8x8

Be The First To
Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Vik Verma

A victim of the Good old boy network

ProsThey throw a good party, they lavish gifts on sales, and they feed us on a regular basis.

ConsIf you are older, not a member of the ruling clique, or not a young female, there is no opportunity for advancement. And now Customer support will be run by the bean counters. Our customers will hate us more than they do now.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake a clean sweep,

Technical Installation Lead

Technical Installation Lead (Former Employee) Sunnyvale, CA

ProsOpportunity to talk to great customers and teach them about 8x8's phone systems.

ConsGood-Old-Boys network...Young men in management...there way only.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire more women and people of color. Have more women of color in upper management. Be real with all people not just "good-old-boys". Thank you

Stay away from this place.

Account Executive (Former Employee) Sunnyvale, CA

ProsNo-cap comissions allow for great earning potential.

ConsMicro, Micro, Micro. Little flexibility. Write-ups are frequent and common practice. Negative reinforcement is huge. Stress levels are extremely high amongst peers. Management focuses on pure cash incentives to win-over employees, job enrichment is not a focus.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe negativity on the sales floor is being caused by management, not by the sales people. Time to wake up.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Nice Building

ConsLow Base/hourly
    micro managed
    mis-aligned management/agent goals

Advice to Senior Managementalign goals between executive team and agents on the floor.

Under new management, could be a great company.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Sunnyvale, CA

ProsBright people, great product, excellent benefits. Some of the people I've met at 8x8 have become long time friends. The benefits include full medical, dental, vision, 401K and 3 weeks vacation per year not including sick time. The VoIP product requires consultative selling and is a wonderful technology for small to medium sized businesses as well as residential.

ConsThe biggest gripe at the company for several years now is the inside sales team. This is run like a sweatshop and has become increasingly worse over the past year. 8x8 hires inexperienced people for dirt cheap and promise them big 6 figure commissions which is not true at all. There is huge turnover because training is poor and pressure is extensive to hit the unrealistic quotas. 8x8 has created a dog eat dog mentality within this dept and unfortunately focuses all their energy and attn on them. I did not work in this dept, but have worked with 8x8 for years and saw the creation of this dept (which was a good idea at the time) and saw its demise.

The executive team does not want to hear the complaints from this dept nor any other depts. In order for 8x8 to become the company it has potential of being, they need to replace their Executive team and Board of Directors. There needs to be new ideas, more creative management skills and not so much the "good ol' boys club" like it has been for over 20 years. They continue to make the same mistakes over and over again and not learn from them.

Advice to Senior ManagementTo the Board of Directors: fire your CEO, CFO and CTO. Bring in a saavy business minded CEO to take this company beyond its $1-$2 stock. Bring in a CFO who has a financial background and who isn't so temperamental. Bring in a CTO who isn't a backstabber out to better himself.

After you clean house on the Executive team, step down and bring in some fresh new Board members with creative ideas and the willingness to listen to the employees' feedback. You have done a disservice to the company and the technology by letting the bad habits go on for too long.

Let this be your last option...

Sales (Current Employee) Sunnyvale, CA

ProsGreat people, decent support, remote opportunities, leads.... Good when it works... Nice perks, company events, provides food and drinks pretty regularly. Got stress relievers like ping pong table, foos ball tables, a Wii on the sales floor. Sales floor gets all the perks...

ConsLong hours - 10-12 hour days expected, constant changes that disrupt the entire sales floor. Support is horrible. If you play the game of 'shoe-shining" well with management, you will move on up in life. No job stability, constant turn-over, everyone is afraid of their job security. Have 1 bad month, they are breathing down your neck, have 2 bad months, you'll get a surprise box...

Advice to Senior ManagementMaking changes are ok, but make sure you give enough time to see if the changes work before changing something else!!!!

not what I expected but its okay

ProsFriendly co-workers and fast turn around to get things done if you know the right people. Very friendly CEO (Vik) and a great Human Resource Team.
    The solution works and does what its suppose to. I'm happy that i'm at a company where I'm not fielding complaint calls the entire day
    Everyone works together for a common goal

ConsNeeds more processes and procedures in place for this company to run like a large company. There is a disconnect between different departments thru some of the automated process.
    Frontline employees do everything possible to make customers happy but sometimes upper management and policy gets in the way.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't let your actions and decisions contradict our own priorities.

good opportunity

Prosgreat place if you are highly motivated

Conswish the company was bigger

Good enough

Line Number Porting Specialist (Current Employee) San Jose, CA

ProsLearned a lot in enriching my customer service experience.Team work and Work environment.

ConsLow salaries and some unprofessional team members.

Good solution, horrible leads. No brand recognition.

Account Executive (Former Employee)

ProsGreat unified communication solution. Awesome for companies with geographically displaced workforce.

ConsVirtually impossible to consistently hit quota within first year. Major disconnect between marketing and sales. Low base pay

Worked for 8x8? Contribute to the Community!