A1 Solar Power

The future.

Current Employee - Finance in Van Nuys, CA
    Current Employee - Finance in Van Nuys, CA

I have been working at A1 Solar Power

Pros

I have been working here for three months. I come from a corporate heavy background at the age of 23. I worked at Honda Coporate financial services, and many would think Honda was an amazing job; however, it was , but I can truly say I enjoy waking up each day to help each customer than I did at Honda. I've had the great opportunity to learn a lot from my Director of Finance & my manager in the finance department here at A1. When I first started working at Honda & had to learn on my own by sitting in front of a computer for two weeks straight & 8 hours each day. It was not the easiest & most enjoyable job. My first week at A1 Solar I was able to learn so much that I was excited each day to come in. I was able to asks many questions, & was instructed so well to this point with such great patience & joy. I still come into work with a great student mentality & excitedly learning each day. I am able to call customers in Spanish/English to help them understand every bit of financing that they are being provided: therefore, they feel they are loved by each member no matter where they are located. David Malka can be described as a "tough" person; however, I truly understand his vision & passion for his company. I enjoy every challenge he has set upon me these last three months to make things happen. It excites me to say "bring it on;" therefore, I can take each challenge down to help the company grow. I enjoy going out to lunch with each one of my co-workers regardless of what department they are in. A1 solar power has a great vision & great growing opportunity. I can only imagine the future.

Cons

Some people dress to casual, & as a corporate office I strongly believe that we should lead by example by our presence & work ethic. Its obvious in some employees that they are there for their check; not to truly help the company.

I truly enjoy that our executives work just as hard as we do. I truly feel that everyone is equal in the company. I truly enjoy every challenge that my director, manager, and excutives ask from me. I'd ask to hire people with passion & heart to help their company. People that lead by example & motivate others to become greater, and also not be afraid to let go of employees that No longer show passion.

An Amazing learning experience !

Former Employee - Telemarketing Supervisor in Van Nuys, CA
    Former Employee - Telemarketing Supervisor in Van Nuys, CA

I worked at A1 Solar Power full-time (more than a year)

Pros

This is a company where you will have this opportunity for learning and growth and to meet amazing people

Cons

Not much to say here I really enjoyed the time that I worked for this company

Get health insurance for your employees

Life Changing

Current Employee - Senior Corporate Recruiter
    Current Employee - Senior Corporate Recruiter

I have been working at A1 Solar Power full-time (more than a year)

Pros

A1 Solar is a great place to work! The people who work here are wonderful: intelligent, ambitious, motivated, and perhaps most important - FUN! The management team welcomes constructive feedback on business processes from every level of the organization. Additionally, A1 Solar invests a lot in their training and development team, which helps with personal and professional growth. It is very exciting to be part of such a fast growing company!!

Cons

None so far that I can see or have experienced

Good people and as great place to work

I have been working at A1 Solar Power full-time (less than a year)

Pros

To be honest I have work for larger and smaller companies throughout the construction industry in all areas for years, I have never felt so at home in a place of work. It is like a second home, we consider & care for each other as family. if you have a question or a situation you can turn to anybody and receive help, not only from co workers or managers but upper management and owners. There is full balance for me between home, family and work. I'm just shy of a full year of working here and have learned and enjoyed every day.

Cons

benefits - Medical and 401k - wish we received them.

Lets keep on doing it.

Endless opportunity

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at A1 Solar Power full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The company is fast growing start up mode , in the solar industry .
    As employee there you can make a change , the ownership is open minded and willing to adapt .
    Hand on executive .

Cons

It's a startup so there isn't so much stability over there .

Keep on the direction you guys started , we can see you taking it in the right direction

work place with endless opportunity

Current Employee - Manager in Van Nuys, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in Van Nuys, CA

I have been working at A1 Solar Power full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

work place with endless opportunity, very nice place to work, the best managers and good salary.
    they always remember my birthday with cake and drinks

Cons

actually no downside only positive they keep me working well trained well and more professional
    i need to drive to work 25 minutes every day

Keep good work with smile

Ethical, Energetic, challenging work environment-- great people to work with

I have been working at A1 Solar Power full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Senior management team is very involved with daily operations, open door policy, focus on getting issues resolved, supportive can do attitude. Great team work culture, great employees. Causal work environment.

Cons

Needs more transparency to keep employees posted on big changes . Employee basic insurance benefit needs to be considered.

Promote good employees who really work hard and care! Promote positive work culture.

Fast growing company in Solar I
    In the process of opening 9th location
    still structuring and establishing process

Former Employee - Supervisor in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Supervisor in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at A1 Solar Power full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Opportunity to Grow, Opportunity to be promoted
    Green Industry, the future of the world helping customers save money
    Dynamic, Customers, Technology, Operations and MKT
    Young & Energetic Will become Nation Wide in the coming years

Cons

Hard work and a lot of demands
    Expectations for better and MORE all the time
    Detailed and Results oriented, Numbers are part of the culture

Uniformity
    Cross training
    Benefits
    "One on One"
    Stability

Growing in leaps and bounds...

I have been working at A1 Solar Power (more than a year)

Pros

Working here gives those who know what they are doing, the freedom to be specialists in their jobs. Upper management is not afraid to work--they're NOT the types to sit in their offices all day and just give orders. They will get out there and do the hands on work as well as make the executive decisions.

Cons

A1 Solar Power is a prime example of a company that started out very, very small and is growing large FAST. So fast, it may be hard for some in the company to keep up and accept inevitable change from 'family' to 'corporation'. This company has many departments where everyone wants to know everything, and as fast as the company is growing, that is not possible or probable anymore. This may leave some employees feeling slighted.

Upper management is extremely knowledgeable in Solar and conduct themselves with an open door policy to all. Sadly, many employees and mid/lower level managers do not know that. Everyone could learn much from each other. Adding newer, qualified professionals to help lead, plan and develop to run departments to take some weight off their backs will help too since the growth here is happening so fast. They've just started getting better on adding a few benefits, just do some more on a bigger scale just as fast as the growth, add in solid policies and procedures, more communications between upper management (they need to talk to each other!) that will have them work as a strong management team and stand together on one issue, will benefit how the employees see the company and continue to be a part of making it even greater.

The North Hollywood office has terrible managing. Nightmare.

I worked at A1 Solar Power full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Everyone is very friendly and you feel open to speak to management. As long as you aren't a telemarketer.

Cons

They have different branches. Basically for me, I was scheduling for multiple offices and they refused to hire more people to do such an OVERWHELMING job that was extremely underpaid. I was expected to answer my cell phone from 6am -11pm if a sale was made. They refused to give me a peer review for raise. Beware folks. They treat the telemarketers like dirt, although I wasn't a telemarketer. If you aren't Jewish or a hot girl, the chances are you will get treated like garbage.

Fix the Northhollywood office. The management there is extremely unprofessional and understaffed.

A1 Solar Power Photos