AAA Auto Club South

Add Photos

John Tomlin

good training

Producer (Former Employee) Saint Louis, MO

Prostraining is very good to get into industry

Conshigh requirments on something you can write

Advice to Senior Managementtake a more active role

Sales

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsMost of the employees there have great personalities.

ConsThey recently merged, a lot of great aspects of working there were taken a way. Most departments are strictly sales and if you don't meet your numbers they can be quick to put you on probation.

Enjoyed helping members, Management drove me away

Member Representative (Former Employee) Port Charlotte, FL

ProsThe job itself is a great job, Planning vacations and making people happy!

ConsBranch level: Coworkers are rude, Management not qualified to LEAD, No room for growt since becoming ACG. Gossip!

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper Management need to be aware of Branch level managers. There is a lot of corrupt activities that go on making it miserable and uncomfortable to go to work everyday. Gossip is horrible. Would not have a complaint before it became ACG

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Every Year It Get's Worse

Travel Counselor (Current Employee)

ProsVery nice co -workers, After the 1st 5 years of employment you get 5 weeks vacation (PTO). Not open nights and weekends.

ConsEver since AAA South was taken over by AAA Michigan it has got worse working for this company. They do not care about NO ONE except for the almighty dollar. Even before the take over upper management lived like fat cats while the worker bees get their wages cut year after year. Now all they care about is the AAA Visa credit card and memberships!! It's turning into a financial institution! It's not about the members anymore it's about what's the most they can get out of the members pockets.

Advice to Senior ManagementYOU are drowning this company into the ground. Catch up with new ideas like social media. They are always 10 steps behind the times. Listen to your employees since we are the ones making the money as front line workers. Stop making so many changes that don't work.

Worst company you could ever work for. This company is a sellout. Don't waste your time with it.

Call Receiver (Current Employee) Saint Petersburg, FL

ProsYou get a paycheck. Free parking if you can find a space. Its a job. You get direct deposit.

ConsYou are watched with every move you make. Heavily monitered on all calls. Told what to wear even down to your shoes. Have to watch your paychecks. Cannot trust anything the company or supervisors tell you. They are nothing but liars and lazy.they even monitor how long and how many times you go to the bathroom. Open door policy is a joke. Supervisors will tell you if you don't like it there is someone else waiting for your chair. Don't ever expect to move up. Supervisors will not help you. Don't expect to be trained properly its a joke. I only stayed for the check.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet off your lazy butts and help out instead of playing on the internet or walking around the office gossiping about everyone. Try doing the job you expect call receivers to do without the proper equipment or computers that work.

Auto Club Counselor

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFriendly co-workers and good social environment. Clean offices and working areas. They maintain good relationships with other companies within the travel industry.

ConsThe executive level is made up of "The Good Old Boys" who have difficulty keeping up with the times. The company is always playing follow the leader with its competitors. They were one of the first companies to offer easy to use automobile directions but they took too long to apply that same service to the internet.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe open to new ideas. Listen to the employees who are in the front lines because they are the ones who make the company what it is.

Culture I selfish

Coordinator (Former Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsThe best vendors to work with

ConsGood old boy network in place

Advice to Senior ManagementLeave room for creativity

OK Employer

Senior Marketing Research Analyst (Current Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsCo workers are great people and I miss them.

ConsDepartment leaders leave something to be desired

Get a Triptik and go as far away as possible!

Mid Management (Current Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsSince the merger with the northern group, there is nothing good to say...

ConsUpper management has the "Walmart Mentality". No concern for employees, condescending, selfish and will say anything to pacify disgruntled staff. Very sad.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake professional management courses.

Once was....

Creative Director (Current Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsFree parking, diner in the building, great co- workers

ConsSelfish management, untrustworthy, out of touch

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Worked for AAA Auto Club South? Contribute to the Community!