AAF-McQUAY

Be The First To
Add Photos

Katsuhiko Takagi

Loss prevention

ProsBenefits are awesome and so is the retirement plan

ConsI can't think of anything that is bad with this company

Advice to Senior ManagementAvailable if your willing to move

Very poor working conditions

Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsIts a job, if you can drive a forklift or clamp in that environment, you can drive it anywhere.

ConsNo bonuses, last year instead of giving employees a cost of living raise, they gave a lump sum check which was heavily taxed. Poor set up, inconsistent management. No employee recongnition.

Advice to Senior ManagementHappy employees make good employees

It's exciting to be a part of Daikin's efforts to transform McQuay into a high-tech, high-reliability HVAC manufacturer.

Market Research (Current Employee) Plymouth, MN

ProsDaikin's commitment to the overarching goal of Global #1 means emphasis on quality, kaizen and quick response to identified issues. Lots of changes for the good.
    I enjoy helping development, marketing and engineering teams work together. The new leadership in the US is motivated and experienced, ready to make Daikin McQuay a force to be reckoned with.

ConsBlending of Daikin and McQuay corporate cultures is not an easy process, especially with language differences. Cross-functional communication is still difficult, with heirarchy slowing the flow of information.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe open to leaner decision-making processes. Facilitate cooperation between locations with strong leadership at the top.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Need to improve management and office/technician technology.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe employees are friendly, helpful and understanding. Customers are pretty easy to work with.

ConsThe interoffice technology is old and not up to date. They need to upgrade all of the software to bring it into the 21st century. The network is very slow. There is still a lot of paper and they need to put paperless technology into place. The middle management staff need to be hired with the proper credentials and be given training. To much micro managing and testosterone (egos).

Advice to Senior ManagementThey need to get middle management hired with the proper credentials for the job they are doing. Technology in the offices and the field needs to be upgraded to current software and technology to match the newest technology of the equipment they manufacture.

Lack of leadership and a total make over required

Credit Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) Louisville, KY

ProsMost co workers are very friendly and have worked for the company for over 20 years

ConsLack of real leadership and mico management at it's WORST. Has to be the quietest place ever. On a floor with over 200 people, at any given time you can hear a pin drop. All you hear is typing on the computer and seeing co workers with their headsets in listening to music or live radio. No room at all to move up. Lack of respect and could care less about raise promises made. Way over worked and totally underpaid.

Advice to Senior ManagementCut from the top down. Start with the most incompetent HR department I have ever worked with. Your cash & credit department are a total mess and the SAP transfer was a total 6 month nightmare. It should have been implemented in other countries where the branches are before we trusted all our cash info to be screwed up during the SAP going "live" what a joke

First 70 of the 90 years is the prime time of AAF, can we come back?

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Louisville, KY

ProsPeople are very friendly to work with. There is a fair amount of veterans of the company who has been with the company for 20 to 40 years. They really knows the business. However they are all retiring soon.

ConsFrom marketing to R&D, the company need to invest much more to compete with others. If look at the AAF history prior to 90s, you know why the company is successful then. We are the leader for innovation, massive marketing department, best industry knowledge of know how. These days, it is all eliminating products can't sale without adding new product into product line fast enough. The brand name is still strong, however we need strong leadership. Some of the senior management team is not knowledge enough to lead the company, divisions, or groups.
    HR department need to spend a little more to find the best people in the industry or train its own young team member.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend more on training employee. Bring them to conference, industry association, trade show. Push harder in emerging market.

The 90's were good, should we stay there?

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Plymouth, MN

ProsThe people are good to work with, and things are fairly laid back on a day to day basis. There is an overall good atmosphere to work in, with the bad things usually are nothing more than petty office politics that seldom rise above the "annoyance" level.
    Individual people really care that what they do actually helps and supports the customer.

ConsMcQuay has a top notch product, but there is little drive to improve the office to match what is the real world product output of the equipment. A large number of people have been there 20+ years and while the factories produce, the management seems content to coast when it comes to the support of that product.

Advice to Senior ManagementDaikin bought McQuay and they have clearly made improvements to the factories and products to among the best in the industry. However there seems to be a fear to look at the management of the headquarters. There is a real need to step up what is done to support their customers after the initial sale. This is a lost opportunity that is given away to their competitors who kept up with communications better than McQuay.
    Change the focus to what is best for the customers, not what is easy for the office. There are improvements in computers and technology that they need to learn to use in the office, not just talk about- as what McQuay has works, but it is highly fragmented.

A company caught unwilling to move out of the "90". HR runs the show don't forget that.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Louisville, KY

ProsThe people are great. Although the majority have been there for 20+ years, they are good people.

ConsGrowth is a dream. It does not happen but to a few. The companies growth plan is a dream. Many competitors will continue to take market share. Don't plan on a bonus or a decent raise.

Advice to Senior ManagementTakagi is the silent Japanese leader.

Lack of Leadership and Vision

Service Sales Representative (Former Employee)

ProsEmployees are treated fairly.Good communication from the corporate office. Bought out by Daikin, who has deeper pockets for future growth.

ConsPoor leadership at the regional levels. The corporate HR manager has too much decision making power with very little knowledge of the industry. Company is too slow to acknowlege warranty problems with equipment already in the field.

Advice to Senior ManagementHopefully Daikin has better leaders and vision.

This a company the Micro-manages.

Buyer II (Former Employee)

ProsThe only thing I can say positive that they have some employees that have managed to keep from being fired.

ConsThey do not hesitate berate an employee in front everyone.

Advice to Senior ManagementSupervisors & Managers need training on how to treat fellow employees.

Worked for AAF-McQUAY? Contribute to the Community!