great company with great leaders but don't have products that is unique to the consumer/

Advice to Senior ManagementYou need to have banners for social media presence.

Not a very rewarding place to seek employment, both from a monetary standpoint and job satisfaction....

Information Technology (Former Employee)

I worked at 5LINX full-time for less than a year

ProsI do not have anything good to say about this employer. The office has a overall feeling of misery in it. Non-talent employees were allowed to continue to work and make more than the employees with the talent, causing the talented employees to have a real resentment for the non-talented ones....

ConsSea of cubical
Everyone is paid "lowest possible wage"
Horrible benefits
Management cheats employees out of expense reimbursement
Manager was "phoning it in"

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of the abundance of "dead weight" that is employed there and raise the salaries of the employees you do have that are talented to be paid at least what the "dead weight" employees earn..... IT

Living Life by Design

Executive Trainer (Current Employee)

I have been working at 5LINX part-time for less than a year

ProsThe best reason the opportunity is has

Conswanting results fast .. the excitement can be overwhelming

Advice to Senior Managementopen to international market

Life-changing

I have been working at 5LINX part-time for more than a year

ProsWhere do I begin? In all honestly was extremely skeptical of businesses in this industry until I took a closer look at this company. (And I am an extremely skeptical individual). Before getting started, I found nothing but positive news stories about the companies earnings, its innovations, its standing as a top INC 500/5000 business and an A+ rating in the BBB, and more. The presentation was easy to understand and after getting started, rep services has done a phenomenal job of being both professional, yet family-like. My team and upline support system has also been like a family. Moreover other reps from other organizations have also bent over backwards for me. I was encouraged to, and read books, improved on my public speaking and was pushed to become a better person than I was. To be honest, it gives me chills just writing this because this company has changed my outlook on life and is allowing me to live again.

ConsThe downside of this company is not really a downside, yet it will force you to break bad habits. And breaking bad habits are painful. Bad habits such as being lazy (which I was, to a point). Bad habits such as hiding from fears--which is something that I often did. It also places you in a position where, at times, you will be rejected. You will also be more aware of how mean others, who are not in the business, can be. That can be very hard. One will have to follow the system and also plug into conference calls, provided trainings and self development books/CDs to become mentally tougher. But it is more than worth it. You will become a better person.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advice to management is to continue to keep 5Linx innovative, continue to make National Events fun, continue to be supportive of all of us and continue to keep representatives first. Your business model is the most perfect model I've been witness to.

Worked for 5LINX? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at 5LINX reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for 5LINX CEO Craig Jerabeck. All 25 reviews posted anonymously by 5LINX employees.