Aéropostale Reviews

Reset
3.2
Aéropostale CEO Julian Geiger
Julian Geiger

Pros
  • The only thing good about working here is the employee discount (in 43 reviews)

• Aero also gives employees a great discount (in 39 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper Management did not provide a work life balance (in 20 reviews)

• Minimum wage is what you can expect (in 33 reviews)

1. Best job I've had

Current Employee - Merch Flow Associate in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Merch Flow Associate in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Aéropostale part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

By far the best hands-on training I've ever received. I started as a sales associate, with no retail experience. By the next year I was asked to be the merch flow associate part time, working under the merch manager. Two years later, I'm still here. My favorite job, hands down.

Cons

I wish the hours were more steady, and the pay for my position was a little higher. Also, I wish there wasn't an age requirement to become a manager.

2. store manager

I worked at Aéropostale

Pros

You learn a lot meet a lot of people.

Cons

It's hard to move up

3. Great starter job for teens in highschool.

Current Employee - Cash Wrap Specialist in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Cash Wrap Specialist in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Aéropostale

Pros

FLEXIBLE, TEACHES YOU A VARIETY OF THINGS WITHIN RETAIL.

Cons

The pay could be better

5. Assistant Manager

I worked at Aéropostale full-time

Pros

Good company culture; a lot of good corporate activity and community involvement; ability to lead and influence others; ability to request scheduled time off for your two days a week or switch schedules; ability to have practically unlimited paid sick time and 20 PTO days for your first year as an employee

Cons

Schedule always changing and not posted until a week or two in advance; treated like a number; expected to work holidays weekends and over night shifts; stressful work environment to meet sales goals and coach due to young nature of employees; not very good benefits

Advice to Management

Be a bit more friendly and

6. Sales associate /cashier

I have been working at Aéropostale part-time

Pros

Lots and lots of discounts; especially if you're in high school (extra 10% on top of the normal 30%)

Cons

I make like $30 each paycheck. Which is more than nothing for a teen but I wish I got more hours. I probably don't because they just hired like 6 new people after me and there are only 7 days in a week and I can only work 3 times a week. And they only give part time for everyone who's new

7. Good Highschool Job

I worked at Aéropostale part-time (More than a year)

Pros

fun work environment, good discount at the store, management was awesome, overall, it was a good first high school job

Cons

no raise after one year due to the company not making as much money, stayed at minimum wage, the things they want us to promote, don't always make sense due to promotion team is in NY and i currently worked in TX (for example: making us wear skinny jeans in the middle of July when it's 104 degrees outside

Advice to Management

keep the work environment fun and exciting for the workers and they'll stay. Make the work team feel like a family and you'll have a great work team to work with.

8. Aero Review

I worked at Aéropostale

Pros

easy job, good for a part time high schooler.

Cons

bad shift hours, shifts are never consistent. don't know about shifts until basically last minute.

Advice to Management

better communication and options for shifts. manager at my store stole hours from other employees.

9. neutral

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Aéropostale

Pros

benefits such as Personal days every month

Cons

contradicting direction and cafeteria style of following company policy and procedures.

So far, so good

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Aéropostale

Pros

Easy to find information you need
    Company values, lead with positivity and encouragement
    Great training programs
    Clothing is getting better, more on trend and at a reasonable price point
    Great prizes and incentive contest for stores.

I have only been with Aero a couple of months, but, so far I really am enjoying myself. The company has a clear vision of where they are going and they communicate that well with the storeline associates. I really like the culture of the company, they know they have struggled in recent years and they own their mistakes (unlike another recently closed retailer I worked for that blamed everyone but themselves...rhymes with Smelias) They really want to see everyone succeed. They are a very compassionate company.

Cons

Payroll can be tight
    Retail hours and no paid holidays for management staff
    Floorsets are supposed to be done after close, which isn't the best if you have small children
    Allocations, we will often receive only one or two sizes in an item and never get more in...makes the customer leave empty handed

Most of this is typical retail stuff, I am never going to love working nights and weekends, but, it's part of the job. My only issue that the company can control is the allocations issue. It is really frustrating that we never seem to get a full size run in anything.

Advice to Management

Since the company is going through a re-branding (it seems) I would suggest just changing the name to Aero and making over the stores so they look more modern, but, that takes time and money. The other option is to embrace their diverse client base. I think they need to realize that it's not just teens that shop at Aero, a lot of our customers and in their 20's and 30's and have been wearing Aero since they were in high school. They should consider doing a line that reflects that customer.

11. Seasonal Position

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Commerce, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Commerce, CA

I worked at Aéropostale part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I like busy, so it was always busy in this location.

Cons

favorites got the most hours. If you're not a favorite you won't get too many. I was scheduled 1-2 times a week.
    Training could've been better.
    Some employees didn't bother interacting with the new hires and seemed bothered when a new hire would ask them a question.

Advice to Management

Allow new hires to prove themselves. They can't do it if they're only scheduled to go in once a week. There's different things going on each week. Promotion/specials change a lot and if people are working once a week of course they're going to be lost with all the new things coming up and going on that they are BARELY learning about (which is different from the previous week).

RSS Feed </> Embed