A10 Networks Reviews

Reset
3.4
A10 Networks Founder & CEO Lee Chen
Lee Chen

Pros
  • Great technology and an amazing R&D organization (in 2 reviews)

• dinner is provided, people work hard (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Sometime you need to work over time in the office (in 2 reviews)

• Poor management, lack of market analyses, engineers are not motivated and underpaid (in 2 reviews)

1. QA Engineer

Former Employee - QA Engineer in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - QA Engineer in San Jose, CA

I worked at A10 Networks

Pros

Free lunch/dinner, Sponsorship for resident aliens,

Cons

a lot of work even after going public

Advice to Management

None

2. staff software qa engineer

I have been working at A10 Networks full-time

Pros

Very good working environment. Lots of new stuff to get to work on.

Cons

Sometimes its a bit chaotic as there is not former process for release planning.

Advice to Management

Focus more on stream lining the processes

3. Awesome..

Current Employee - Senior Staff Software Engineer in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Staff Software Engineer in San Jose, CA

I have been working at A10 Networks full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- Bold and strategic vision of management. - A Platform company, with the best packet processing and scale in the industry. Gold standard in API's for manageability of devices. - Startup vigor. - Support org rocks. - Compensation is pretty good. - So much going on in terms of expanding the product lines.

Cons

- Marketing and communication of vision both external and internal. - Business alliances need to accelerate. - Brand awareness needs serious improvement.

Advice to Management

You have our support. Finally IP from different product lines coming together!

5. Ocean of Opportunity

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Jose, CA

I have been working at A10 Networks full-time

Pros

A10 networks is my first job in USA. I have been working for quite some time now at A10. It is an amazing organization to work with. I truly feel ownership of product. Some of the key points : --Great opportunity to learn. Someone who is ready to learn and work hard, can find plenty of good opportunities. My manager keeps me engaged and I have flexibility to choose different projects. Projects are challenging and not trivial and you keep building your repertoire of skill sets. --Promotion and Compensation : Company recognizes the value of your work. If you are a key contributor to your project, they give timely promotions and take care of compensation as well. They respect you and your work. --Flexibility : Work timings are flexible as long as you get the job done. If you have some errands to run in morning, or need to leave early for something, I never had any problems with it. I landed into a visa issue when I went to my home country and my passport was delayed, my manager was very supportive and let me work from home and I did not get stressed out. I feel the company has really good people’s culture. --Good benefits: I feel they have a very good health insurance plan. I have had some friends who left A10 and went to other companies, who misses our health benefits. We do have picnic and engineering luncheons, get together, they have some fitness clubs. Dinner and snacks are something everyone have these days  --Internal Training sessions : company does have regular training sessions / external talks which are very enriching. They have these luncheon talks, and sometimes if you have a good topic to present and are not shy to present, you can also do it . I have done 3-4 training talks and it has been a good experience. --Good management and product : Vision of management is very clear and they have good family of products. It will take some time to realize the true vision and right now company is on right path of achieving it.

Cons

--Multiple releases, to be honest ,we do have multiple releases going on which sometimes is distracting. But company is trying to minimize it and they are right on track for it. --Little not organized. I feel we can do better in this area. But being a public company from a startup, there were lot of fast development and agile methodology. It will take some time to get this sorted out.

Advice to Management

--Achieve the vision and keep it simple. As an employee you have our support.

QA Engineer

Current Employee - QA Engineer
    Current Employee - QA Engineer

I have been working at A10 Networks

Pros

Very good product and very good learning place. If you join any team other than QA team, you are good to go.

Cons

Worst for QA position. QA team is treated as junk in the company and the QA management is like a first grade classroom where class monitor wants everyone to listen to her/him. You have to send out email to whole team for stepping out even for 30 minutes. Worst team environment experienced ever.

Advice to Management

Pay little more and get experienced team lead / managers. Need to get a good QA team lead with experience or provide training to the existing one.

7. Excellent place to work

Current Employee - Network Support Engineer in San Jose, CA

I have been working at A10 Networks full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Intelligent, hardworking people - Good Product - Good place to learn your stuff

Cons

- Multiple releases together kind of screwed priorities, but it seems to be finally in place - Marketing

Advice to Management

Keep it simple

8. Lots to learn!

Current Employee - TAC NETWORK ENGINEER in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - TAC NETWORK ENGINEER in San Jose, CA

I have been working at A10 Networks full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

To put it concisely, a lot to learn and a lot of smart people to learn from!! Very knowledgeable coworkers that help you really understand finer details of networking. I would recommend this place to anyone who genuinely loves networking and is interested in detailed packet analysis, troubleshooting and advancing their skillset. It's awesome to be surrounded by tons people smarter than you!

Cons

Learning curve can be steep and sometimes daunting but it's not necessarily a bad thing...your coworkers will help you out

Advice to Management

Management is on the right path. Hire more people in departments where we are a little understaffed Share price is going up...Keep up the good work!

9. Good experience for new Grad

Current Employee - Network Support Engineer in San Jose, CA

I have been working at A10 Networks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The support department has a great team consisting of fun coworkers that help make longer days go by faster. Dinner is free on the weekdays which is nice. Middle management is good and makes an effort to be transparent. Work-life balance has greatly improved in the Support Department since the IPO. I truly believe there is great career opportunity by working here.

Cons

Work culture is very "old school" and can involve working long hours. If you're looking for the "google beanbag in every corner" culture then this is not the place for you.

Advice to Management

They need to keep their team motivated especially due to the stock price being less than optimal. I think they could do this with more team outings and team building activities.

Moving toward right direction

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I have been working at A10 Networks

Pros

Great technology, extremely responsive TAC and engineer

Cons

The product needed to be better market . Technology is great, but customers doesn't seem to know about it.

Incredible Technology!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Gatos, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Gatos, CA

I have been working at A10 Networks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Great Engineering team - cutting edge technology - Best support organization in the industry. - Supportive management team. - So much to learn. I learn more in a year at A10 than 4 years at my previous company - Enjoyable projects and tasks - Nimbleness with little or no red tape. Ability to respond compared to big companies - Generous stock grants (stocks just needs to go up) - Fringe benefits (free dinners, etc.)

Cons

- More communication is required from exec management

Advice to Management

Be smart about the company spending. Invest wisely and reduce cost in areas that are not needed.

RSS Feed </> Embed