7 Marketing Group

www.7marketinggroup.com

7 Marketing Group Reviews

Updated Feb 10, 2014

Casey Cavender

Great way to gain experience!

Account Manager (Former Employee) Plano, TX

ProsLike many graduates, I did not chose to pursue the major I had intended in school. However, this company has allowed me to gain valuable experience in areas including sales, training, recruiting/interviewing, and team management/development. I had left the business to pursue something else, but the skills that I have gained from being at Seven Marketing has allowed me to further my career and impress prospect employers. They were very impressed with what I had to offer, and I am certain that I could not have done it without the great training and mentorship I received from the management team at Seven Marketing.

ConsThe hours are long, but then again, I don't know a lot of CEOs or top Execs who work the minimum 40hrs/week anymore.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!

Great leadership and people, compensation based on commission

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsPositive work environment with great people to work with. Everyone is like a big family and I always felt welcome when I walked in the door. Casey is an amazing boss and can find the positives in the most negative situations and turn the mood around. Great bonuses if you bust your behind and fun travel opportunities.

ConsNot a normal 9-5 work day. Odd hours and you have to work weekends and some holidays. Compensation is based on your performance and can some times be inconsistent. Work/life balance is mediocre. No compensation for gas and the benefits are basically non-existent.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the positivity and encouragement but throw a bone to your employees with a base pay or some benefits...they work hard and they are worth it!

A little skeptical..

Account Manager (Current Employee) Plano, TX

ProsRepresenting a Fortune 500 Client in the Telecom Industry...seems stable.

ConsHe never asked me any questions.

Advice to Senior ManagementStand by for advice to management.... TBC

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

An amazing experience that has infused me with a hard work ethic, a passion for team building, and a desire succeed.

Senior Corporate Sales Trainer (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsCo-workers: Everyone is out to help everyone; either through training or mentoring.
    Corporate culture: Drama free, high energy with open lines of communication.
    Job: Meet a lot of wonderful and memorable people.
    Pay: Some of the bonuses are pretty amazing.
    Work hours: Work hours are slightly off regular hours so I never fought traffic.

ConsMeetings: Some of the management meetings I've heard before.
    Learning Curve: Some people process the information slowly but this does teach patience.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work.

7 Marketing Group President responded to this review

Apr 3, 2014

Thank you for the review. We are excited to have been able to add value to you as both a person and a professional! Take what you have learned and build upon that even further with your passions.

Great career opportunities!

Account Manager (Current Employee) Plano, TX

ProsOne of the reasons I came to work at 7 Marketing is the people, and the atmosphere. They are like my home away from home. I moved from Virginia to Texas with my college sweetheart and felt welcome in the company from the day I started like a family away from my own. The duties are challenging the pay is good and I can advance as far as I want to take it given I put the work in, I love it.

ConsThe only con I can find thus far is I had to come all the way to Texas to find a career like this. But then again it wasn't the only reason I came so I guess I am lucky to have been here!

Not ideal by any stretch...but not a hell-hole either

Account Manager (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsAdvancement opportunities. Casey's gonna be successful at whatever he does. His winning attitude is contagious.

ConsWay too many chiefs...not enough Indians. Too many people not hitting goal. Unqualified leaders.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe clearer about the hours, pay, and reasonable expectations for success. Delegate only a few to train. Being trained by the whole group can be confusing and demoralizing. Sales is a lot about confidence. Don't wanna destroy that with too many sources of criticism/feedback. There's a difference between good coaches and star players. They're not always interchangeable.

Place to grow personally and professionally

Account Manager (Current Employee) Plano, TX

ProsI have never worked at a place that they put so much emphasis on personal development. If someone has the right intentions they will absolutely come out a better person by working with this company. The management is also willing to invest in you as much as you are willing to invest in yourself both money wise and mentor ship wise.

ConsYou are talking to current customers and clients for a good part of the day, so it is not a sit and relax kind of job, work hard play hard, like they say. There is no cubical but talking to existing clients about upgrades isn't rocket science either. It does take 60 days for the benefits to kick in, but I've heard that's kind of standard with most companies.

Not for me, but the company is good for others

Account Representative (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsThe team was great and very nurturing. If you have what it takes and a tough skin, this job is for you. I've seen people make $1,000/week.
    The president, Casey, is very understanding.

ConsIt's not for me - I'm not a door to door salesman. There are others that thrive but it just wasn't me. I can't make a living selling AT&T U-Verse.

I've seen a lot of talk about commission and benefits, but those options were not available to me and benefits were definitely not an option as well.

Also, please be aware that you are working from 10 am - 9 pm most days.

Like I said, this atmosphere may be the best thing for others, but it wasn't for me. No hard feelings- just wasn't a good fit.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease be more open with options and compensation. Having options available but only if you ask about them isn't very transparent.

Great Internship

Account Representative (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsI participated in a internship with Seven Marketing Group, I loved the people and the fun way they conveyed their knowledge on a day to day basis.
    What I learned:
    How to Motivate
    How to Effectively train
    Confidence in myself
    Team mentality
    Plus the biggest pro of all, they offered me a paid internship, which is hard to come by these days.

ConsThey should really open more opportunities for internships I was one of five and I know several of my friends that would love the experience that I gained.

7 Marketing Group President responded to this review

May 13, 2013

Thank you for your recent response! We will defiantly look to open more and more of the internships both during the summer and the spring/fall semesters as we continue to grow with our client AT&T ... More

Provides me with opportunity to grow and develop to become the best and prepares me for my future!

Senior Corporate Trainer (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsNo seniority!! Work hard and get rewarded for it. Hands on training with some of the best account managers. Opportunity to grow and develop yourself into a management roll and being able to develop others into a management roll. Great work hours and such a fun atmosphere to work in. Very team oriented and my teammates are always willing to help out with anything.

ConsI love my job. Everyday I wake up and love to go to work, so I can't really think if any big cons to put here. At the end if the day, I work hard, play hard, and really get some kick ass rewards!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep working hard!!

Worked for 7 Marketing Group? Contribute to the Community!