8x8

Not yet rated.

Vik Verma

Fast-Paced, High-Growth, Awesome!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Jose, CA

ProsFast-paced environment that allows for rapid changes. If status quo is what you like, this is not the place for you. If you're energetic and want to make a difference the corporate culture is very supportive. Relatively new management team with lots of good industry experience in running larger companies that can bring more ideas, structure, and discipline to 8x8. All levels of management work well together with lots of cross-functional cooperation. There is almost zilch politics in this company and everyone is focused on doing the right things for our customers and employees.

ConsLack of some formal business processes. But, this is not uncommon for a business of this size. There is a strong push and focus to develop in this area to be able to scale the business and things are progressing at a good pace.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work!

Things have changed!

Account Executive (Current Employee) San Jose, CA

ProsPlenty of money to be made, mature product that sells, majority of sales reps are outperforming quota, regular promotions, contests and prizes awarded and a management team that cares.

New office facility is AWESOME, so much closer to everything (light rail is 1 block away)!

#1 service provider in industry, boy does that help with sales.

Some older reviews share a different time at 8x8, that I was there to see and happy they are no more.

Very friendly benefits and employee costs are more than fair.

ConsHarder to shine now. It has become the norm to hit quota regularly and to be among the best of the best is challenging.

Cubes are a little tight, but hey I'm making plenty of money.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up, there has been plenty of positive change in the last 18 months. Here's for hoping that it will continue down the same path.

Great Company

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Sunnyvale, CA

ProsStrong Market Presence. Competive Compensation package

ConsSales floor is extremely competitve

Advice to Senior ManagementStop hiring new sales reps!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Overall good company to work for.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe UCC technology offerings are great, it is up front in their business. Great products to deploy for any medium size company.

ConsOne department is still in its infancy of development although the managers have been there several years. The department is reactive and not proactive. Lack of written training or a developed documented plan of progression for juniors and seniors. Training is done by show and tell. Documentation is often outdated, I found a document that pertained to their previous location several years ago. Group is driven by a boys club environment.

Advice to Senior Managementfix it.

Great company vision, great opportunity, generally good culture

Technical Installation Lead (Current Employee) San Jose, CA

Pros- Lots of opportunity to advance if you're willing to learn and work hard
    - Company is doing well and creates an exciting environment to work in
    - Great benefits
    - Coworkers are generally helpful and most supervisors will work with you to help you improve

Cons- Some lower support positions aren't compensated based on market value
    - Some of the upper management in support don't understand the exact tasks of the workers on the ground

Advice to Senior Management- Don't tell people they are being compensated at market value if they aren't
    - Be transparent about your policies about mobility/pay increase
    - Know what your underlings do

Small-Med Company with huge upside

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Jose, CA

ProsBased on my sub-Month experience on the job, there is an abundant of activity which I can get my hands on, own it, drive it, and provide value-add. The management is preparing the company for the next big growth wave. Im hoping the management will support these activities.
    I love the fact there seems to be very little RED tape to get things done. And when things are decided, the project timeline from start to end is short.

ConsLots of small business mentality so getting "hands dirty" with the as-is processes is TIME Consuming. Since resource spend is very lean, then justifying the need for scalable process and system solutions will require some heavy lifting.

Advice to Senior ManagementSupport the initiatives which will support the longevity of the company.

Amazing growth, ambitious and personally rewarding.

Account Executive (Current Employee)

ProsThe level of professionalism along with the internal practice of true open-doorism provides for a progressive style company.

ConsRemote privileges are tight and often not granted if you live locally, unless you have a medical reason that is acceptable or other biased basis.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake it cool and they will come. Make it sizzle and it will sell.

not what I expected but its okay

ProsFriendly co-workers and fast turn around to get things done if you know the right people. Very friendly CEO (Vik) and a great Human Resource Team.
    The solution works and does what its suppose to. I'm happy that i'm at a company where I'm not fielding complaint calls the entire day
    Everyone works together for a common goal

ConsNeeds more processes and procedures in place for this company to run like a large company. There is a disconnect between different departments thru some of the automated process.
    Frontline employees do everything possible to make customers happy but sometimes upper management and policy gets in the way.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't let your actions and decisions contradict our own priorities.

good opportunity

Prosgreat place if you are highly motivated

Conswish the company was bigger

Good enough

Line Number Porting Specialist (Current Employee) San Jose, CA

ProsLearned a lot in enriching my customer service experience.Team work and Work environment.

ConsLow salaries and some unprofessional team members.

Worked for 8x8? Contribute to the Community!