A World of Tile

Updated October 31, 2014
Updated October 31, 2014
3.7

CEO

I have had a great time working for this company and would recommend it to anyone.

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at A World of Tile full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The return you get for the effort required is outstanding. The store managers WILL NOT allow you to fail and are constantly working to make you a successful part of this company.

Cons

The only challenges I have faced here were the hours and getting comfortable interacting with a ton of people on a daily basis. The hours seem daunting at first but that concern fades quickly as you genuinely enjoy working with your manager and other sales people. Being comfortable with customers comes quicker to some but I have noticed that everybody grows more and more comfortable as their product knowledge increases.

My only advice to management would be to place a greater emphasis on clearing up some of the staffing issues and to perhaps get the district managers to be a bit more involved with said issues. Filling in at a store for a day when we are short staffed would go a long way in showing solid leadership.

Don't waste your time or talent here

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at A World of Tile full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Can't think of a single one

Cons

Senior management is completely inept, immature, and incapable. Most of the managers I interacted with were as unprofessional and incapable of leading as anyone I've met in my career. The upper level manager behaved more like a junior high school punk, and seemed to think that making derogatory remarks about employees was a good management/leadership technique. He was a child. I left this company after a few frustrating months, and within the next 18 months they were sued TWICE by fomer employees for their employment practices ... and the company lost both cases. They have decent products, but if you're in need of such products you can buy them at many other stores.

Grow up - get a clue - learn about true leadership and management. This ain't a child's game - it's business!

Hard Work, but Great people and Great pay!

Current Employee - Store Manager in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at A World of Tile full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I love working for a company that's large enough to have plenty of growth opportunity, but small enough that my opinion truly matters. The pay has been fantastic and while I work a lot of hours, the people within the company are great to be around.

Cons

The hours are long, but the pay is totally worth it. It's not a job for everyone as it requires you to be very smart and make decisions on the fly. If you're resourceful and don't mind working hard, you'll make a ton of money.

The current paid time off they allow is slightly under the industry norm and I feel it could be improved.

Fun challenging place where you can make an impact for yourself, your customer and for improving a growing company.

Current Employee - Store Manager in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at A World of Tile full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You get to control how much you make by the experience that you create for you customers. I am completely aligned with company standards of creating a great experience for our customers that will leave with a beautiful and long lasting home project. The company does a great job on providing a quality products with tremendous variety to exceed customer expectations. A solid foundation of training that allows you to continually learn.

Cons

You have really know that you will be working weekends and on your feet all day.

Lot of work, small rewards.

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Denver, CO

I have been working at A World of Tile full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good atmosphere and relationship with other coworkers.

Cons

Working 10+ hours, standing, 5 days a week including weekends, never constant schedule.

Listen to advices of your employees, they are in constant contact with customers, and reward your employees more, they will stick with the company longer.

Extremely high turnover & very low commissions!

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at A World of Tile

Pros

If you are planning to remodel your home, the discount you receive with the installers and material is worth it.

Cons

After training, work hours are well over 10+ hours.
    They over promise and under deliver; time versus pay is extremely low.
    It is very hard to manage a work-life balance when you never get two days off consecutively!

Spend more time listening to your employees and not yourselves.
    Share some of the wealth and you will have a greater chance of keeping employees.