8x8 Reviews

Fast-Paced, High-Growth, Awesome!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I have been working at 8x8 full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fast-paced environment that allows for rapid changes. If status quo is what you like, this is not the place for you. If you're energetic and want to make a difference the corporate culture is very supportive. Relatively new management team with lots of good industry experience in running larger companies that can bring more ideas, structure, and discipline to 8x8. All levels of management work well together with lots of cross-functional cooperation. There is almost zilch politics in this company and everyone is focused on doing the right things for our customers and employees.

Cons

Lack of some formal business processes. But, this is not uncommon for a business of this size. There is a strong push and focus to develop in this area to be able to scale the business and things are progressing at a good pace.

Keep up the great work!

Things have changed!

Current Employee - Account Executive  in  San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in San Jose, CA

I have been working at 8x8 full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Plenty of money to be made, mature product that sells, majority of sales reps are outperforming quota, regular promotions, contests and prizes awarded and a management team that cares.

New office facility is AWESOME, so much closer to everything (light rail is 1 block away)!

#1 service provider in industry, boy does that help with sales.

Some older reviews share a different time at 8x8, that I was there to see and happy they are no more.

Very friendly benefits and employee costs are more than fair.

Cons

Harder to shine now. It has become the norm to hit quota regularly and to be among the best of the best is challenging.

Cubes are a little tight, but hey I'm making plenty of money.

Keep it up, there has been plenty of positive change in the last 18 months. Here's for hoping that it will continue down the same path.

Great Company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at 8x8

Pros

Strong Market Presence. Competive Compensation package

Cons

Sales floor is extremely competitve

Stop hiring new sales reps!

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Overall good company to work for.

I worked at 8x8 full-time

Pros

The UCC technology offerings are great, it is up front in their business. Great products to deploy for any medium size company.

Cons

One department is still in its infancy of development although the managers have been there several years. The department is reactive and not proactive. Lack of written training or a developed documented plan of progression for juniors and seniors. Training is done by show and tell. Documentation is often outdated, I found a document that pertained to their previous location several years ago. Group is driven by a boys club environment.

fix it.

Great company vision, great opportunity, generally good culture

Current Employee - Technical Installation Lead  in  San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Technical Installation Lead in San Jose, CA

I have been working at 8x8 full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Lots of opportunity to advance if you're willing to learn and work hard
    - Company is doing well and creates an exciting environment to work in
    - Great benefits
    - Coworkers are generally helpful and most supervisors will work with you to help you improve

Cons

- Some lower support positions aren't compensated based on market value
    - Some of the upper management in support don't understand the exact tasks of the workers on the ground

- Don't tell people they are being compensated at market value if they aren't
    - Be transparent about your policies about mobility/pay increase
    - Know what your underlings do

Small-Med Company with huge upside

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I have been working at 8x8 full-time for less than a year

Pros

Based on my sub-Month experience on the job, there is an abundant of activity which I can get my hands on, own it, drive it, and provide value-add. The management is preparing the company for the next big growth wave. Im hoping the management will support these activities.
    I love the fact there seems to be very little RED tape to get things done. And when things are decided, the project timeline from start to end is short.

Cons

Lots of small business mentality so getting "hands dirty" with the as-is processes is TIME Consuming. Since resource spend is very lean, then justifying the need for scalable process and system solutions will require some heavy lifting.

Support the initiatives which will support the longevity of the company.

Amazing growth, ambitious and personally rewarding.

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at 8x8

Pros

The level of professionalism along with the internal practice of true open-doorism provides for a progressive style company.

Cons

Remote privileges are tight and often not granted if you live locally, unless you have a medical reason that is acceptable or other biased basis.

Make it cool and they will come. Make it sizzle and it will sell.

Good Place to get into the Industry

Former Employee - Technical Support Representative  in  San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Technical Support Representative in San Jose, CA

I worked at 8x8 full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great Culture, good place to get yourself into the industry and get your hands dirty with real world problems. Great Sales and Support teams at 8x8.

Cons

8x8 is good company for people working in middle management and above, they hardly do any work, Support department is grossly understaffed and paid less for the job compared to other tech companies in the Valley. Have seen employees quit in a day. While my time in support there were major known issues that were not fixed for 7+ months and still unfixed at time I left 8x8. THIS LEAVES A BIG QUESTION MARK IN MY HEAD ABOUT 8x8........... FYI: 8x8.com is just a marking platform.

FIX the above, have metrics in place to Measure the performance of the Engineer, QA and Operation teams , you guys are finding new metrics every day to measure support employee performance.

Sales Development

I worked at 8x8 full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great people to work with.

Cons

Company is not marketed well.

not what I expected but its okay

I have been working at 8x8 full-time

Pros

Friendly co-workers and fast turn around to get things done if you know the right people. Very friendly CEO (Vik) and a great Human Resource Team.
    The solution works and does what its suppose to. I'm happy that i'm at a company where I'm not fielding complaint calls the entire day
    Everyone works together for a common goal

Cons

Needs more processes and procedures in place for this company to run like a large company. There is a disconnect between different departments thru some of the automated process.
    Frontline employees do everything possible to make customers happy but sometimes upper management and policy gets in the way.

Don't let your actions and decisions contradict our own priorities.

Worked for 8x8? Contribute to the Community!