99 Cents Only

www.99only.com

99 Cents Only Reviews

Updated Jul 23, 2014

Stéphane Gonthier

Pros
  • Competitive pay, good benefits, alot of tenured employees(in 3 reviews)

• Busy, learn new things every day, make a difference with someone, whether co-worker or customer(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Low Pay, Huge Amounts of work, expect managers to work 52 hours a week with really(in 7 reviews)

Good place to work for a few years.

ProsGood hours. Good people. Great prices.

ConsBad Communication and strict bosses.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunication is KEY.

Cashier

Cashier (Former Employee) Tempe, AZ

ProsGreat co workers. Nothing else good to say.

ConsManagement have preference for some people, if you are in the good list, and I mean kissing buds, they will give you hours. Most of the employees are part time with no even 20 hrs a week, minimum wage.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrain your managers and assistants to treat employees with respect. The fact that we are working on a minimum wage doesn't mean that we can be treated like crap.

Want Respect don't work here.

(Former Employee)

Prosthey work with Schedule sometimes. able to get cheap stuff first. relaxed dress code. good start for first job.

Consunless you are good with management socially forget to move up. very un-customer focused. got in trouble for helping a customer find items. no communication other than post a bulletin in a board that never gets cleaned from past bulletins... Low pay

Advice to Senior ManagementRESPECT!!!! I felt so disrespected from the management here. they need to take management classes. This was the only company I lost respect for the management after i seen how they treat the employees. I seen actions from "do as I say not as I do" to management using very unprofessional language and actions. Management need to learn how to delegate and give REALISTIC goals. no matter how fast you do something you don't get praise

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good experience due to lean staffing

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsDepending on dept, will be asked to wear many hats. this is good if you like that and it does expand your skillset.

Conslean staffing. it is a bit difficult to be promoted unless you are in very good relationship with management.

Software Developer

ProsGood environment to work and thrive.

ConsManagement suddenly take decisions about employees layoff

OK but....

General Manager (Former Employee) Berkeley, CA

ProsDecent salary
    A lot of autonomy
    Good opportunity for advancement

ConsLong working hours
    Little staffing
    Dangerous neighborhoods
    At the end they converted all store managers to an hourly wage

Advice to Senior Managementincrease prices to allow higher pay rates for hourly associates and provide

manager

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Proscompensation was good to start there

Conswork environment, culture, training, safety

Get Experience and Move On

Stocker (Current Employee) Rancho Cucamonga, CA

ProsA good starter job for high school kids and those who are not looking to advance.

ConsLow pay & alot of work - I work the graveyard shift stocking and get the same pay as the cashiers who do mostly nothing all day! I lift heavy boxes, bending constantly, my knees are calloused and ache and my hands are completely cut up and feel like sandpaper and the air conditioning is off per corporate's instruction... we beg the supervisor to turn it on for us. I got the same 25 cent raise that cashiers got... is that fair? It is not mandatory but it is customary in other industries to pay people who work the graveyard shift more per hour simply because the hours are grueling and the work is very physical.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote all employees... not just the bi-lingual or minority employees and, stop playing favorites!

It was a good beginner job, I learned a lot and gained some good experiences.

Cashier (Former Employee) Humble, TX

ProsGood job for someone in high school.

ConsMinimum wage and you will be doing a lot of work.

Company that cares going through transition

Human Resources (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsCompetitive pay, good benefits, alot of tenured employees

ConsInconsistent structure and goals, alot of internal struggles

Advice to Senior ManagementThe company has been sold and reorganized, I believe this is a good start to some consistency for the employees

Worked for 99 Cents Only? Contribute to the Community!