A&E Networks Reviews

88 reviews filtered by

1. Great Internship Program

Former Employee - Intern in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Intern in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at A&E Networks full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The internship program at A+E is absolutely incredible. If you are looking for a fantastic opportunity to learn in a great office environment, I would highly recommend applying to intern at A+E networks. Their lunch and learn program provides an incredible opportunity to learn from different departments within A+E.

Cons

There are no cons that I can think of.

Advice to Management

More lunch and learns!

2. Great company culture, with great diversity.

Former Intern - Distribution Intern in New York, NY
    Former Intern - Distribution Intern in New York, NY

I worked at A&E Networks as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

There is a great, fun culture overall and within most departments. The female senior leadership provides balance. The internship program has a lot of benefits. You have the opportunity to learn about all of the departments and interact with senior management from those departments. Given all of the benefits of the internship program, the compensation is good.

Cons

There weren't many cons.

3. Intern Liked It

I have been working at A&E Networks

Pros

It was a good experience

Cons

No real tasks for me within my department

Major culture shift changed a 5-star company to 1-star

Former Employee - IT Manager Level in New York, NY
    Former Employee - IT Manager Level in New York, NY

I worked at A&E Networks full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Competitive salary, good health plan, extra time off in summer, close to Grand Central

Cons

IT department became very political with growth. New IT head secretly told favorites that his restructuring will be *bloody* and seems to thrive in a confrontational environment. Once, a challenging and rewarding team environment, now, after some of the best people were laid off in 2012, many others have left on their own. Have heard of worse situations in other depts that include age discrimination. Multiple people in senior positions have lost their title and office once they hit late 50s/early 60s.

Advice to Management

Spend some time looking at the supporting depts and find a way to ge truthful feedback

Growing Company that still feels small

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at A&E Networks full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Culture, Work life balance, open door policies with management. Very creative company that is growing and makes employees feel like they are part of the growth.

Cons

just like any big company there are always pros and cons. Its hard to make everyone happy. More inclusive things for the company as a whole so everyone feels included in the excitement

Unprofessional

I have been working at A&E Networks

Pros

The work hours were great
    The kitchen is always clean and fully stocked
    Vending machines
    Office layout
    Clean bathrooms
    Friendly coworkers

Cons

Management is unprofessional
    No structure throughout the company
    Lack of communication
    Not a good employer if you are looking for a career
    Most of the staff are freelancers

Advice to Management

Treat your employees right

8. Great place to work, with amazing and hardworking people.

Former Intern - Digital Distribution Business Development in New York, NY
    Former Intern - Digital Distribution Business Development in New York, NY

I worked at A&E Networks as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Great corporate culture; everybody works hard but also really looks out for one another. The company also really values promoting from within. Case in point: chairman Abbe Raven started off at the company as a production assistant.

Cons

Not much to complain about really. I was just an intern at the time, but I did notice that people worked hard and quite a few would always stay late. So perhaps one thing to improve upon is work-life balance? Up the head count when necessary.

Advice to Management

Just minor details to improve upon. For example, cater to employees with a cafeteria in-house?

Politics + Flat Out Lies = Chaos At Work

I have been working at A&E Networks full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Learn new technologies, in the right department growth is available, most people below Manager are friendly and willing to help.

Cons

Too much focus on politics, lying, throwing people under the bus to cover mistakes instead of getting the job done. Strong push for new technology, but very difficult to get funding for resources when needed. HR is helpful to listen, but not much comes out of it. Little regard to life outside of the office. Overtime is very hard to get, but those who are staff are expected to work the extra hours because it's "free".

Advice to Management

If you're looking to expand, prepare to spend money on resources necessary. Put an end to internal fighting/bickering/political game immediately and get back to the tasks at hand whether thats, new equipment, additional hires or overtime when needed. Have a better sense of hours your employees (staff specifically) are working to avoid burn-out and turnover. Several people who have left for other equal level or higher level companies have stated it's night and day, and have little to no interest to ever return.

High Work Pressure

I have been working at A&E Networks

Pros

Trying to bring new technologies

Cons

Not ready to increase the resource strength

This Place Is A Joke..

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in New York, NY
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in New York, NY

I have been working at A&E Networks as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

9-5 hours, Summer Fridays, If you ever become full time (DO NOT BELIEVE HR), then your benefits are paid for. Hence, why half the company is hired as a "freelancer," aka a bs term that has you being paid through a third party.

Cons

This place is a joke. If you have no ambition in life, hate challenges, and want to be slob sitting on a chair for 8 hours a day, then this place is for you. Management treats interns better than their employees and since the interns see this, many try not to stay after their 4-year program. They have a kids day, but no nursery....Brilliant idea. Bring your kids in and disrupt the entire office. I love listening to duck noises for 3 hours straight. Work flow is almost non-existent. Anytime I ask for a task they assume something as simple as two emails should take an entire day and not just 15 mins like most tasks take. If any ambitious employers are reading this, please take me away so I don't cry every time I look at my college diploma.

Advice to Management

Management, stop treating your interns better than your actual employees! It is disgraceful and yes we all talk about it! Your young professionals like to learn. Don't just check off your boxes and bounce out the door. Also, HR BLOWSSSSSS. They are the biggest liars in the game.

A&E Networks Photos