A1 Management

Updated August 29, 2014
Updated August 29, 2014
4.2

Andres Granados

Surprise! Not normal, but worth it.

Former Employee - Marketing in Doral, FL
    Former Employee - Marketing in Doral, FL

I worked at A1 Management full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great people
    Skill development
    Innovative products
    Genuine leadership
    Career mobility

So. I worked with these guys for the summer and I loved them. They really taught me about work ethic, interpersonal skills, a business management. It's all about people and balance. I became better at managing myself and took a lot of pride in seeing others development as a result of some of my teaching. It was a great opportunity to learn new skills in marketing and sales and put them into practice.

Coming from the west coast I saw their products already over there and I thought it was a great chance to be part of a growing firm in Miami. Everything was straightforward and the new manager Andres works just as hard, if not harder, as the promotional staff. The training was very hands-on and they went about the sales and marketing aspect in a professional way. I also earned more than what I was making before, and advanced within 2 months as a supervisor.

Cons

A lot of the younger representatives were unreliable or irresponsible and I feel that management should have had a zero-tolerance policy for them. It was a shame, especially because management are good people.

More team events would have been great, too, despite having dinners now and then.

Keep going!

Exciting and challenging however, not what you would expect

Former Employee - Entry Level Sales/Management
    Former Employee - Entry Level Sales/Management

I worked at A1 Management full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The company seems well established. They have a system in place to get young and aspiring candidates to reach high places if they have the drive and ambition to do so. This is definitely a sales job with an hourly pay as well as incentives to not give up. They will teach you how to approach different people and situations (Direct marketing at its finest), get you out of your comfort zone, and for the most part have you experience what hard work is really about.

Cons

The company would be great if they were more straight forward. What I mean by this is that, during the interview process they attempt to 'sell' the job to you, by telling you, you can reach management position making over a 100k once you 'pass' the initial 'training'. They do tell you what you'll be actually doing but its very vague. Without going in to too much detail, I was completely thrown off on the first day when I realized you are thrown out on to the streets to sell a 'high end' cosmetic line to business' and people of Miami. Being a Catholic I did not like the idea of sometimes having to up-sell the product knowing it was cheaply made. "You sell yourself not the product" one of the employees stated to me.

As I figured out more of the company by asking the employees personal questions. I realized most of them have been in the 'training' stage for far too long. I was promised the training would be about a year and you would then get promoted to get closer to the manager position. Most employees have been there for far longer doing the same thing every day, selling cheap cosmetics to people while their manager gets richer. In the end, you basically become a manager by getting your own group of workers to do the same job you were doing a few months ago (That is if you make it that far).

Be more honest up front of how the business really works

A1 Management Response

Aug 27, 2014Owner

Thank you for your feedback. A1 Management Group services many Fortune 500 clients and focuses on offering coaching and training for marketing and sales management. We apologize that you felt you had ... More

Great opportunity, dynamic team

Current Employee - Marketing in Doral, FL
    Current Employee - Marketing in Doral, FL

I have been working at A1 Management full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Leadership- Definitely develop skills that are useful in any job, people's habits are really put to the test

Compensation- Competitive, I'm happy with my earnings and potential to earn more

Personal growth- Self-management improved, communication skills are better

It's refreshing to be part of a new office and lay the foundation for the business with the manager and his supervisors. The office is modern, clean and has a lot of talent.

Management will never under-utilize you. You either make an effort to make a difference or someone more dedicated will surpass you, which is a fair work environment.

Cons

None yet. Maybe hold workshops for the supervisors more often.

Management and the admins are courteous and professional. Definitely keep doing a great job.

Great potential, great people
    Miami-Doral

Current Employee - Entry Level Management- Marketing and Sales in Doral, FL
    Current Employee - Entry Level Management- Marketing and Sales in Doral, FL

I have been working at A1 Management full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The senior staff- Manager, HR and trainers are amazing people. The opportunity for growth is promising and earning potential is better than most offers out there. Marketing and sales is not an industry that is going to disappear, and it's lucrative.

