AAA Texas

Updated October 29, 2014
Updated October 29, 2014
2.6

CEO

The management will push you to your breaking point and then find a way to getrid you.

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at AAA Texas

Pros

Possibly earn a good salary

Cons

Very very stressful environment that needs an overhaul for working conditions

Scare tactics are bad for team morale

Good Place to Start Career

Current Employee - Inside Sales Agent in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Agent in Irving, TX

I have been working at AAA Texas full-time (more than an year)

Pros

> Good Pay
    >Good Benefits
    > The training is good and they pay for you to secure your license which is awesome.
    They teach you the ropes of the sales industry

Cons

>No Work life balance they want you to live there
    > Manager's are only in it for themselves they micromanage entirely too much
    > You can't trust what the management tells you they will have a contest promise a prize and never deliver on it.

Why bother they do not listen unless you determine their pay

Ok benefits, not so good pay, and can be really stressful.

Former Employee - Emergency Roadside Service Representative in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Emergency Roadside Service Representative in Irving, TX

I worked at AAA Texas full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The workout facility is decent and is in the same building. The benefits are good.

Cons

The Emergency Roadside Service department can be very stressful and the pay is inadequate for the work.

Stressful

Current Employee - Insurance Sales Agent in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Insurance Sales Agent in Dallas, TX

I have been working at AAA Texas full-time (more than an year)

Pros

They help you get your insurance license, training is extensive and informative, paid training.

Cons

What you learned in training is foreign to what happens when you're out in the field. No work-life balance.

Quit micro-managing and making unkept promises. Speak to the agents respectfully, because we make you money.

Salary

I worked at AAA Texas

Pros

Good managers. Work with your schedule .

Cons

Pay is fairly low compared to market

If you want a career, don't work here. No room for growth, company is behind the times.

Former Employee - Travel Agent
    Former Employee - Travel Agent

I worked at AAA Texas full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Stability, AAA has been in business for over 100 years.
    Benefits are decent. But there's room for improvement.
    Travel discounts
    Insurance discounts

Cons

Low pay
    Very limited room for growth.
    There is very little consistency from office to office, or region to region. For a company as large as AAA, it's important that there are set policies and procedures in place. They do have and teach these in corporate, however they are not enforced as taught in the offices. It's very frustrating.
    No overtime, even in the busy season... they freak out about that. I was very successful in my role in sales and found myself having to work from home to keep up. This was a big no-no with AAA, however in order to maintain a quality level of service it was necessary. I did this because I valued my work. I did not get paid for this time, nor did I ask to be... I was just doing what I needed to, to get the job done.
    Benefits could be better compared to other companies of their size.
    Micromanaged by managers that are themselves stretched too thin.
    No support/coaching due to managers being overloaded.
    Management is more interested in furthering themselves than working towards improving the company.
    Management is often lacking in leadership. Employees need strong management that will be willing to go up to bat for them. Instead the management that's put in place tends to just be a mouthpiece for upper management.
    There is no transparency or effective communication between upper management and employees. Everything is treated as a big secret. It is the old school way of managing (top down mentality), which I personally believe hinders growth in an organization. They are not open to ideas from staff, and the corporate office is often very out of touch with what is actually happening around the state.
    Out of date equipment AND processes. The amount of paper used alone, is absurd.
    Products are losing relevance and members are dying... This may sound harsh, but the reality is the bulk of AAA's members are over 50. AAA struggles with attracting young members and this is because the products they offer are no longer worth the money when compared to the online services available. It will be interesting to see where AAA is in 10 years.

Communicate better with your staff.
    Set your managers up to succeed by giving them the appropriate resources, and giving 1 office per manager. Having managers cover 2 offices, and some that are over an hour apart does not set up the managers or the staff to succeed.
    Spend the money on quality supplies and equipment. You're a National company that's well known... act like it. Invest in your company and get out of the stone age as far as technology is concerned.
    Stop micromanaging. Let Managers manage, give them more power.
    Utilize your software for what is was designed to do. Stop bothering sales agents with spreadsheets and reports that can be easily accessed by management through the POS system used in the office.
    Go electronic. It is crazy this day in age the amount of paper that's being used, and having paper files. Plus, electronic files are more secure.
    Ask and listen to your employees about what's going on in the office/field. They may have some great ideas. If someone submits ideas and is trying to be proactive - work with them! At least respond to them...

Great Company to Work for!

Former Employee - Secretary
    Former Employee - Secretary

I worked at AAA Texas full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits, part of a team, office culture is great.

Cons

No cons for me, enjoyed working here.

A great place to start your career path!

Current Employee - Emergency Road Service in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Emergency Road Service in Dallas, TX

I have been working at AAA Texas full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Stable company with great growth, work environment is pleasant, industry leader whose proactive approach creates challenges and changes. Flexible work hours (depending on department of choice) and good benefits package. Plenty of opportunity to learn new processes or even new lines of business due to company diversity.

Cons

Some members of upper management can leave you hoping for more, what company doesn't have that issue.

Tie up the few loose ends with some upper management members, immediate change would net incredible results which are hard sought after.

Take the training take the name and then run!

Current Employee - Dispatcher in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Dispatcher in Houston, TX

I have been working at AAA Texas full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

AAA Texas is only good for the training and putting a big name on your resume.

If you survive their Emergency Roadside Service call center you can work anywhere.

Cons

Pay is below industry standard, you can't get days off, supervisors are overworked and overwhelmed, equipment is below standard, software is below standard, Texas upper management only cares about keeping their jobs and looking busy and blaming their failures and incompetence on associates and middle management.

Wake up California. Texas thinks you're a joke.

Very poor company to work for.

Current Employee - Inside Sales Agent Auto/Home in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Agent Auto/Home in Irving, TX

I have been working at AAA Texas full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Nice building with parking garage and on site cafeteria.

Cons

Training was fair. Managers really micro manage. Breaks are discouraged. Stealing sales/quotes are fine with management. Their thought is you should have been at work when the prospect called back. No chance of advancing. No collaboration between teams, or other departments. Quotas are ridiculous. Worst place I have ever worked at.