AAA Auto Club South Reviews

John Tomlin

1. Brief description of AAA

Current Employee - Member Representative in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Member Representative in Tampa, FL

I have been working at AAA Auto Club South full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Very good benefits and competitive compensation.

Cons

Communication is rare from management and no direction.

Advice to Management

Get on the same page and communicate better.

2. Brand Team

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I have been working at AAA Auto Club South full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good people, decent benefits. Availability to executives is a plus.

Cons

What used to be a fun, dynamic, entrepreneurial environment has transitioned into a red tape conglomerate. There are so many initiatives going on that everyone is burned out and lacking focus.

Advice to Management

Better communication and prioritization will help keep employees focused and happy.

3. I was once called a dispatcher but you might as well call it ERS advocate since that's all I do now.

Current Employee - Customer Advocate
    Current Employee - Customer Advocate

I have been working at AAA Auto Club South full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Decent pay but some days I would rather work at McDonald's

Cons

Ever since Michigan took over the southern region this has been one of the dumbest jobs I have ever had. I can't believe how stupid workforce is and the upper management that come up with bright ideas for majority of dispatchers to handle ERS calls. I mean you want us to take calls but there is no one to dispatch them so you have calls just sitting on the screen for an hour because you're more concerned with 10 calls in queue (Time to panic). Then you have field reps that terminate contractors then don't replace them which makes our job more difficult. And I am over it with this mandatory staffing and Overtime. Don't get me wrong if I really loved This job they would have to pull me away from all the OT they allow. But it is stressful coming to a place that you hate because of how things are ran. This should is not that hard to do but when you have people that has never done what we have to do they think we are stupid when we voice our opinions. Then wonder why calls have not been touched in 45 mins. I can honestly say I do believe some call centers will be closing in the near future if this company does not get it together.

Advice to Management

Stop thinking you know everything. We do have some good ideas that I think will make this job a little easier for everyone

Watch out for these people. It's not your mother's AAA.

Former Employee - Customer Advocate in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Former Employee - Customer Advocate in Saint Petersburg, FL

Pros

It used to be a great place to work. Team meetings and training to exchange ideas and keep updated. Each employee was recognized for milestones and accomplishments. We shared in the prosgress of one, of all.

Cons

Company bought in 2110 by Omaha AAA, laid off and moved people around, eventually dismantled, offices closed, departments eliminated. Anything making big money, was trimmed and moved.

Horrible Place to Work

Former Employee - Front Desk/Reception in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Front Desk/Reception in Tampa, FL

I worked at AAA Auto Club South (Less than a year)

Pros

You got employee discounts for many attractions such as Universal Studios, Kennedy Space Center. There was no weekend work unless you were in sales or other departments.

Cons

employees treated like dirt beyond strict and archaic rules forced to "sell" credit cards when it wasn't part of the job description forced to "upsell" other products forced to make cold sales calls, also not part of job descpription hostile work environment

Look elsewhere!!!!

Current Employee - Licensed Insurance Agent in Tampa, FL

I have been working at AAA Auto Club South (More than a year)

Pros

Real nice co-workers that are glued to a paycheck. Free roadside service membership

Cons

Recruiter lies during hiring process. The vetting process is akin to getting hired by Homeland Security. All this for a below average job and below industry average pay!

Advice to Management

Your front line people matter! Management is a good ole boy network of incompetent people. AAA obviously hires managers based upon exaggerated resumes and not real life accomplishments.

Customer Advocate I

I have been working at AAA Auto Club South full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Medical and Dental Insurance

Cons

To handle incoming call load, mandatory overtime is added to your schedule, breaks are decreased to 5 min and lunches are decreased to 15 min. Working on holidays but not receiving holiday pay (i.e. 4th of July, 2015). Supervisors are great, but you don't know anyone in management, they don't pay attention to you. A lot of unhappy employees, a lot of people leave which is the reason for constant hiring. This company cares more for the work load being handled than their own employees.

Advice to Management

Offer incentives to encourage excellence to boost customer service values. Offer incentives for customers to participate in surveys (they usually participate when pissed off, resulting in lower customer service scores). Make the work environment a place of enjoyment, not an unhappy slave ship. Have a rotation so people can cover calls and allow special moments to celebrate holidays or achievements during the work place to build employee morals (i.e. parties, award ceremony). People feel overworked and unappreciated because of the demand of work hours due to the lack of employees to cover phone calls.

P&C Agent

Current Employee - Licensed Insurance Agent in Tampa, FL

Pros

You work with nice people. Unfortunately you can't pay bills with nice people.

Cons

Management just counts numbers and reviews charts; minimal industry knowledge. Zero inspiration, zero motivation! They do however like to let you know they are your superiors by instituting ridiculous rules every now and then. And they like to call early morning sales meetings that are nothing more than complaint sessions.

Advice to Management

Higher managers that inspire!! Managers that can motivate people and make then feel as though they are part of a team! Stop hiring unaccomplished managers with puffed up resumes. Then again mediocrity breeds mediocrity!

Customer service in Tampa is a SWEATSHOP

Current Employee - Insurance Sales Agent in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Insurance Sales Agent in Tampa, FL

I have been working at AAA Auto Club South full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

stay away nothing good here

Cons

lots the list is so long just read all the reviews that will keep coming!

Advice to Management

New management needed

Account Rep

Former Employee - MEMBERSHIP COUNSELOR in Sarasota, FL
    Former Employee - MEMBERSHIP COUNSELOR in Sarasota, FL

I worked at AAA Auto Club South full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits, health insurance, paid holidays and 401 K plans. Great product with roadside assistance, insurance and travel. Tickets for Disney World and other attractions are discounted.

Cons

The pay had no base salary so if you did not sell you made no money. Everyone was pressured so people would steal sales from other people just to reach the sales quotas in order to keep the job they had.

Advice to Management

Pay people a living wage so their not so desperate to get sales. Every employee deserves to be paid every week they work.

RSS Feed </> Embed