A Place for Mom

A Place for Mom Reviews in Washington, DC

2.9

A Place for Mom CEO Sean Kell
Sean Kell

Pros
  • Work from home, set your own hours, Sean and Sunil were great leaders (in 21 reviews)

• Fast growing organization that is changing the landscape of Senior Living by helping families simplify their search of senior living (in 22 reviews)

Cons
  • They had their call center train an offsite (in 5 reviews)

• The company is still figuring out how they should position themselves to professionals (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

1 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

I love it and it one of the most rewarding jobs I have ever had.

Current Employee - Elder Care Advisor in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Elder Care Advisor in Washington, DC

I have been working at A Place for Mom

Pros

You can make your schedule flexible, but you need to work over 40 hours to make this job work for you. Expect to put in 60-70 hours your first year. The families love your help; it is very reqarding.

Cons

I don't think a lot of new advisors coming on board quite get the resources that are available to families so developing trust is key. You have to be the expert. Many people are hired from a sales background with little to no senior background work so they tend to be money and numbers driven which is not what this field is about. The sales process is extremely slow which is to be expected in this kind of sales.

Manage is great! They listen to what we say and try to take what we say and implement it. I think they do a great job.