Working here almost a year now, I've been selected for two weekend all-expense paid company trips already, and there is an annual retreat that I'm looking forward to at the end of the year. Hard work, commitment and ambition are actually recognized here and resources for advancement are readily available.

I helped the company open their new office in Doral-Miami. The town is thriving and also has a bright future. It's an ideal match for the company.

Cons

Learning to juggle more than one ball! This takes practice, determination and organization. While the management coaching is accessible, you have to take the initiative to better yourself, and that's when you're eligible for promotions, bonuses, etc. It's a business, so while enjoying what you do, you need to be serious about working your way up.

Nothing as yet.

Great place to grow

Current Employee - Account Executive in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at A1 Management full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I had a couple of jobs before this one and the environment was completely different. This workplace is considerably more dynamic and you're surrounded by a lot of ambitious, driven and career-minded people. It is a melting pot of different abilities, but each person contributes to the team and the training is available to get them to advance. You will learn a lot in a short amount of time. And, the office will be expanding into a new market in Miami-Dade, so that kind of change is exciting to be a part of.

Cons

There isn't much to complain about.

To create better and stronger team identities, hold more meetings on training and development- especially for newer supervisors. This will help maintain a better structure for follow-ups and accountability to seeing through on a new hire's progress.

Challenging and Rewarding

Current Employee - Account Executive in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at A1 Management full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I have access to a wealth of knowledge and training, great mentors, and opportunity for growth. These kinds of resources aren't common in all industries. The company and its campaign are expanding, and it's an exciting time to be involved. It doesn't compare to my last corporate jobs because the dynamic is just different, and I have a great business relationship with the staff.

Cons

The only downsides: the only thing stopping someone from being promoted is themselves, and it takes a while for talented people to realize that. I'm not sure if that is all-bad, it's being responsible for and to yourself.

Some junior staff need to work on their professionalism.

Like others have said before, the manager is a great guy and wants to see everyone do well at the end of the day. The staff who don't appreciate this need to find a job somewhere else.

A1 Management Response

Apr 17, 2014president

Thank you for your review. We will take your feedback to our training supervisors and HR to see how best we can improve our office image.

Love it!

I have been working at A1 Management full-time (less than an year)

Pros

It's a great introduction to a career in sales and marketing. The fundamentals are catered to people with or without formal education in marketing, sales, finance, business, etc.. Growth is definitely tangible and the support is there to advance. I like that hard work is rewarded and there is no limit really on where you can go or achieve in this business. For my generation, especially, there is no other opportunity out there like this. The world market has changed, but careers in sales and marketing still thrive because we're needed.

Cons

Hard work is not for everyone, and this definitely separates the men from the boys. Sales and marketing bear an unfair stigma. I think that it definitely makes it a more lucrative field because if it were easy, then everyone would do it and there would be no opportunity. That being said, for better or worse, people learn a lot about themselves. I think that the manager is great and does a lot of the heavy-lifting, but he really shouldn't have to.

Focus more on the newer guys who are doing well. Hold people who know what they should be doing more accountable to their goals and shortcomings in professionalism. Other than that, the management team is great- they really value and recognize loyalty and good work ethic.

Optimistic

Current Employee - Management Training Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Management Training Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at A1 Management full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Training and education in business, marketing and sales
    Opportunities to grow career-wise
    Leadership training and lessons for business and life
    Very family-oriented

Cons

We should get a separate office for better team identity.

I've worked side-by-side with the owner who genuinely cares a lot about his people and their professional development- which directly correlates to their personal development as business leaders. This is a no-bull position, and management should assert this at the beginning of someone's tenure at the company to avoid wasting time with candidates that aren't ready for a profession in this industry.

This is SALES

Current Employee - Management (Marketing & Advertising) in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Management (Marketing & Advertising) in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at A1 Management full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Lots of freedom to walk the Malls and network for better jobs.

Cons

They avoid telling you its a SALES job, which really gets you frustrated. There isn't even enough chair for a meetings.

Be honest with interviews about this being a SALES job. People really feel upset when they realized they have wasted gas and valuable time.

A1 Management Photos