A + Educational Centers

Be The First To
Add Photos

Get to help kids

Tutor (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsYou often get to meet great kids and wonderful families. Get to practice basic skills. Often relaxing, but occasionally stressful.

ConsCompensation for extraneous costs to the tutors is slow, and occasionally not granted, which ultimately comes from my paycheck. From what I know, other companies pay upwards of $20.00 vs a meager $12-15 here. You often have to commute to homes (sometimes far away) and then you only get paid for gas. You often tutor in impoverished neighborhoods.

Sometimes the kids and families are not so nice.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay us more for the work we do. We put ourselves in less than friendly neighborhoods to uplift kids. Don't be so frugal with compensation. At a rate of $80.00 per hour being charged to the Federal Government for kids to get free tutoring it doesn't quite seem right...

Look elsewhere if you want to tutor.

Tutor (Former Employee) Oxnard, CA

ProsThe happiness of the children who want to be helped, when you have improved their understanding of the subject (Math or English). The gratitude of their parents, and knowing that you have helped. Some of the Center managers who are dedicated to teaching and helping their students.

ConsThe c.e.o. and owner casts a dark shadow on everyone and everything at A+. She has no clue about how to manage people (except to manipulate them), and her micro-management style creates a very negative and adversarial work environment which radiates out from her throne in Malibu. She is more concerned with making money than with helping her students. If you value your sanity, you keep your head down and have as little to do with her as possible. Also, the managers who are more concerned with currying her favor rather than running their center, and the admins who don't have a clue.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe owner should quit as c.e.o. and return to being a tutor, which is what she does best.

Worked for A + Educational Centers? Contribute to the Community!