A Wireless Reviews

Updated October 17, 2014
Updated October 17, 2014
2.9

Rich Balot

Pros
  • You have a Flexible schedule and a laid back environment and the hours aren't that bad (in 5 reviews)

• They really put effort in to making the work environment not only fun, but challenging (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Hires all of his frat brothers for upper management (in 13 reviews)

• Second, the commission structure is retardedly setup (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

Store Leader

Current Employee - Store Leader
    Current Employee - Store Leader

I have been working at A Wireless full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The pay structure is great! This company has they lowest cost for benefits of any position I've held. Hours are great and I have plenty of time for family and events outside of work. Also love the fact we have a ton of different devices in stock all of the time

Cons

Stores are short staffed. Locations lacking verity in accessories (cases). Could use better communication for what is specifically expected of us as leaders... Example: what exact steps do we need to take in getting supplies not on our allowed list

Nothing really. Great company to work for! I love my job!

District Leader

I have been working at A Wireless

Pros

Before all of the compensation changes you could really put in the hours and get paid a great commission for your results.

Cons

We've had 7 compensation changes in 13 pay periods. There are 2 pay periods each month. That's ridiculous. Upper leadership do not care about the store level employees. The National Sales director does not know how to professionally write an email, communicate at the ground level or interact with anyone not directly underneath him. Lots of positions are filled through the "good old boy" network and advancement in pay through raises is almost unheard of.

Find a compensation plan and stick with it. You are making hard to recruit and replace the good talent you're running off. If you have no experience, this is a great opportunity for you learn. If you do, avoid coming in at the sales or store leader positions.

Dishonest hiring practices.

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Durham, NC
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Durham, NC

I have been working at A Wireless full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Store leadership is very good. They really care about you selling, because their money is made off of what you sell. They push you, but are usually kind and encouraging.

Cons

Top performers are making around $22,000 per year. Good performers are making about $15,000 per year. The commission structures are intentionally set to keep you from making good money. The company is expanding quickly and they don't have the budget to pay their employees. If you need more than $15,000 per year, please don't apply here. If you are good working full time for about $15,000 per year, then this really isn't a bad job. When hiring, they will promise unlimited earning potential. Just like any commissioned job, this is technically true. But you'd have to work hundred hour weeks to make decent money.

Dreadful

Current Employee - Sales Consultant
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant

I have been working at A Wireless full-time (less than an year)

Pros

So far I have not found many pros to this job. The pay is okay for me being in college.

Cons

I don't think I have a vast enough vocabulary to explain my frustration with this company. I'll start by saying I'm currently attending college and when I started this job I was told they would work WITH my school schedule. I had to work a minimum of 32 hours a week which was fine with me because I'm always moving. After two weeks we received new management and everything went down hill. I've been working 50+ hours a week while attending college full time. My grades have been slipping and I barely have time to breathe. They tell me everything will get better, but nothing gets done. I'm threatened I will lose my job every day and they bother at school with nonsense concerning my job. The commission structure is okay, but if you don't sell "the right stuff" then there's no money to be made. I will NOT screw over my customers to make this company happy. It took me a couple of months but I realize that I don't belong here. These people only want money. The customer comes last, and that is no way to run a sales business. You know your job is bad when you dread going to work over fear of getting in trouble over something insignificant. Overall, if you have morals look for employment somewhere else.

Stop acting like you know something when everyone else knows your lying. I have no respect for you and I know others feel the same way. Worry about your employees THEN your numbers.

Sales Rep

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Hermitage, TN
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Hermitage, TN

I have been working at A Wireless full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The environment is laid back generally. I have the potential to make good money even without a degree. You will meet all kinds of people face to face, and even make some good friends from customers.

Cons

If you are short of quota things can become stressful. You maybe required to make phone calls to customers depending on how business traffic is that month. Commission structure has changed 3 times since A-wireless bought out my old company. and it got worse each time for the employers. Good First sales job

Give your Reps Money for what they sale not if they sale a bundle. and ask your reps how they feel a commission structure should be set up, they may have some good ideas.

It started out okay but went quickly downhill.

Former Employee - Store Leader
    Former Employee - Store Leader

I worked at A Wireless full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There were no pros to working with this company.

Cons

Turnover rate of employees was astronomical. The fear of losing your job was constantly there.

When I was there, the CEO didn't care about you one bit. All positives were quickly negated. It was his way or the highway.

Too demanding

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Sterling, VA
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Sterling, VA

I have been working at A Wireless full-time (more than an year)

Pros

If goal is reached for all categories it is a very nice payout.

Cons

Commission is constantly changed. There are multiple tiers for store box numbers that are not reasonable at all. Do not value the truly great employees. Ive been employed for little over a year now, have hit personal goal every month and cant even get these guys to give me a penny more. Thats frustrating.
    More than once ive sold phones and have actually lost commission because there werent enough accessories. In my opinion thats ridiculous.

Reward your good reps at the lower tier stores with a raise. We talk to 15 people a day (on a good day) as opposed to 25+ like some of the big stores. How can you really expect someone to sell the same amount of profit for accessories as some of these other people at the big stores? Makes absolutely no sense.Have tiers for APB along with boxes for stores it would be a great way to show youre listening to our requests.

Great company to work for!

Current Employee - Store Leader in Ville Platte, LA
    Current Employee - Store Leader in Ville Platte, LA

I have been working at A Wireless full-time (more than an year)

Pros

If you are truly passionate about the wireless industry and you are willing to put in the time and effort that it takes to being successful at wireless sales you will be greatly rewarded for your efforts! Very structured environment with a seasoned Sales Director that knows how to grow a business! The leadership in this company is developed at a much higher level than most companies which creates a much better culture for employees.

Cons

Just like any other sales job if your not willing to put in the time and effort or take responsibility for your own failures you will not succeed.

Continue to focus on promoting from within....we have a very specific culture here at A Wireless and outsiders do not always understand it. Create a development program for those employees looking to move up so they are better prepared for upcoming leadership positions when the opportunity presents itself. This will help increase the number of internal promotions over external.

Current District Leader

Current Employee - District Leader
    Current Employee - District Leader

I have been working at A Wireless full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great money. Headquarters employees are PHENOMENONAL! Incentives and benefits are excellent and super cheap.

Cons

Upper management blows smoke when they don't know the answer to something. I honestly think the RL position is a waste of money. I have seen mine in my all my locations 4 times in 1 year. I think if we hire the right people for the DL positions we could pay them a little better and completely remove the RL side of it. These are people who get paid to do nothing. Literally. Would save lots of money a year by removing it completely.

If you truly love your job. Stick around and be a positive driving force in this company. Don't make up rules because you are too lazy to call someone for the RIGHT answer. That is not honesty and intergrity. Just because you can quote the creed doesn't make you a good boss.

Sales consultant

I have been working at A Wireless

Pros

You have a Flexible schedule and a laid back environment and the hours aren't that bad. That's really it though.

Cons

Horrible pay. Every since April the commission has changed every 2 months . Lower pay percentages and higher targets which most are unreachable in the time given to achieve them. Management is only worried about numbers. Screw a customer over just to get the box out .and every time u ask or complain about the horrible commission upper management says " you can make a ton of money if you sell " the right stuff""

Stop screwing over your employees

A Wireless Photos