8e6 Technologies

8e6 Technologies Reviews

Be The First To
Add Photos

John Vigouroux

pretty decent pay for a college job

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Orange, CA

Pros-flexible hours
    -good pay for a part time job
    -even upper management seem down to earth and relate to all employees
    -good communication
    -employee oriented - turned an office into a company gym

Cons-there was a lack of motivation to further myself in the company. I basically worked just hard enough to maintain an average level of work.

Advice to Senior ManagementAs a college job, this company was very satisfying, but I could never turn this place into a career. Verifiers need more goal oriented tasks and/or compensation for quality quantity of work.

lots of changes

QA/QC (Former Employee) Irvine, CA

Prosteamwork and overall camaraderie was ok

Conslots of changes since merged with finjan, trustwave, etc

Advice to Senior Managementimprove on core values

It was OK

Sales (Former Employee) Orange, CA

ProsThe people are pretty good.

ConsCompany lacks any kind of directon.

Advice to Senior ManagementSomeone needs to get out and steer the boat.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Technology, Very Little Process

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Irvine, CA

ProsMany of the people are some of the finest I've worked with. The technology is cutting edge and is the best web security in the market. Some of the executives are striving to make the right decisions and create a better working environment.

ConsThe technology is very difficult to deploy and manage.

Advice to Senior Managementencourage the workforce.

Great place if you are not ambitious, layoffs happen without warning despite claims of rosy prospects, not micromanaged

Software Engineer (Former Employee) Orange, CA

ProsFreedom to innovate, not too much stuffiness or stifling, friendly ranks.

ConsTechnical managers may lack people skills, company slow to recognize and apply corrections to a situation- a recent technical director caused employees leaving @ 1 a month for about six months till the management seemed to take care of it. Top is a buddy system, ranks generally wary of management.

Advice to Senior ManagementFeel the employees' pulse and address concerns.

Great place to drive yourself and stand out - just don't expect to get paid for it

Manager (Current Employee) Orange, CA

ProsGreat place for work/life balance where you can drive yourself and learn things or put things on cruise control. Managers are very understanding of your life outside of work and are very understanding of your needs. People are very nice and fewer politics than you'll see in larger companies and is more of a family atmosphere.

ConsYour efforts might be recognized but don't expect to be rewarded for them. Just learn as much as you can and consider it like paying tuition. The family atmosphere has a downside in a seeming inability to rid itself of under-performing employees. If you're a ambitious, you'll have plenty of opportunities to shine but you won't be paid for your success.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your employees a fair wage

A FUN place to work!

Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) Orange, CA

ProsThere is a lot of room for growth because it isn't a HUGE company. I really loved the way they treated us and the un-structured mentorship there was there. It was a really great place to work and a lot of fun. Also, I think that the encouragement for leadership development, the great "Employee of the Month" program which is nominated by employees, even the company parties we had really went a long way toward me being really happy there. I miss it a lot!!

ConsWhen your field rep is thousands of miles away, that can sometimes lead to miscommunication. It would probably have been better for all of us to be in the same location at once.

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat job, keep up the good work. I loved working there!!

satisfied

Prosteam work, good condition, slary

Consworkin alone, long distance, joy

Will not go wrong working here.

Sales (Current Employee)

ProsThe people always makes a company the best to work. 8e6 is no exception, however this is with all employees from support to senior management. They are very open to the realities of business and share this with the employees - the good and the bad.

ConsThey are a little cheap. There are worse things a company can do for its employees, but this seems to stand out at 8e6. They also hold onto weak employees longer than they should. While this might not be a bad thing if your the weaker employee, its hurts the stronger ones who have to make up the weakness.
    I know its never a position a manger wants to be in, but sometimes its best for the employee and the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop being so cheap.

Worked for 8e6 Technologies? Contribute to the Community!