888 Holdings Reviews

888 Holdings CEO Brian Mattingley
Brian Mattingley

1. Very good place to work in

I worked at 888 Holdings

Pros

Teammates are professionals, cool occupation, good work life balance, creative atmosphere

Cons

Not enough professional advancement opportunities

2. 888 US Services, worst company to work with!

Current Employee - Customer Service Operations Representative in Secaucus, NJ
    Current Employee - Customer Service Operations Representative in Secaucus, NJ

I have been working at 888 Holdings (Less than a year)

Pros

Nothing! Nothing! Nothing! Absolutely nothing!

Cons

The schedule is the worst, after working here for almost 8 months my body still can't handle the ever changing schedule, they never pay on time, they don't have an hr department, they never paid me for my overtime, the management are very rude and pissy, people are quitting left and right, the only reason why I am still here is because I don't have much goals in life as of yet, but I am looking to get out of this god forsaken place. Literally, about 10 people quit within a one month span, it's sad and depressing here, and the job description doesn't match with what you were hired to do, they pay is bad, we weren't getting paid for holidays until last month..sad

Advice to Management

restructure the whole company, change the management team, implement a training technique, stop bashing people for doing things that we were never taught, get a 401k plan, the payroll should be based out of the USA not Antigua, maybe that is why we can never get a consistent paycheck

3. Customer Operations Specialist in Secaucus. This place is terrible! Run the other way!!

Current Employee - Customer Operations Specialist in Secaucus, NJ
    Current Employee - Customer Operations Specialist in Secaucus, NJ

I have been working at 888 Holdings full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You can dress down for work, free coffee, free parking, free dental and eye insurance

Cons

No structure, the managers are self absorbed.. there is no hr department, payroll is always messed up, the training is sub par, the hiring process is a joke, they hire anyone, people call out everyday, the turnover is extremely high...a coworker of mine didn't get paid for 2 MONTHS!!! That is unacceptable.The managers don't like to verbalize, they send nasty emails to try to intimidate you. Bed Bugs infestation that was brought in by one of the employees and the company did nothing until one of the employees called OSHA on them!! Some of the reps are immature and they promote people that has been with the company less than 2 hours, it's disgusting

Advice to Management

give feedback, understand the labor laws of nj

5. DO NOT WORK HERE

Former Employee - Fraud Representative in Secaucus, NJ
    Former Employee - Fraud Representative in Secaucus, NJ

I worked at 888 Holdings

Pros

The people you work with on the same level are the only pro to this job.

Cons

I am going to do this because I wish someone had done this for me before I took this job offer. The money is horrible, the schedule is inconsistent and 24/7 365 which means you will work holidays and weekends with no extra compensation. The shift work is inconsistent. Your hours are unhealthy (overnights to early mornings etc) and i'm pretty sure illegal. The management is clueless and do not know the first thing about how companies are run and how to retain employees. Best advice I can give anyone who wants to work here..Don't.

Advice to Management

Quit your day job

6. Great Company

I have been working at 888 Holdings

Pros

Great workers and the best to learn about onine marketing

Cons

The industry cab be problemtaic

7. Couldn't say anything bad about this job. Good entry level salary and raises offered. Solid benefits package offered too

Current Employee - Customer Operations Representative in Secaucus, NJ
    Current Employee - Customer Operations Representative in Secaucus, NJ

I have been working at 888 Holdings full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun job, good computer software experience. Customer Service Experience. People cover each others shifts if cant work. Food always there. Co workers help each other out on shift. People say you cant have a life and that's not true. The shifts are random each month you can work some overnight, late or morning shifts. People still get some weekends off. If you work an overnight you have the whole day off. Good benefits package offered too. If your a gamer this is the job for you.

Cons

People don't like the 12-8 overnight shifts but that is just part of the job.

8. New Jersey 888 Office - huge turnover rate. Use this job to move to the next place.

Former Employee - Fraud/Customer Operations Representative in Secaucus, NJ
    Former Employee - Fraud/Customer Operations Representative in Secaucus, NJ

I worked at 888 Holdings full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Consistent paycheck. Benefits were ok. Great coworkers (non upper management which are 2 main people).

