A-T Solutions

Updated December 5, 2014
Updated December 5, 2014
3.5

Dennis Kelly

Boise office is a close knit family

Current Employee - Software QA in Boise, ID
    Current Employee - Software QA in Boise, ID

I have been working at A-T Solutions as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

A family environment of people who work together and support one another.

Cons

The eastern offices can make some things difficult at times. Especially for tech support

Shady Operations at corporate level

Former Employee - Operations Integrator
    Former Employee - Operations Integrator

I worked at A-T Solutions full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The pay was good, and the people were fun to work with.

Cons

The corporate management had little ethical foundation. Many sleazy things happened at the corporate level. One of which was they paid my unemployment insurance to the wrong state and now that I am unemployed (due to another shady operation at the corporate level) I am receiving $100/week less than I should be for unemployment. The company has zero loyalty to its employees.

New management, poor leadership.

Former Employee - EOD SME in Fredericksburg, VA
    Former Employee - EOD SME in Fredericksburg, VA

I worked at A-T Solutions full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The best part of this company was working closely with other military and EOD operators. Working with the same professionals from the military we left was a big bonus. This made a military to civilian transition easy. A-T Solutions does have some of the best EOD professionals in the world. They have diversified their instructor portfolio with more technical experts outside the field of EOD and it has made a great difference.

Cons

The best part of this company is also the biggest problem in the company. A-T Solutions employs so many former military professionals that some forget they are not in the military anymore. There are so many lost opportunities at the company for advancing their former enlisted personnel into leadership roles that these same people are leaving the company for better opportunities. Former enlisted personnel with advanced degrees, continued education, and more experience are leaving because there is a glass ceiling that is controlled by former military Commissioned Officers. Many of the young former officers may have only seen 8 years in uniform and they are controlling the direction of a company that has a core of former enlisted personnel with much more experience. It is unfortunate.

Stop with the program manager courses and cliques of former officers and ring knockers. Few other companies or government entities care about a PMP or similar certification. You are distancing yourselves from your core of instructors and professionals that want to advance and one day lead the company. The bulk of the work of the company is on the road and overseas. Go visit your people and ask them what they want and recommend for customer support and customer service. Also ask them what is trending in their world. You may not want to chase unobtainable contracts when you have limited experience in the associated field. Lastly, treat your people better. Stop making shortcuts in health insurance, time off, morale boosters (Christmas parties), and the like. This make the grass much greener on the other side.

What started as a Mission-Focused company you would be proud to support, is now a politics-driven Corporate nightmare.

I worked at A-T Solutions full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Presently- there aren't any pros.

Cons

Executive Level management became increasingly disloyal, secretive, and at times downright unethical. A-TS was founded by some of the most honorable, mission-focused patriots you could ever hope to work with, and was built into an industry respected organization through the dedication of a truly great group of employees. Sadly, once the C-level executives were replaced with more cliche "corporate types," these good hardworking people were systematically targeted, demoted, demoralized, or outright fired- almost in an attempt to rid the company of its roots. Benefits were systematically cut for the 'normal' employee, while upper level executives took huge bonuses. After seeing what was once a great company treat so many good people badly, and turn into what it is today- it's just another sad story of what happens when you sacrifice principles in pursuit of growth.

Invest in GOOD people, and root out the bad. The quality of your people is what drives growth.

This is a company that will have trouble sustaining its past growth because of the narrowness of its focus.

Former Employee - Assistant Vice President in Fredericksburg, VA
    Former Employee - Assistant Vice President in Fredericksburg, VA

I worked at A-T Solutions full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Company has focused on treating employees well in the recent strong growth environment.

Cons

The company's revenue declined in 2013 and it will have trouble getting back to the earlier trend.

Find new market niches in the private (vice government contract) sector.

Culture was killed by management

I worked at A-T Solutions

Pros

Great workforce. Very customer oriented and hard working (workforce mainly).

Cons

Culture killed and that was the one thing that connected the company to the customers.

If you focus on the customers and not the dollars, the dollars will follow.

Good Company to work for.

I have been working at A-T Solutions

Pros

Friendly work environment. The company is focused on accomplishing the mission while maintaining high standards. I was quickly accepted as a member of the team, and assimilated into the work environment.

Cons

No major cons. Every workplace has its pitfalls.

A-T Solutions is a great organization to work for!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vienna, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vienna, VA

I have been working at A-T Solutions (less than an year)

Pros

A-T Solutions is a great place to work. People are friendly, courteous, and willing to help you. Everyone is a team player at A-TS, including senior management. They are very open and honest in their communication with employees.

Cons

Only con of working at A-TS is that some departments are understaffed due to the organization's quick growth over the past few years.

AA

Former Employee - Afghanistan Analyst in Arlington, VA
    Former Employee - Afghanistan Analyst in Arlington, VA

I worked at A-T Solutions full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The company has high ethical standards for whatever assigned tasks. I was given a task as an Afghanistan analyst, focused on improvised explosive devices (IED), which I was allowed to develop my in depth understanding of IED. When the contract with the Department of Defense was changed, I lost my job with 30 days notice, and the company gave me another 30 days of pay. Moreover, the HR offices tried for 90 days to help me find another job.

Cons

Most of the contracts that A-T Solutions are stationary regions, in Afghanistan in particular. My working history has been abroad, frequently in high risk environments. My spouse has reached her ability to have me abroad.

Continue the standards expected of employees.

Not the worst company in Fredericksburg to work for

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fredericksburg, VA

I worked at A-T Solutions full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Decent benefits. Good location. Nice office space

Cons

Too focused on building the company to sell.