www.daigger.com

Updated September 26, 2014
Updated September 26, 2014
4.0

Jim Woldenberg

Awesome company to work with.

Current Employee - Analyst in Vernon Hills, IL
    Current Employee - Analyst in Vernon Hills, IL

I have been working at A. Daigger as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Very friendly culture, lot to learn. Medium size company get to communicate/work with various departments.

Work/life balance is great. Has good opportunities for new people to learn. I come from Bsc in Chemistry, and have a MBA so for me to fit into to this company and starting out in Marketing was a great experience.

Fun job overall.

Cons

Medium size company have a big competitor pressure, always trying to make adjustments and improve on how they work.
    Best way to obtain more experience at this company is to ask for more work.Speaking with different groups and managers and seeking other work besides your work load is what worked for me. Enjoyed working and doing different aspects of the job.

Keep up the good work!

Love working here.

I have been working at A. Daigger full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Top notch people who have a lot of respect for one another. Good internal communication, great culture building.

Cons

Compete against some big companies. Hard to beat them, but Company is making adjustments to strategy and focusing on taking care of its Customers.

enlightening

I worked at A. Daigger full-time

Pros

I enjoyed the peers I worked with. I met some outstanding personnel there. Most left already. Being a small business ,you have the opportunity to cut through some of the red tape to do your work.

Cons

I lost trust once I seen how things are handled at this Company.Ask a lot of questions if you interview before accepting and get it in writing any promises offered.This Company is a game changer in the middle of the game on how they attempt to change strategies.

look outside the box and think before you execute decisions as the other person posted on this site.
    Good Luck to Senior Management-you need it.

Former Employee - Desktop Technician in Vernon Hills, IL
    Former Employee - Desktop Technician in Vernon Hills, IL

I worked at A. Daigger full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Worked with a great team. I was able to get experience working on MAC computers and work in the AS400 environment.

Cons

Compensation was on the low side.

A Daigger & Company is Leader in Lab supply Industry now joined Online Pharmaceutical Industry

Former Employee - A Daigger & Company IS Leader In Lab Supply Industry in Rochester, NY

I worked at A. Daigger

Pros

Cons

Time being delay in working hours

Great small company but no idea how to grow.

Former Employee - Sales

I worked at A. Daigger full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Nice people to work with. Good salary and benefits.

Cons

There were many management changes and because of that they had a flavor of the month process for growing sales. It was crazy! They expected to see immediate changes when relationships have to be nurtured to be grown.

Pick a path and stick with it. Allow your employees to get good at whatever it is and stop making so many changes!

A great place to work!

I have been working at A. Daigger

Pros

Freedom to do my job, no micro-managing, opportunity to grow. Company understands work/life balance but rewards for above average performance.

Cons

As with any small business, the resources are strained a bit. The good thing is that the company realizes this and making changes to eliminate this.