7-Eleven

Be The First To
Add Photos

7-Eleven President and CEO Joe DePinto

Joe DePinto

Pros
  • Flexible schedule with the ability to work either independently or with a team (in 15 reviews)

• Great staff, awesome customers ok pay good benefits (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Lack of training, Vary little work life balance (in 10 reviews)

• Must be flexible and available to work long hours (in 16 reviews)

More Highlights

It really depends on the franchise owner.....

Sales Associate (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsThe two stores I work at are owned by the same franchise owner, who happens to be a super friendly person. I had observed as a customer how the employees and owner were interacting (friendly, positive) and it was a reason for me to apply. Very nice colleagues in my situation, flexible schedule due to owner.

ConsI can never get to a 40 hour workweek and since the pay isn't that high, the overall paycheck isn't that great. Now with the $9.00 per hour minimum wage it sure helps.

Advice to Senior ManagementI prefer to work for smaller companies where you can negotiate your schedule, and not have it be dictated by a regional manager. Be on the look out for that when applying.

Enjoyable

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Phila, PA

ProsExciting and fun to meet and help different people from all over the world. Liked conversation with co-workers and regular customer daily and through out the week. Good flexable hours.

ConsThe Stores should be more secure for employees and customers saftey. Management should be able to be reached when an incident happens where the police has to be called.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement will replace employees with their grew. Which encures tension for other employees with fear of being replaced. Promotions & more hours being give to new partially trained employees.

Best job I had so far

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Abingdon, MD

ProsReally nice boss, unlimited dispensable drinks including Slurpees, $40 Max a week out of our pay checks for food.

ConsNo set break times, control freak co-worker who got me fired.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work! :)

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Wonderful company to work for.

Field Consultant (Current Employee) DFW, TX

ProsJob Opportunities - they promote from within.
    Compensation - ok salary, but ability to receive quarterly bonuses.
    Leadership- current DFW leadership is awesome, but any change in leadership can change that environment.

ConsWork Life Balance - prepare to be on call 24/7
    Micromanaged- this gets intense when expectations are not met; just like any other retail environment.

Hard work, long hours

Manager (Former Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsLove people, I didn't need a degree to do the job

ConsNo time for self, turnover was high, took a toll on my own health

Advice to Senior ManagementTrain your staff, stay in constant contact with them, do more be more attitude.

No training or support...

Field Consultant (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsWeekends off, company car. Meet many different people.

ConsNo training program, learn on the run, no support in the field

Advice to Senior ManagementHave a structured training program. Set your employees u to succeed, not fail.

Neat place to work.

Clerk (Current Employee) Flat Top, WV

ProsDiscounted slurps. Smoke breaks. Close to home. Exciting to meet new people everyday and wait patiently for them to decide which scratch off ticket they want.

ConsNot free slurps. Too short smoke breaks. Pay isnt that great....would like to be a little more involved with decision making.

Advice to Senior ManagementFree slurps...longer smoke breaks

I'm waiting for this store to be sued ! by the employes or by the customer which ever come first!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Portland, OR

ProsWorker are friendly to a point, management can be nice when want to.

ConsI think the title should give it away.
    Management: Look up the definition of "Mental Abuse or Psychological abuse" and your understand.
    Employes: Most of the employes are lazy and get away with it, but most them are workaholics and are let go.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf this store is still under the same management than there no advice to be given, because everything that wrong about this place has been allowed.

Assistant Manager

Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) Bradenton, FL

ProsVery good place to work, and good opportunities for advancement

ConsPay could be better, but for someone that may be in or just out of high school it is decent. (just saying)

Hectic, unrealistic goals

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsLearn a lot and interact with the local community. Basically act like an owner, in charge of the whole store for yourself.

ConsWas given a store with inexperienced staff. Assistant managers were non-existent. That means you are the only one responsible for 24/7 store, which means calls by incompetent staff at 2am asking for more quarters. Repeatably asked for the opportunity to train an assistant manager but wasn't paid attention to.

Advice to Senior Managementthe problem with opening a store every other second is that they only train a store manager every other day. Give your new stores the proper staff so not to set up managers for failure

Worked for 7-Eleven? Contribute to the Community!