AAA Mid-Atlantic Reviews

71 reviews filtered by
3.4
AAA Mid-Atlantic President & CEO Bernhard Koch
Bernhard Koch

Pros
  • Fair work/life balance depending on your department and job requirements (in 7 reviews)

• Good benefits ( medical, health etc ) (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Middle management needs to get their act together (in 3 reviews)

• Management and people are promoted based on who they know (in 2 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Excellent company to work for with supportive leadership and friendly coworkers.

I have been working at AAA Mid-Atlantic full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-The company has a very open channel to leadership giving associates opportunities to ask any questions openly throughout the year--regardless of level.
    -Supportive work environment and great co-workers with good attitudes.
    -Challenging projects, open to new ideas and I feel rewarded at the end of the week.
    -Great mission, long term view and established organization with good reputation.

Cons

-Can be slow to make changes even though there is leadership support for the changes.
    -There are definite silos and not everyone is willing to break those down (long tenured employees)
    -Still some fears of technology and changes.

Advice to Management

Be willing to take leaps to get the company up to speed. Move a little faster to avoid being left behind.

2. Very passionate driven individual to succeed

Current Employee - Insurance Counsleor
    Current Employee - Insurance Counsleor

I have been working at AAA Mid-Atlantic (More than a year)

Pros

Overall great company to work for

Cons

There are none, take advantage of all opportunites to succeed

Advice to Management

Improve billing and delivery of policies system.

The company provides a positive atmosphere with paid time off for volunteering and moral events throughout the year.

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at AAA Mid-Atlantic full-time

Pros

Pay is very good for the area and experience required. Moral events are a great bonus.

Cons

There are known issues with a few employees that are permitted to continue. Unfortunately this leads to turnover.

Advice to Management

Continue the wonderful moral events. Deal swiftly with the employee issues so you do not continue to lose the good ones.

Great place to work

I have been working at AAA Mid-Atlantic

Pros

Company involves and considers associates opinions in major decisions. Open culture that follows share values where all opinions are heard, teamwork is encouraged and even with disagreement, people are tolerant and willing to work together.

Cons

Company is not always quick to promote and sometimes management looks too closely at the daily grind they forget to celebrate success!

Advice to Management

Recognize the positives more often. The company achieves many great milestones, celebrate before putting down the next challenge.

6. Not Headquarters = Not happy.

Current Employee - Retail/Cashier/Membership
    Current Employee - Retail/Cashier/Membership

I have been working at AAA Mid-Atlantic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company has a lot of potential. They have several structures in place for growth, training, and expansion. They have a well established and highly recognizable brand that gives them a leg up on any possible competition.

Cons

The company over all is lopsided and scattered. The positive work environment can rarely be found outside of the company headquarters. For those working below the higher portion of the company chain in a retail/ car care environment, the morale is unbelievably low. There have been several changes and expansion to the job requirements that often come first, without warning, second, without any sort of recognition.

Sales goals often come with an unrealistic expectation that everyone can be sold, often at the expense of customer service. Goals aren't adjusted in the consideration of the extra job duties that take associates away from opportunity.

Micromanaging has steadily increased in the retail offices with managers leading from reports, not from a place of actual talent/ conflict management. Leading from the front is more important than leading from the paper.

"You guys look miserable!" - Not something you want to hear from a member. If they can see it, they will feel it.

Advice to Management

Find a way to spread your good cheer to more than just the "Top 5 Best Places to Work in Wilmington". Pay a visit to those in the retail centers and experience these environments for yourself. The lack of morale is appalling and its beginning to become an obvious detriment to the quality of work.

7. Such and Incredible Place to Work

Current Employee - Life Insurance Specialist in Wilmington, DE
    Current Employee - Life Insurance Specialist in Wilmington, DE

I have been working at AAA Mid-Atlantic full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Extremely Friendly Co-Workers, Excellent Benefits, Positive Work Environment, Access to Training Materials at all times, Excellent Management, Great Location

Cons

I have no cons to submit

8. In >30 years, what I always wanted retail Car Care to be!

I have been working at AAA Mid-Atlantic full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've worked for top nationwide chains in every capacity, from GS through Regional Mgmt. No other company legitimately cares this much for it's employees and customers. Your constant growth, developement, and learning is critical to the company. (Tuition reimbursement unmatched by anyone else). Your ability to balance life and work is proven by the fact that you START earning paid time off, day one, and get over 3 weeks the 1st year. Incredible medical, dental and free life insurance. The main PLUS versus all others is the way leadership treats you and the security of coming home after a hard day's work not worrying about if you'll have a job. The opportunities for advancement here cannot be touched by any other company in this field. A stellar car technician or GS can be a store manager or in district leadership. A store manager can become a district manager and above. There are MANY tenured people here which communicates a lot to me. there are senior VP's who once were regular sales associates. We all live and function with our Shared Values at the forefront: Respect, Integrity, Quality, & Teamwork. CEO is one of the most humble CEO's I've met.

Cons

The fact that you actually are expected to show up and do your job. (Same "Con" as anywhere). The quality and excellence standards expected towards all AAA's customers is higher than anywhere I've been. (Not necessarily a bad thing in my book).

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, and keep being open to feedback from those not in your leadership cadre.

9. To much red tape

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

I worked at AAA Mid-Atlantic

Pros

Many different areas to work, Marketing, Insurance, Customer Care, Finance, Travel, Driver, Call Center.

Cons

Simply don't listen to their customers, complaints about long waits, contracted tow truck drivers. Additionally this is a company that is very set in their ways, change is a long and slow process.

Advice to Management

Make it easier to implement new ideas and encourage employees to be proactive not responsive.

10. I feel fortunate to work for a such a great company.

I have been working at AAA Mid-Atlantic

Pros

Senior Management and CEO want to hear from Associates and take many opportunuties throughout the year to provide opportunities for Associates to engage with them. Great benefits, work/life balance, plesant work environment and great team of people to work with. Ongoing training and encouragement for continued growth.

Cons

Communication to Associate's about Company initiatives could be more frequent and timely.

Good people doing good work

I have been working at AAA Mid-Atlantic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I really enjoy the people I work with everyday. There are opportunities to grow. I just celebrated my one-year anniversary and have already been promoted. I like that I make decisions that are important to our members. People are nice to each other here.

Cons

The bonus structure isn't great. It is a not-for-profit. Salaries are fair and benefits are great. We saved money switching from my husband's plan. I count that as increased monthly $$. You just need to look at the whole picture.