AAIPharma Services Corp

2.8

Pat Walsh

Room to expand

I worked at AAIPharma Services Corp full-time

Pros

This company offers great opportunity to learn and expand your experience that other companies do not. Also, the people I worked with are very encouraging and made the experience great for me.

Cons

The benefits could be better

Don't waste your time

I have been working at AAIPharma Services Corp full-time

Pros

Learning to work under ridiculous levels of stress. A good place to gain experience, because this place is a worst case scenario. If you can work here for a year or better, anywhere else will be like a vacation.

Cons

Poor implementation of new systems and no support for those systems. Policies and practices are written by people who have no clue how to perform the work.

Stop focusing on short term, bottom line goals. You have a lot of good people working for you. Stop treating them like they are just another commodity.

Growing company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, NC

I have been working at AAIPharma Services Corp full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The fast paced environment is a pro for me. The company has also just merged with a company out of Wisconsin so there should be additional opportunities in the future. Also there is always something new to learn so the experience is priceless.

Cons

The workload can be overwhelming most of the time. You will be held to deadlines constantly but that's just the nature of the business. If you are not prepared to work hard then don't waste your time.

STAY AWAY

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edison, NJ

I have been working at AAIPharma Services Corp full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

-Within the industry their services are probably towards the top in terms of quality.

Cons

Where does one even begin?
    I have never felt more defeated and trapped in a workplace before. No room to grow, very little interest by upper management in career advancement. Every month its the same story, trying to get as much work out the door as possible. Overtime is expected instead of increasing staff. A few big wigs just trampling all the little people.

Treat your analysts like humans. Do something about AH. She runs the show in Edison and couldnt be less professional and vile. Its embarrassing that she represents our company.

Formulation Development Intern

Former Employee - Formulation Development Intern in Wilmington, NC
    Former Employee - Formulation Development Intern in Wilmington, NC

I worked at AAIPharma Services Corp as an intern (more than an year)

Pros

Wonderful staff to work with, learned a lot about the industry

Cons

Nothing major, only con was the timing of my internship was when the company was undergoing massive changes in structure

Great opportunities presented to learn and grow.

Current Employee - Sales and Marketing in Wilmington, NC
    Current Employee - Sales and Marketing in Wilmington, NC

I have been working at AAIPharma Services Corp part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great people to work with!
    Knowledgeable and helpful across all levels.
    Beautiful location and great facilities! (I had the privilege of seeing more than one of the facilities).
    Great vision from the managers on the direction of the company. I always felt respected and a part of the company goals.

Cons

Some facilities still needed updating but renovations were in progress as I left. Excited to see where this company goes.

Had multiple interactions with management who were personable and respectful. If they continue to listen to employees who are full of excellent ideas the company will continue in success.

Growth again at AAI

I have been working at AAIPharma Services Corp full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

New labs and equipment, 401k match instituted, great child care center.

Cons

Lots of work. Many deadlines. Seems we never have enough people to get it all done.

Keep adding to the lab staff. Still not enough bodies to handle the work.

Promises, Promises. But All Talk.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edison, NJ

I have been working at AAIPharma Services Corp full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

-Results oriented. Culture for individuals who want to work hard.
    -Within the industry the quality of service is probably towards the top. Easy to get behind the work.

Cons

-Upper management love to praise with compliments, but little action.
    -Promise raise wages and bonuses but lower employees never see them.
    -Consistently say one thing and do the other. Lower level employees high turnover rate once they realize what theyve been promised for hard work is actually a pipe dream.

If you arent going to reward hard work dont say you will. It makes it worse when its expected.

Great people under poor management (Wilmington)

I worked at AAIPharma Services Corp

Pros

Great co-workers in multiple departments that go above and beyond their jobs, willing to do what it takes for success and to help others.

Cons

Certain personnel get away with everything with no punishment nor reprimand. Poor management that does not respond well to new ideas. No growth potential and they pay very little.

Value your employees!

Company continues down the drain

I worked at AAIPharma Services Corp

Pros

I worked here for 8 years and loved it until the new management team came in. Then everything changed. People were pushed out or fired. Others left in disgust. The place has a decent location, excellent equipment, many good people trying to hang in there.

Cons

Terrible management that treat people poorly - "Do what I say without question", very poor morale, high turnover. Poor integration with the Celsis folks.

Leave - Find another company to destroy