7 Marketing Group

Updated November 24, 2014
Updated November 24, 2014
3.4

Casey Cavender

Great way to gain experience!

Former Employee - Account Manager in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Plano, TX

I worked at 7 Marketing Group full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Like many graduates, I did not chose to pursue the major I had intended in school. However, this company has allowed me to gain valuable experience in areas including sales, training, recruiting/interviewing, and team management/development. I had left the business to pursue something else, but the skills that I have gained from being at Seven Marketing has allowed me to further my career and impress prospect employers. They were very impressed with what I had to offer, and I am certain that I could not have done it without the great training and mentorship I received from the management team at Seven Marketing.

Cons

The hours are long, but then again, I don't know a lot of CEOs or top Execs who work the minimum 40hrs/week anymore.

Keep up the good work!

Glad it's Closed

Current Employee - Account Representative in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Account Representative in Dallas, TX

I have been working at 7 Marketing Group full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The only good thing to say about this company is that you were surrounded by young individuals who also needed a job at the time. They do give bonuses and gifts.

Cons

What to say:

- 100% Commission
     - Management Plays Favorites
     - 11 am - 9 pm Mon - Friday, then 10 am - 4 pm Saturday
     - Highly Unstable Work/Life Balance
     - Casey had no idea what he was doing
     - Cydcor is a CULT. They brainwash you and feed you horrible marketing ideas.

If you want to sell AT&T U-Verse, then go to a Cydcor company like Evantage or whatever was sharing the same space. The reason this company didn't make it is because it couldn't. It was bound to be shut down sooner or later.

Maybe next time if you do open another office advertise it as a door to door salesman job selling AT&T.

Field Account Representative

I worked at 7 Marketing Group full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Lots of networking while in the field.

Cons

Totally commissioned base pay, no benefits. The work isn't hard but it requires a lot of motivation. I

Pyramid Scheme, No benefits, Commission Only

I worked at 7 Marketing Group full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The office is nice, the location is good. If you can put up with door to door sales on commission only, you could make some money.

Cons

Worst experience of my life. It is literally door to door sales for AT&T U-Verse. 105 degree Texas heat, thunderstorms, snow -- Doesn't matter. You better knock on 40 doors 3 times a day every day. You will not get reimbursed for your gas, mileage, or tolls. You will not be offered benefits. You are not allowed to say anything in the office unless it is 100% positive. I'm all for positivity, but I'm more about honesty. You work 12 hour days Monday-Friday and a "half day" Saturday which is actually 10-4.. So not really half a day. You are also expected to attend "Team Night" once a week. It is usually at a bar and you pay for it yourself. It's not technically mandatory, but Management will give you a hard time if you don't come. Keep in mind, this usually starts around 9:30-10pm on a weeknight. It is commission only, and management will guilt you into questioning the pay structure. They say things like, "if you're a hard worker you shouldn't be afraid of commission only," and imply that preferring a salaried job is lazy. Yes, you might make $1,000 one week, but you could very well make $200 the next week. To be fair, I should note that it is possible to qualify for bonuses and prizes. Management very openly plays favorites. Oh, and if you're on your cell phone in the office you have to do push ups. Yes, push ups. Worst of all, the owner, Casey, makes sexual comments and remarks to the female employees. I witnessed and experienced it. Guess who is in charge of HR? Yep, Casey. I quit the next week. Please please please consider these things before even interviewing at 7. Walking door to door alone isn't safe, and I wouldn't recommend this, or any other Cydcor company to anyone.

7 Marketing Group Response

Oct 7, 2014President

Thank you for the post we are always looking for ways to improve. As for your experience life is generally what you make of it both positive and negative. We do a full day job shadow so that you can ... More

Great leadership and people, compensation based on commission

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at 7 Marketing Group full-time

Pros

Positive work environment with great people to work with. Everyone is like a big family and I always felt welcome when I walked in the door. Casey is an amazing boss and can find the positives in the most negative situations and turn the mood around. Great bonuses if you bust your behind and fun travel opportunities.

Cons

Not a normal 9-5 work day. Odd hours and you have to work weekends and some holidays. Compensation is based on your performance and can some times be inconsistent. Work/life balance is mediocre. No compensation for gas and the benefits are basically non-existent.

Keep up the positivity and encouragement but throw a bone to your employees with a base pay or some benefits...they work hard and they are worth it!

A little skeptical..

Current Employee - Account Manager in Plano, TX

I have been working at 7 Marketing Group full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Representing a Fortune 500 Client in the Telecom Industry...seems stable.

Cons

He never asked me any questions.

Stand by for advice to management.... TBC

An amazing experience that has infused me with a hard work ethic, a passion for team building, and a desire succeed.

Former Employee - Senior Corporate Sales Trainer in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Corporate Sales Trainer in Dallas, TX

I worked at 7 Marketing Group full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Co-workers: Everyone is out to help everyone; either through training or mentoring.
    Corporate culture: Drama free, high energy with open lines of communication.
    Job: Meet a lot of wonderful and memorable people.
    Pay: Some of the bonuses are pretty amazing.
    Work hours: Work hours are slightly off regular hours so I never fought traffic.

Cons

Meetings: Some of the management meetings I've heard before.
    Learning Curve: Some people process the information slowly but this does teach patience.

Keep up the good work.

7 Marketing Group Response

Apr 3, 2014President

Thank you for the review. We are excited to have been able to add value to you as both a person and a professional! Take what you have learned and build upon that even further with your passions.

Great career opportunities!

Current Employee - Account Manager in Plano, TX

I have been working at 7 Marketing Group full-time (more than a year)

Pros

One of the reasons I came to work at 7 Marketing is the people, and the atmosphere. They are like my home away from home. I moved from Virginia to Texas with my college sweetheart and felt welcome in the company from the day I started like a family away from my own. The duties are challenging the pay is good and I can advance as far as I want to take it given I put the work in, I love it.

Cons

The only con I can find thus far is I had to come all the way to Texas to find a career like this. But then again it wasn't the only reason I came so I guess I am lucky to have been here!

Not ideal by any stretch...but not a hell-hole either

Former Employee - Account Manager in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at 7 Marketing Group full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Advancement opportunities. Casey's gonna be successful at whatever he does. His winning attitude is contagious.

Cons

Way too many chiefs...not enough Indians. Too many people not hitting goal. Unqualified leaders.

Be clearer about the hours, pay, and reasonable expectations for success. Delegate only a few to train. Being trained by the whole group can be confusing and demoralizing. Sales is a lot about confidence. Don't wanna destroy that with too many sources of criticism/feedback. There's a difference between good coaches and star players. They're not always interchangeable.

Place to grow personally and professionally

Current Employee - Account Manager in Plano, TX

I have been working at 7 Marketing Group full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I have never worked at a place that they put so much emphasis on personal development. If someone has the right intentions they will absolutely come out a better person by working with this company. The management is also willing to invest in you as much as you are willing to invest in yourself both money wise and mentor ship wise.

Cons

You are talking to current customers and clients for a good part of the day, so it is not a sit and relax kind of job, work hard play hard, like they say. There is no cubical but talking to existing clients about upgrades isn't rocket science either. It does take 60 days for the benefits to kick in, but I've heard that's kind of standard with most companies.