A&E Networks Reviews

Updated August 13, 2014
Updated August 13, 2014

3.1

Nancy Dubuc

Pros
  • Work life balance is good but it depends on what department you work in (in 12 reviews)

• Great benefits package and perks (of course, even better perks when we're not in the middle of a recession) (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Senior Management was nasty and their nastiness was rewarded (in 7 reviews)

• It's all upper management and coordinators, and the rift is apparent (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

Great place to work, with amazing and hardworking people.

Former Employee - Digital Distribution Business Development  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Digital Distribution Business Development in New York, NY

I worked at A&E Networks as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Great corporate culture; everybody works hard but also really looks out for one another. The company also really values promoting from within. Case in point: chairman Abbe Raven started off at the company as a production assistant.

Cons

Not much to complain about really. I was just an intern at the time, but I did notice that people worked hard and quite a few would always stay late. So perhaps one thing to improve upon is work-life balance? Up the head count when necessary.

Just minor details to improve upon. For example, cater to employees with a cafeteria in-house?

Politics + Flat Out Lies = Chaos At Work

I have been working at A&E Networks full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Learn new technologies, in the right department growth is available, most people below Manager are friendly and willing to help.

Cons

Too much focus on politics, lying, throwing people under the bus to cover mistakes instead of getting the job done. Strong push for new technology, but very difficult to get funding for resources when needed. HR is helpful to listen, but not much comes out of it. Little regard to life outside of the office. Overtime is very hard to get, but those who are staff are expected to work the extra hours because it's "free".

If you're looking to expand, prepare to spend money on resources necessary. Put an end to internal fighting/bickering/political game immediately and get back to the tasks at hand whether thats, new equipment, additional hires or overtime when needed. Have a better sense of hours your employees (staff specifically) are working to avoid burn-out and turnover. Several people who have left for other equal level or higher level companies have stated it's night and day, and have little to no interest to ever return.

High Work Pressure

I have been working at A&E Networks

Pros

Trying to bring new technologies

Cons

Not ready to increase the resource strength

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

This Place Is A Joke..

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at A&E Networks as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

9-5 hours, Summer Fridays, If you ever become full time (DO NOT BELIEVE HR), then your benefits are paid for. Hence, why half the company is hired as a "freelancer," aka a bs term that has you being paid through a third party.

Cons

This place is a joke. If you have no ambition in life, hate challenges, and want to be slob sitting on a chair for 8 hours a day, then this place is for you. Management treats interns better than their employees and since the interns see this, many try not to stay after their 4-year program. They have a kids day, but no nursery....Brilliant idea. Bring your kids in and disrupt the entire office. I love listening to duck noises for 3 hours straight. Work flow is almost non-existent. Anytime I ask for a task they assume something as simple as two emails should take an entire day and not just 15 mins like most tasks take. If any ambitious employers are reading this, please take me away so I don't cry every time I look at my college diploma.

Management, stop treating your interns better than your actual employees! It is disgraceful and yes we all talk about it! Your young professionals like to learn. Don't just check off your boxes and bounce out the door. Also, HR BLOWSSSSSS. They are the biggest liars in the game.

Ok

Current Employee - Manager  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at A&E Networks full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great culture. Smart people across company.

Cons

Pay is not competitive. Movement not easy.

Growing network

Former Employee - Broadcast Operations  in  Stamford, CT
    Former Employee - Broadcast Operations in Stamford, CT

I worked at A&E Networks full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great experience in a professional, high paced environment.

Cons

Lack of opportunities to grow.

Take more interest in cultivating your employees and help them advance in a timely manner.

A good training experience

Current Employee - Traffic Coordinator
    Current Employee - Traffic Coordinator

I have been working at A&E Networks full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Decent salary, little to none overtime, decent training experience.

Cons

Too much politics. People talk behind your back. Everything is a favoritism kind of deal.

promote who deserves to be promoted, not who you just get along with.

Great opportunity to learn and to work with talented inividuals.

I have been working at A&E Networks full-time

Pros

Great work Life balance
    many company holidays and summer days off
    the Channels and programming are very good

Cons

Im very happy where I am and dont find my cons.

I love the company and the benefits, please keep doing what you're doing!

Great place to work

Former Employee - Vice President  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Vice President in New York, NY

I worked at A&E Networks full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

They respect work/life balance.
    Smart talented people you can learn from.

Cons

Sometimes there are too many people involved in decision making on certain projects.

Remember to think outside the box in making promotions. If someone is actively and successfully performing at a higher level, they should receive serious promotion consideration even if they lack the standard academic credentials associated with the position. A degree only evidences potential for advancement. Actual performance evidences that advancement consideration has been earned.

Ok Place to Work, Better Growth Elsewhere

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at A&E Networks full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Benefits were great
    - Depending on your department, you can be really immersed in the entertainment industry, with access to a lot of information, materials, people and events.
    - Work-life balance good
    - The people that end up working there are great

Cons

- Working with HR for any reason, big or small (why so much resistance- aren't you there to help?)
    - Few growth opportunities - old guard is firmly in place and they get the growth opportunities
    - For all of the great people working there, the vibe was off, the environment didn't feel fun or open
    - Pay is significantly below industry standard. When interviewing elsewhere, making a lateral move, the pay for the same position was more than double- *at three different, very well-known companies*

Management needed an infusion of new energy- not necessarily that they need to get rid of anyone but somehow get people excited.

Worked for A&E Networks? Contribute to the Community!