Cons

Everyone, and yes, I mean everyone is looking to leave 888 New Jersey.

You will NOT have a life if you work here due to the inconsistent scheduling, and extreme lack of care for a work life balance. Huge turnover rate. Let's put it this way. We started with 30 people, we lost 19 people out of that group (including supervisors and management) in less than 1 year. Management struggled to get people to work due to inconsistent scheduling and treatment. We really lost great people who were very smart (such a shame).

Tons of errors with the computer software (Cassbo). Customers get mad when the "system is down" time after time. IT is very slow to answer any software questions (if they even choose to answer). No holiday overtime pay (what the heck)? The graveyard shifts and inconsistent schedule will destroy your family, friends, and significant others' lives. EX: You will be scheduled a day off on a Wednesday, but then have to work an overnight shift on Thursday. This is NOT a day off of full rest. You do NOT get more money for working graveyard shifts (and if they do give it now, it is not worth the pay).

No 401k offering (which HR even balked at the idea of and gave us all a dirty look like we were asking for a $20,000 raise). Tel Aviv runs this company so it's a lot of micromanaging.

They also like to "promote" people, but give them the same salary and crappy hours. How is this a promotion? More work for the SAME pay. You also can't work from home when this is an ONLINE company.

You rarely, if ever, get a weekend off. If you do have a "weekend", you will have a Tuesday and Friday off, but have to work early on a Saturday. Just ask around.

Advice to Management

You've micromanaged the company and it could have been successful. Everyone, and yes, I mean everyone is looking to leave.

Actually listen to your employees, or you'll have to train another 30 people over and over every 6 months. If an employee makes a mistake, tell them ... don't let them find out months later and not even remember the situation that happened. Be direct when giving advice or correcting a problem. Often you hear from certain management ... "Well, what do you think?"

If someone requests a vacation 4 months in advance on a non-popular takeoff time, it shouldn't be a problem to take off. Get back to them, and respect they have a life outside of 888.

9. Great place, great food and fun people

I worked at 888 Holdings

Pros

Lots of great people to work with. The fridge is always stalked. There are tons of games throughout the company.

Cons

The bathroom always has a long line. If you are thinking about taking a poo, forget it. Its better to go to a near by restaurant.

Advice to Management

Install more bathrooms.

10. Product Manager

Former Employee - Product Manager in Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)
    Former Employee - Product Manager in Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)

I worked at 888 Holdings full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice office in a good area, fun people, amenities are good... Pizza every night and a bus to the city

Cons

Not enough impact to make in a large organization. You feel small and insignificant and there no involvement in what's happening higher in the salary chain

Advice to Management

Adapt a more flat organization structure

11. Good for gaining experience and opens doors

I worked at 888 Holdings full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Could be a very comfortable place to work at since no one really looks at your hours.
    Can go on for days without doing much, spending your time at lunches, birthday parties and smoking outside and no one will care, as long as you're doing what you need to.
    And in general - one of the biggest pros of this company is that it lets you be responsible for yourself, big company - lots of managers. If you deliver - no one cares how you spend your time.
    Good people.
    Good corporate experience.
    Gives you lots of connections in the outside world and the company has a good name outside.

Cons

Low salaries that bring mediocre people (in the last few years) and is making this a very mediocre environment professionally - doesn't push you to your limits in any way. You need to understand what you're doing, what your goal is and this is it. Could be nice for people who are looking for comfort rather than develop professionally.
    Apart from it, it seems like the management no longer cares about the employee conditions, not just salary wise. In the last few years the company made A LOT of money and it was not translated to the work environment in any way.
    Not a lot of opportunities to move forward as well. The management hardly nurtures good employees and hardly gives new opportunities to people who don't have previous experience in different positions (even if you've been in the company for a few years).
    Too many meetings, too many people that want to hear themselves talk.

RSS Feed </> Embed