AAA Texas Reviews

2.6

CEO

Salary

I worked at AAA Texas

Pros

Good managers. Work with your schedule .

Cons

Pay is fairly low compared to market

If you want a career, don't work here. No room for growth, company is behind the times.

Former Employee - Travel Agent
    Former Employee - Travel Agent

I worked at AAA Texas full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Stability, AAA has been in business for over 100 years.
    Benefits are decent. But there's room for improvement.
    Travel discounts
    Insurance discounts

Cons

Low pay
    Very limited room for growth.
    There is very little consistency from office to office, or region to region. For a company as large as AAA, it's important that there are set policies and procedures in place. They do have and teach these in corporate, however they are not enforced as taught in the offices. It's very frustrating.
    No overtime, even in the busy season... they freak out about that. I was very successful in my role in sales and found myself having to work from home to keep up. This was a big no-no with AAA, however in order to maintain a quality level of service it was necessary. I did this because I valued my work. I did not get paid for this time, nor did I ask to be... I was just doing what I needed to, to get the job done.
    Benefits could be better compared to other companies of their size.
    Micromanaged by managers that are themselves stretched too thin.
    No support/coaching due to managers being overloaded.
    Management is more interested in furthering themselves than working towards improving the company.
    Management is often lacking in leadership. Employees need strong management that will be willing to go up to bat for them. Instead the management that's put in place tends to just be a mouthpiece for upper management.
    There is no transparency or effective communication between upper management and employees. Everything is treated as a big secret. It is the old school way of managing (top down mentality), which I personally believe hinders growth in an organization. They are not open to ideas from staff, and the corporate office is often very out of touch with what is actually happening around the state.
    Out of date equipment AND processes. The amount of paper used alone, is absurd.
    Products are losing relevance and members are dying... This may sound harsh, but the reality is the bulk of AAA's members are over 50. AAA struggles with attracting young members and this is because the products they offer are no longer worth the money when compared to the online services available. It will be interesting to see where AAA is in 10 years.

Communicate better with your staff.
    Set your managers up to succeed by giving them the appropriate resources, and giving 1 office per manager. Having managers cover 2 offices, and some that are over an hour apart does not set up the managers or the staff to succeed.
    Spend the money on quality supplies and equipment. You're a National company that's well known... act like it. Invest in your company and get out of the stone age as far as technology is concerned.
    Stop micromanaging. Let Managers manage, give them more power.
    Utilize your software for what is was designed to do. Stop bothering sales agents with spreadsheets and reports that can be easily accessed by management through the POS system used in the office.
    Go electronic. It is crazy this day in age the amount of paper that's being used, and having paper files. Plus, electronic files are more secure.
    Ask and listen to your employees about what's going on in the office/field. They may have some great ideas. If someone submits ideas and is trying to be proactive - work with them! At least respond to them...

Great Company to Work for!

Former Employee - Secretary
    Former Employee - Secretary

I worked at AAA Texas full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good benefits, part of a team, office culture is great.

Cons

No cons for me, enjoyed working here.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A great place to start your career path!

Current Employee - Emergency Road Service  in  Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Emergency Road Service in Dallas, TX

I have been working at AAA Texas full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Stable company with great growth, work environment is pleasant, industry leader whose proactive approach creates challenges and changes. Flexible work hours (depending on department of choice) and good benefits package. Plenty of opportunity to learn new processes or even new lines of business due to company diversity.

Cons

Some members of upper management can leave you hoping for more, what company doesn't have that issue.

Tie up the few loose ends with some upper management members, immediate change would net incredible results which are hard sought after.

Take the training take the name and then run!

Current Employee - Dispatcher  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Dispatcher in Houston, TX

I have been working at AAA Texas full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

AAA Texas is only good for the training and putting a big name on your resume.

If you survive their Emergency Roadside Service call center you can work anywhere.

Cons

Pay is below industry standard, you can't get days off, supervisors are overworked and overwhelmed, equipment is below standard, software is below standard, Texas upper management only cares about keeping their jobs and looking busy and blaming their failures and incompetence on associates and middle management.

Wake up California. Texas thinks you're a joke.

Very poor company to work for.

Current Employee - Inside Sales Agent Auto/Home  in  Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Agent Auto/Home in Irving, TX

I have been working at AAA Texas full-time for less than a year

Pros

Nice building with parking garage and on site cafeteria.

Cons

Training was fair. Managers really micro manage. Breaks are discouraged. Stealing sales/quotes are fine with management. Their thought is you should have been at work when the prospect called back. No chance of advancing. No collaboration between teams, or other departments. Quotas are ridiculous. Worst place I have ever worked at.

Overral Good Company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at AAA Texas full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great Benefits medical, dental, vision, free AAA Membership, 401K, and pension
    Aggressive un-capped commission structure; within 3 years $100,000+, 4 years $120,000+
    Company supplied leads
    No overhead cost or out-of-pocket expenses
    Paid training program
    License sponsorship

Cons

Restrictive underwriting guidelines
    No access to laptop/cell phone, all work done in office
    Behind on technology, too many manual processes
    Marketing could use a boost
    Could use more work/life balance

Need to invest in technology to allow for more of a work/life balance. So many manual processes take up too much time during the day causing unneccessary OT hours to complete job tasks that could easily be avoided with more technology and offsite access to systems. Marketing could use a boost to align with goals. AAA offers a great product, but most members don't even know all of the services the company provides, especially insurance. AAA is nationally recognized and the marketing must coincide with keeping the population aware of the brand to keep up with competitors.

It was challenge, because of my luck of experience working in Insurance business, especially in Calling Center.

Former Employee - Policy Service Specialist  in  Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Policy Service Specialist in Irving, TX

I worked at AAA Texas full-time for more than a year

Pros

Stable business - Industry not so affected by economic crises; good benefits; serious training, good entry level salary wages.

Cons

PMG Calling Center experience - work is exhausting and very tense with high employee turnover.

I believe overtime is not good solution for this department, when there are high volume calls, especially for long period of time. I personally didn't feel useful for our Members, when was tired. As much as you want you are not able to deliver the best service.

AAA is not going to make it...

Former Employee - Insurance Sales  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Insurance Sales in Houston, TX

I worked at AAA Texas full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The benefits were good and you get a free membership to the roadside assistance as long as you work there.

Cons

I was in insurance sales for 7 years there. It was hard because underwriting made it hard to insure people but management would write you up for not meeting quotas. Plus they constantly changed upper management and the new managers would know nothing about the systems or their employees.

Try to help your employees instead of thinking they are incompetent because we cannot insure someone. Stop blaming your employees for your corporate failures.

Stressful

Former Employee - Sales Agent
    Former Employee - Sales Agent

I worked at AAA Texas full-time for less than a year

Pros

Most of the people there are nice

Cons

Outdated technology. Impossible goals. Micromanagement, High stress.

Provide the tools for your agents to succeed.

AAA Texas Photos

+ Add Photo

Worked for AAA Texas? Contribute to the Community!