A10 Networks Reviews

Reset
3.4
A10 Networks Founder & CEO Lee Chen
Lee Chen

Pros
  • Great technology and an amazing R&D organization (in 2 reviews)

• dinner is provided, people work hard (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Sometime you need to work over time in the office (in 2 reviews)

• Poor management, lack of market analyses, engineers are not motivated and underpaid (in 2 reviews)

1. Awesome..

Current Employee - Senior Staff Software Engineer in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Staff Software Engineer in San Jose, CA

I have been working at A10 Networks full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- Bold and strategic vision of management.
    - A Platform company, with the best packet processing and scale in the industry. Gold standard in API's for manageability of devices.
    - Startup vigor.
    - Support org rocks.
    - Compensation is pretty good.
    - So much going on in terms of expanding the product lines.

Cons

- Marketing and communication of vision both external and internal.
    - Business alliances need to accelerate.
    - Brand awareness needs serious improvement.

Advice to Management

You have our support. Finally IP from different product lines coming together!

2. Ocean of Opportunity

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Jose, CA

I have been working at A10 Networks full-time

Pros

A10 networks is my first job in USA. I have been working for quite some time now at A10.
    It is an amazing organization to work with. I truly feel ownership of product. Some of the key points :

--Great opportunity to learn. Someone who is ready to learn and work hard, can find plenty of good opportunities. My manager keeps me engaged and I have flexibility to choose different projects. Projects are challenging and not trivial and you keep building your repertoire of skill sets.

--Promotion and Compensation : Company recognizes the value of your work. If you are a key contributor to your project, they give timely promotions and take care of compensation as well.
       They respect you and your work.

--Flexibility : Work timings are flexible as long as you get the job done. If you have some errands to run in morning, or need to leave early for something, I never had any problems with it.
        I landed into a visa issue when I went to my home country and my passport was delayed, my manager was very supportive and let me work from home and I did not get stressed out.
        I feel the company has really good people’s culture.

--Good benefits: I feel they have a very good health insurance plan. I have had some friends who left A10 and went to other companies, who misses our health benefits.
        We do have picnic and engineering luncheons, get together, they have some fitness clubs. Dinner and snacks are something everyone have these days 

--Internal Training sessions : company does have regular training sessions / external talks which are very enriching. They have these luncheon talks, and sometimes if you have a good topic to
       present and are not shy to present, you can also do it . I have done 3-4 training talks and it has been a good experience.

--Good management and product : Vision of management is very clear and they have good family of products. It will take some time to realize the true vision and right now company is on right path of achieving it.

Cons

--Multiple releases, to be honest ,we do have multiple releases going on which sometimes is distracting. But company is trying to minimize it and they are right on track for it.
    --Little not organized. I feel we can do better in this area. But being a public company from a startup, there were lot of fast development and agile methodology. It will take some time to get this sorted out.

Advice to Management

--Achieve the vision and keep it simple. As an employee you have our support.

3. Excellent place to work

Current Employee - Network Support Engineer in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Network Support Engineer in San Jose, CA

I have been working at A10 Networks full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Intelligent, hardworking people
    - Good Product
    - Good place to learn your stuff

Cons

- Multiple releases together kind of screwed priorities, but it seems to be finally in place
    - Marketing

Advice to Management

Keep it simple

Moving toward right direction

I have been working at A10 Networks

Pros

Great technology, extremely responsive TAC and engineer

Cons

The product needed to be better market . Technology is great, but customers doesn't seem to know about it.

Incredible Technology!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Gatos, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Gatos, CA

I have been working at A10 Networks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Great Engineering team - cutting edge technology
    - Best support organization in the industry.
    - Supportive management team.
    - So much to learn. I learn more in a year at A10 than 4 years at my previous company
    - Enjoyable projects and tasks
    - Nimbleness with little or no red tape. Ability to respond compared to big companies
    - Generous stock grants (stocks just needs to go up)
    - Fringe benefits (free dinners, etc.)

Cons

- More communication is required from exec management

Advice to Management

Be smart about the company spending. Invest wisely and reduce cost in areas that are not needed.

7. Good opportunity

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Jose, CA

I have been working at A10 Networks

Pros

* A10 has a cash cow in the ADC market with its Thunder load balancers
    * Management is making savvy, proactive investments into the higher-growth markets, like security and virtualization (the stock price *could* take off like a rocket if/when these products begin capturing market share)
    * The stock (and options) are well-priced (A10’s P/S multiple is about 1.5x revenue, whereas F5 is valued at a multiple of 5x sales, even though A10 is growing much faster than F5); so the stock options and ESPP plan seem to offer a very compelling value for any new employees
    * 401k (recently added company-match!)
    * Decent health care plans (low deductible of $250 per family member is pretty good; most companies' health care plans have a $2,000 deductible per family member)
    * Salary (seems competitive to F5 and Riverbed, based on anecdotal evidence)
    * Flexible work hours (you can work almost any hours, as long as you finish your work)
    * My manager in Engineering is supportive in terms of my personal growth and career goals

Cons

* Work/life balance can get a bit lopsided
    * Multiple competing releases (it’s not always clear which is the highest priority, so this results in a lot of “flapping” between P1 priorities)

Advice to Management

The company could benefit from having a dedicated project manager who could help formalize release processes and to improve communication between teams.

8. Lots of Opportunity to Contribute

I have been working at A10 Networks full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've been at the company just a few months, but I'm convinced it was a the best decision. The people are so friendly, very smart, and we have great team-work.

Cons

We are outgrowing out space due to so many new hires :-) I guess that is a good thing as well.

Advice to Management

Consider an employee recognition awards and program.

9. Great

I have been working at A10 Networks

Pros

Literally Everything is great. People are interesting.

Cons

Nothing is bad. Everything is great.

Life changing experience

Former Employee - Technical Writer in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Technical Writer in San Jose, CA

I worked at A10 Networks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Tight-knit community of supportive and dedicated co-workers, plenty of opportunities to branch into different divisions, receptive and incredibly considerate management, fantastic learning opportunities and an overall positive environment. The management at A10 Networks actively worked to accommodate employees with a schedule that fits their own personal needs and lifestyles. This company offers considerable flexibility and the HR department does a fantastic job at making sure employees are comfortable and happy.

Cons

No complaints, A10 Networks is fantastic and I feel highly fortunate for the opportunity to be part of their team.

11. Great Team Environment

I have been working at A10 Networks full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Throughout the company people work hard, are committed and passionate about overall quality and achieving success of A10's products; dedicated to having happy customers. We work hard and enjoy each other in a mutually respectful environment. Managers roll-up their sleeves and work closely with their teams.

Cons

This is a great place for people with a strong work ethic.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

RSS Feed </> Embed