5W Public Relations

Updated December 14, 2014
Updated December 14, 2014
4.0

Ronn D. Torossian

Pros
  • Great place to learn about the PR business, develop relationships with media and work on a variety of clients (in 5 reviews)

• Great place to learn PR industry (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Often long hours, but the hard work pays off in the end (in 5 reviews)

• The company has a clear lack of strategy (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Great entrepreneurial environment

Former Employee - Associate Vice President in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Associate Vice President in New York, NY

I worked at 5W Public Relations full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Firm gives you tremendous opportunity for growth and deal with many different types of clients. You become much smarter not only about media but also about the business world in general. Access to CEO is also a plus.

Cons

Normal growing pains of any high growth business.

5W Public Relations the best workplace

I have been working at 5W Public Relations

Pros

After working with the organization for years, I found that I was working in the best working environment along with sincere team members. CEO of the organization is one of the leading experts in the industry and always leads his staff from the front.

Cons

Working in PR industry can be hectic due to pressure of deadlines. However, nothing significant to mention.

Keep up the good work.

Hard work and loyalty pay off here

I have been working at 5W Public Relations

Pros

I have worked at 5W Public Relations for a number of years, and have found it to be a wonderful working environment (most days!). 5W is a fast-paced environment, full of whip-smart men and women who know how to get results for a wide range of clients, both through traditional media outreach and non-traditional PR tactics. In my experience, 5W team members are incredible to work with, fostering an environment of team work, creativity and support in the face of a challenging and ever-changing industry. A word about our CEO after reading a few other reviews here - in my experience, he is a fantastic boss. He is always available to his staff for guidance and support, and isn't afraid to get his hands dirty and take the heat when dealing with unreasonable requests. He is protective of his staff and genuinely cares for his clients and team members. In my years with the company, I have found that loyalty and hard work go a long way, and if you work hard for this company, you will see the return ten-fold.

Cons

As in the PR industry in general, there is the ever present stress and pressure of producing results. At 5W, we take on a lot of responsibility and wear quite a few hats depending on the client's needs.

Hard Work and Hustle are the Name of the Game

Current Employee - Account Supervisor in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Account Supervisor in New York, NY

I have been working at 5W Public Relations

Pros

In my time at 5W, I've grown both personally and professionally under the guidance of the powerhouse senior management team. It was clear from the start that hard work and hustle are valued in this results driven environment. I have been given multiple opportunities to rise to the occasion and flex my communications skills with clients, media and staff in meetings and presentations. 5W also takes an interest in bettering each employee through unique training & development programs.

Cons

The hours can be long, but this is a 24/7 industry and is to be expected. Because the environment is very results driven and fast paced, it's easy feel overwhelmed but a little time management is an easy fix and the management team is always happy to step in and help. The company is relatively young and sometimes experiences growing pains but changes are always made for the better.

Staying tuned in to the junior staff is always important - understanding their needs is key to keeping everyone happy and productive.

Enjoy the work, clients and environment

I have been working at 5W Public Relations full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

In my last 3 years, I have grown tremendously at 5W. I am close to my colleagues, and feel I am part of a team that does great work for our clients. The environment allows for growth and opportunity, all while offering a competitive salary and benefits. I've also received unique perks, including training led by contributors from top tier outlets like the New York Times.

Cons

I am happy at 5W - no cons.

5W is a stepping stone and learning curve with a lack of real growth and education outside of media relations

I have been working at 5W Public Relations

Pros

The people are amazing and fun for those who stay; you work on diverse range of clients; great work v. life balance - rarely have to work late.

Cons

Same work almost every day- strictly media relations due to client budgets; some bigger projects, but rarely. Most people in the leadership roles stay so long because they are overcompensated for their role and position while the true team members who run the team work are underpaid with more work than those above them.

More balance of roles and diverse ideas; new biz meetings and plans need to be more realistic with clients; pay those that hold the teams together what they are due.

Great agency to grow a career - driven staff, very competitive salaries and nice work/life balance

I have been working at 5W Public Relations

Pros

Much support for junior staff, strategic & collaborative environment, senior staff open to ideas across the broad, impressive client roster and competitive salaries.

Cons

Would be great to have a mentorship program across the agency

5WPR is Superb. Smart Senior Management.

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at 5W Public Relations full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The employees are smart. The staff is very driven, very hard working, very motivated and just all around great environment. Beautiful offices great staff. Brilliant CEO and Senior Leadership.

Cons

Really cant say anything bad - but I always want more money.

Keep doing more of the same. Very smart team and great thing 5wpr has going on. Tremendous opportunities at all levels is always exciting.

Real experience

I have been working at 5W Public Relations

Pros

Young people, don't get that old school feel and mostly I love that I get real experience and real business exposure. Great place to be - proof is in their constant success and I want to stay to be a part if it

Cons

Fast atmosphere so their is little "down" time. Not for the weak at heart. It's tough for publicity to appear natural so that's obviously going to be hard work -- all those complaints about The CEO are just out of jealousy from what I see he works harder than anyone else

Great Company/Great CEO

Current Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY

I have been working at 5W Public Relations full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I've worked at 5W for almost 2 years now. I must say an awesome company to work for where there is a tremendous room for advancement for talented people. Ive seen some negative reviews here from people that left the company, but these were probably from employees that sucked. If you are talented you will rise and rise fast in this company as I have. CEO is awesome as well. He really knows how to grow the company and bring in fresh business and ideas.

Cons

a few minor hr issues but what company doesn't have these.

keep growing the business and investing in your employees as you always have. Well done!

5W Public Relations Photos