A10 Networks

A10 Networks Reviews

Updated Jul 17, 2014

A10 Networks Founder & CEO Lee Chen

Lee Chen

fast paced, dynamic and spontaneous

Software QA Engineer (Current Employee) San Jose, CA

Prosyou are encouraged to work hard so that you can learn, not much office politics, teammates are helpful when they are not busy

Conssometimes need to work overtime or over the weekends, unrealistic goals, poor planning

Advice to Senior Managementthe top management should try to avoid micromanaging which pushes everybody's stress level up

Apply if you like to swim without a vest

Technical Staff (Current Employee)

ProsTechnical organization has a flat structure and everyone is easily accessible. If you like to work hard with minimal supervision (although a lot will be expected of you), you will like it.

ConsMorale declined following changes leading to IPO. New upper management was brought in, they then brought in their own people and hired them over the heads of the existing employees. That created resentment, aggravated by reverse stock split and poor stock performance. The last two took away the potential reward that people worked hard for. Everyone still works hard, but you don't see the enthusiasm that was present before.

Advice to Senior ManagementToo late to give advice. Let's hope future performance justifies the price.

Great company

Software Engineer Manager (Current Employee) San Jose, CA

Prosdinner is provided, people work hard.

Consmanagement is sometimes over optimistic.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great learning experience

Network Support Engineer (Current Employee) San Jose, CA

ProsGood team to work with. Fun place to work. People are extremely helpful and help you grow in your career.

ConsDealing with managers is a little difficult.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt's a great work place.

Lots of Opportunity to Contribute

ProsI've been at the company just a few months, but I'm convinced it was a the best decision. The people are so friendly, very smart, and we have great team-work.

ConsWe are outgrowing out space due to so many new hires :-) I guess that is a good thing as well.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider an employee recognition awards and program.

wow 1 to 3.75 reverse split?

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Proshave some options that are good for kindling. What was promised as the American dream is now crushed by the realism that a10 just copies every other company out there.

ConsThe IPO is a joke.. I feel I am wasting my time as this company figures out how to get out of this debt cloud around it.

engineer

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIt is a growing company

Consno much to say about cons

Advice to Senior Managementit is a waste of time to give advance to management

Self Motivation heaven

ProsThis company will be an ideal or workaholic heaven. The opportunities are endless, engineers are encourage to learn and progress as fast as possible. The engineers are extremely talented. Most major bugs can be resolve in days. The company is transparent and have flat culture, where even new hires can read what upper management day-to-day tasks are.

ConsProbably like most companies, some of the extremely talented people are pulling most of the weight of the company. No work-life balance. Work for MOST people are 10 hours minimum 6 days a week.

Advice to Senior ManagementFire the dead weight, it's causing moral issue for the people that are doing most of the work.

Great

ProsLiterally Everything is great. People are interesting.

ConsNothing is bad. Everything is great.

it's ok for new grad

Prosrapid growing company. You would get a lot of help from the people you work with. If you are a new grad, it is a perfect place to learn

ConsVery long hours. you would work 6 days a week and 10+ hours a day. You'd get very minimal personal time to get to do anything

Worked for A10 Networks? Contribute to the Community!