A Wireless

Updated February 9, 2015
Updated February 9, 2015
2.9

Rich Balot

Pros
  • You have a Flexible schedule and a laid back environment and the hours aren't that bad (in 5 reviews)

• They really put effort in to making the work environment not only fun, but challenging (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Hires all of his frat brothers for upper management (in 13 reviews)

• The commission structure is okay, but if you don't sell "the right stuff" then there's no money to be made (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

Great People! Great Culture! Great Company!

Current Employee - Store Leader in Jonesboro, AR
    Current Employee - Store Leader in Jonesboro, AR

I have been working at A Wireless full-time (less than a year)

Pros

This company actually cares about its people. I really don't think there is a more powerful statement to be said about a company! They don't settle for anything less than the best! They will drive you to growth that you didn't even realize you could achieve! Those who take that as a negative and say they put too much pressure on metrics, they aren't true leaders and do not realize real quality leadership when they have it. I can only hope to grow and succeed even further in my career here at A Wireless!

Cons

i have been with the company with a few months and have asked everyone with which I have had contact with what they dislike. I can attest to this I haven't gotten a response on what anyone dislikes. That in itself speaks volumes!

Keep going with this culture and let nothing compromise what you have going. You have a winning formula and that's not common with large indirect retailers. I've seen a lot of churn and burn in my career! So happy to see tenured employees and people that can truly make a successful career for themselves! Bravo!

Overall good company. Good benefits and 401k. Some Leaders use fear tactics. Some inefficiencies in store operations.

I have been working at A Wireless full-time (more than a year)

Pros

-Good benefits and 401k.
    -When you have good management in place, you thrive.

Cons

-Fear tactics used to get results which usually drives the opposite effect which hurts numbers.
    -Hours do not allow for life outside of work.
    -Threats kill morale in store.
    -Non competitive pricing. Customers will pay more by shopping with A Wireless.
    -Lack of security clearance for returning/exchanging devices and accessories will often keep the customers waiting for 30 minutes to 1 hour to process their transaction.
    -Verizon Customer Care/Telesales will undermine you at every opportunity to try and steal your customers. Will tell customer that we are "not a real Verizon" and to "return the equipment immediately" and "order from him/her".

I am grateful for the opportunity to work for A Wireless as an Sales Consultant. I have met some great people, including the CEO and his executive management team. I have never had issues hitting goals with A Wireless. However I have witnessed fear tactics by my District Leader towards members of my team and SCs in other locations. I see the effect first hand when an SC is threatened by a DL. Morale hits rock bottom and it starts to effect sales in a negative way. Once an SC is convinced he/she is expendable, it does not make them sell harder. You cannot expect SCs to have your back when they don't feel appreciated.

A lack of security clearance has customers waiting 30 minutes to 1 hour to make a return/exchange when the Store Leader is out of the store. This causes a negative view of the company and customers waiting in line are subject to the rants and complaints of the customer that is waiting to get their return/exchange. A solution could be to give clearance to an SC (per store) that is picked by the SL and DL to have credentials to process returns when the SL is off. The previous solution given was to contact the DL directly but that is a gamble because they do not always answer calls and texts.

Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it. At one time the company was focused so much on accessories that SCs began to sacrifice device sales to keep their APB (Accessories Per Box) numbers high. This was corrected when upper management changed their view and changed the pay structure. Now the company is focusing highly on Pay Up Front device insurance. When SCs fall short of their quota, they are threatened with termination. Now SCs are beginning to sacrifice device sales again (unless the customer buys PUF insurance) in order to keep their jobs.

This company has helped me develop personal skills and communicate better with people.

I have been working at A Wireless

Pros

Great staff, they were very welcoming with bringing me in

Cons

Management sucks, I had to learn how to do everything on my own

This company acquired us 1 year ago, Jan. 2014. Sailed the Caribbean, on THEM/ 6 days, all paid for, for 2. Great!

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Jackson, TN
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Jackson, TN

I have been working at A Wireless full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Many benefits, bonuses, perks, IF you work hard! You need to make the most of your time while there! Drum up business outside to help the flow of customers via ratio of workers! Great training!

