7 for All Mankind

Eric C. Wiseman

Great Brand But Needs Improvement

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Miami Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Miami Beach, FL

I worked at 7 for All Mankind part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Awesome Team if you're lucky
    Great Discount
    Monthly A New Pair of Denim

Cons

Low pay for Associates
    No commission
    No Incentives
    No opportunity for advancement unless lucky.

Word of advice to the company overall, value your associates they are the ones bringing in the money. Provide incentives and give an opportunity for advancement into management to associates who've shown loyalty and commitment to the company.

sales associate

Current Employee - Sales Associate/Keyholder in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Associate/Keyholder in New York, NY

I have been working at 7 for All Mankind part-time (less than an year)

Pros

the team so great and discount worth it

Cons

the higher positions (district manager, loss prevention) don't check on the stores. nor do they return calls. if you deserve a promotion you will never get it.

look to the lower workers. they are the foundation and they are the reason behind the numbers.

Good

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at 7 for All Mankind

Pros

Good Discounts
    Young staff
    Luxury denim
    Good with vacations
    Store hours

Cons

Payroll management
    Old systems
    Scheduling

Popularity contest

Current Employee - Key Holder
    Current Employee - Key Holder

I have been working at 7 for All Mankind full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The free clothes you get every quarter and the bonus program (cash incentive for upper management and clothing allowance for key holders and associates).

Cons

From the director of stores all the way down to store managers, this place is an absolute mess. It's high school all over again and it's a popularity contest. If you have no talent but can suck up to people and can overlook a lot of incompetency in your upper management then this is the perfect workplace for you. This place is radiating of people who lack professionalism and common sense. Company values? The only thing that they value are people that they can manipulate.

Hire the right people with talent to run this company. Compensate the employees that actually have talent. Don't belittle your employees and listen to what they are saying. Maybe then they'll stop leaving.

Insulting to say the least

Current Employee - Keyholder
    Current Employee - Keyholder

I have been working at 7 for All Mankind full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The Quartly Gifting was great to have and to build your wardrobe, as is the bonus structure.

Cons

Everything else.
    The amount of butt kissing one has to do just to recognized is insulting. After being w/ the company for so long, and being treated like I was the enemy made the work place purely unbearable.
    The company is very very insestuous and if you don't fit in their cookie cutter mold, which purely consists of shutting up and rolling everything under the rug, don't expect to excel.
    The expectations for our personal advancement and growth are high, but the delivery is a disappointment.

Restaff your upper management. There are some faces in home office that need to go- They are keeping all of us 'minions' from ever excelling.

A company with low morale and poor management

Former Employee - Manager
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at 7 for All Mankind full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Employee Discount
    Free wardrobe
    Nothing else but theres a 20 word minimum so I have to take up space...

Cons

Management and promotion is entirely who you hang out with outside of work and how much you kiss your DM/AM butt. The district manager I worked under would speak poorly about store managers and assistant store managers to others, complete lack of professionalism. This company is like a giant high school of cliques and crowds. If your not with the "teachers pet" nothing you ever do will be right. Huge turn around (largest i've seen) in upper level management because they are overworked and under paid. No personal life whatsoever and they expect you to work around the clock. Everyone doesn't do their job and passes it down to those below them and it creates no sense of accountability or urgency. Lack of any sort of communication between corporate and retail, people actually in the stores every day have no say in product, allocations, size scaling and it creates an excessive MD rate. If I was offered double my current salary I would still not return. Entirely unethical and lack of professionalism is a disease in this company.

Work with associates based on talent not looks and/or what they do for you personally. Also get some of the horrible upper level management out that have no qualifications to be there.

Sales Associate

Current Employee - Sales Associate/Keyholder in White Plains, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Associate/Keyholder in White Plains, NY

I have been working at 7 for All Mankind part-time (more than an year)

Pros

The pro was the good employee discount and the laid back culture of the store

Cons

the pay was not that good

I had a pretty good experience with the company but it definitely had to do with the people that I worked with.

Current Employee - Supervisor in Newport Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Newport Beach, CA

I have been working at 7 for All Mankind part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good perks as in employee discount and quarterly clothing allowance. Depending on the manager and the store, they advanced but seniority if you were qualified.

Cons

Many times, the company's organizational structure with HQ and high level management was very disorganized.

Great retail place to work! If you're looking to be in the fashion industry this would be a great place to start!

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Camarillo, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Camarillo, CA

I worked at 7 for All Mankind part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Gifted product every 3 months. Received bonuses when monthly goal was made. Very generous discounts. As part time employee I received 401k benefits

Cons

Working at the outlets. Growing within is very slim.

Fun while it lasted.

I worked at 7 for All Mankind part-time

Pros

The free jeans were probably the best part of the job, it was extremely easy work, decent discount, okay pay for retail.

Cons

Company does not give sales associates full time hours, upper management was rude.

Listen to your employees, give them a chance to speak without speaking over them.

7 for All Mankind Photos