AAA Texas

www.texas.aaa.com

AAA Texas Reviews

Updated Jul 9, 2014

Not yet rated.

Great Company to Work for!

Secretary (Former Employee)

ProsGood benefits, part of a team, office culture is great.

ConsNo cons for me, enjoyed working here.

A great place to start your career path!

Emergency Road Service (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsStable company with great growth, work environment is pleasant, industry leader whose proactive approach creates challenges and changes. Flexible work hours (depending on department of choice) and good benefits package. Plenty of opportunity to learn new processes or even new lines of business due to company diversity.

ConsSome members of upper management can leave you hoping for more, what company doesn't have that issue.

Advice to Senior ManagementTie up the few loose ends with some upper management members, immediate change would net incredible results which are hard sought after.

Take the training take the name and then run!

Dispatcher (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsAAA Texas is only good for the training and putting a big name on your resume.

If you survive their Emergency Roadside Service call center you can work anywhere.

ConsPay is below industry standard, you can't get days off, supervisors are overworked and overwhelmed, equipment is below standard, software is below standard, Texas upper management only cares about keeping their jobs and looking busy and blaming their failures and incompetence on associates and middle management.

Advice to Senior ManagementWake up California. Texas thinks you're a joke.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very poor company to work for.

Inside Sales Agent Auto/Home (Current Employee) Irving, TX

ProsNice building with parking garage and on site cafeteria.

ConsTraining was fair. Managers really micro manage. Breaks are discouraged. Stealing sales/quotes are fine with management. Their thought is you should have been at work when the prospect called back. No chance of advancing. No collaboration between teams, or other departments. Quotas are ridiculous. Worst place I have ever worked at.

It was challenge, because of my luck of experience working in Insurance business, especially in Calling Center.

Policy Service Specialist (Former Employee) Irving, TX

ProsStable business - Industry not so affected by economic crises; good benefits; serious training, good entry level salary wages.

ConsPMG Calling Center experience - work is exhausting and very tense with high employee turnover.

Advice to Senior ManagementI believe overtime is not good solution for this department, when there are high volume calls, especially for long period of time. I personally didn't feel useful for our Members, when was tired. As much as you want you are not able to deliver the best service.

Overral Good Company

(Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsGreat Benefits medical, dental, vision, free AAA Membership, 401K, and pension
    Aggressive un-capped commission structure; within 3 years $100,000+, 4 years $120,000+
    Company supplied leads
    No overhead cost or out-of-pocket expenses
    Paid training program
    License sponsorship

ConsRestrictive underwriting guidelines
    No access to laptop/cell phone, all work done in office
    Behind on technology, too many manual processes
    Marketing could use a boost
    Could use more work/life balance

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to invest in technology to allow for more of a work/life balance. So many manual processes take up too much time during the day causing unneccessary OT hours to complete job tasks that could easily be avoided with more technology and offsite access to systems. Marketing could use a boost to align with goals. AAA offers a great product, but most members don't even know all of the services the company provides, especially insurance. AAA is nationally recognized and the marketing must coincide with keeping the population aware of the brand to keep up with competitors.

AAA is not going to make it...

Insurance Sales (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsThe benefits were good and you get a free membership to the roadside assistance as long as you work there.

ConsI was in insurance sales for 7 years there. It was hard because underwriting made it hard to insure people but management would write you up for not meeting quotas. Plus they constantly changed upper management and the new managers would know nothing about the systems or their employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to help your employees instead of thinking they are incompetent because we cannot insure someone. Stop blaming your employees for your corporate failures.

Stressful

Sales Agent (Former Employee)

ProsMost of the people there are nice

ConsOutdated technology. Impossible goals. Micromanagement, High stress.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide the tools for your agents to succeed.

AAA Texas is great unless you're in ERS department

Dispatcher (Current Employee) Irving, TX

Prosdecent benefits, job security, if you're liked there maybe room for advancement

Consnepotism, poor management, unfair treatment

Advice to Senior ManagementERS is a dysfunctional mess. Dispatch manager is self centered and only cares about her own goals and friends. She will push out anyone she doesn't personally like and is a poor manager at best.

Low Class Company

Claims Service Representative (Former Employee) Irving, TX

ProsAcceptable pay for an entry level position, and good health insurance.

ConsCulturally and financially, AAA is in ruins. The claims department has been severally understaffed for over two years, causing the adjusters to have an unreasonable work load. There is little room for advancement due to budget cuts. Promotions are given out of obligation, not ability. If you want any form of a promotion, except to wait at least four years. The few adjusters left, are micromanaged and treated like telemarketers.

The office and equipment are unkept and out dated. Management tells employees they are moving to a new office to correct this issue, but in actuality they are moving to a smaller, less expensive office and bringing the broken equipment with them.The majority of the people who work there are low class and have zero respect for their co workers. Rather than working together, the departments belittle each other, referring to one department in particular as "Club 6" because of the way the women dress.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove financial situation, hire an appropriate number of adjusters, create a culture of respect.

Worked for AAA Texas? Contribute to the Community!