Cons

Don't want you to work from home or overtime! This job requires both! Outside work brings customers in! Referrals bring customers in! When a customer needs a phone, a customer needs a phone! Sometimes it requires a little extra effort to make quota and happy customer!

Store leaders need to help reps with reminders at P.O.S. Also, when a rep has more than they can handle, but need good customer service, help the rep get the work done ...resulting in less customer waiting! Some reps have a great customer base & expect year over year to be better due to repeat customers' upgrades/add-a-lines. They should expect growth not only for the company (because IF everyone who's working, stays long enough to build up a customer base), but for the rep as well!

Great Company!

Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Charlotte, NC

I worked at A Wireless

Pros

They are super proud of their device insurance plan for customers and expect everyone to walk out the door covered.

Cons

If you don't sell accessories with hand held equipment you will not make much money.

Great work atmosphere and aggressive approach to committing excellancy.

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Franklin, PA
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Franklin, PA

I have been working at A Wireless full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Large company plenty of room for growth. Representing the greatest wireless company in America.

Cons

Only pros when dealing with a wireless.

Open enrollment for sales training opportunities. Have a sales trainer for each region.

Store Leader

Current Employee - Store Leader
    Current Employee - Store Leader

I have been working at A Wireless full-time (more than a year)

Pros

If you do your research you will find that the pay at A wireless is very fair when compared to Corporate/Premium retailers.

The health benefits that I provide for my family by working for A Wireless are top notch. It gives me peace of mind knowing that they are taken care of.

I'm confident the leaders above me are right for the job. The expectations they set are clear & they provide the tools and advice to help you achieve them. If it were a popularity contest they probably wouldn't win..but our store broke it's box record multiple times in a row, our district did the same. I don't think having leaders who wanted to be everyone's friend would have helped accomplish very much.

Cons

Being in a lower traffic store I have seen my Sales Consultants get discouraged when they see the SCs from larger stores winning more spiffs, getting more boxes. This has improved with the way their goals align with their store goals. Regardless...the SCs that do the most to drive business are rewarded and make the most money.

The hours are long. That was made clear when I was hired. Currently the extra hours required to put in are worth the reward.

None right now.

I see the review on our CEO pulling up in a Bentley...sad to hear it isn't true. That would be pretty cool. Don't know why driving a Bently would be a negative thing.

Extremely poor management. Make you fear losing your job

Current Employee - Sales Consultant
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant

I have been working at A Wireless full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great coworkers. Lots of down time to chat and enjoy each others company. Decent pay

Cons

Management is horrid. Constantly berating the sales consultants to be better and strive for success which is great! Only when there is positive included in that. The managers harass you on a consistent basis and they give no appreciation. They only see the bad, never the good. The good is expected. Store leaders are not leaders. They are managers. They have no characteristics of leaders whatsoever. They don't lead by example, they have no clear vision, and they don't attract followers. The only thing they attract is hatred. Upper management needs to stop shoving their words down the store leaders' throats because they come down even harder on the sales consultants. It makes everyone feel like crap and it is not productive.

Upper management needs to show that they actually care. I feel afraid to complain about my manager in fear that I will get fired or transferred. Stop using fear as a tactic to produce. Set a clear vision and preach it like it's the bible. People follow visions, they don't follow fear.

Not What You Think

Current Employee - Wireless Sales Consultant
    Current Employee - Wireless Sales Consultant

I have been working at A Wireless full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Hour Breaks, Ability to pick store close to home

Cons

Leadership, poor training, no ability for personal growth

Stop using the excuse that it is a retail business. There's a difference between professional sales, and retail sales. Learn them.

If you have the resume for it, shoot higher

I have been working at A Wireless

Pros

As long as you don't mind working in this industry, it's pretty standard. Pay's decent.

Cons

Very poor training program, commission structure is constantly fluctuating, and as far as advancement is concerned, this juice is not worth the squeeze.

Develop a better training program.

A Wireless Photos