AAON Reviews

Norm Asbjornson

1. Great place to start a career

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at AAON full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Lots of intelligent and personable people to work with and learn from across many technical disciplines. Company has grown rapidly so there are expected to be many opportunities for advancement in the future.

Cons

Compensation is sometimes slow to keep up with increased responsibility and efficiency of employee. Company has grown rapidly and has not hired employees to match the rate of growth. Company expects employees to work hard and efficiently to produce the work of multiple employees at other companies. This environment may not be for everyone.

Advice to Management

Grow, advance, trust, and compensate talented employees to sustain company growth. Delegate responsibilities to those capable to achieve more results.

2. Assembly

Current Employee - Assembly in Longview, TX
    Current Employee - Assembly in Longview, TX

I have been working at AAON full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I didn't see any good reasons to work for Aaon.

Cons

Low pay, cut back in wages. Business fluctuates. Very high turnover rate. Overworked and severely underpaid.

Advice to Management

Up your pay scale and stop micro managing.

3. Doesn't value their employees

Current Employee - Welder in Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - Welder in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at AAON full-time (more than a year)

Pros

401k and profit sharing

Cons

No advancement, or pay raises

Advice to Management

Here is a thought for management, learn to find ways to connect to your personal. You pay like crap and expect your employees to produce. I hate you company and how you have structured it there is no communication from the office to the production floor. You have skilled labor jobs that you pay no where near industry average for because people who sit at a desk all day think they know what your job should be paid well let me tell you I'm college educated and could do yours let's see if you can come out and tig weld on 18 gauge stainless steel and run a smooth bead. I doubt it. I can not wait to quit your pathetic company.

5. Worst Company EVER!

I worked at AAON full-time (more than a year)

Pros

They give you your own parking and office.

Cons

People are of an older generation that is stubborn, grumpy, and unprofessional. They will never take blame for any mistakes and will steal all credit for any work completed, as managers are concerned. The human resources department was a nightmare! They broke quite a few federal laws while i was employed. Also, this later led to me getting unemployment even though they tried to fire me on grounds of "misconduct". Too bad they didn't document that anywhere. In fact, for all anybody knows i just got laid off.

Advice to Management

Learn to recognize when someone is trying to reduce cost that will save money to the tune of several million dollars over a ten year course. You should promote these kinds of people, not punish them. Also, make sure to actually give what you promise. I never got the following promised things: salary, benefits, ADA compliant office equipment, bonus, raise, promotion. They were the most shadiest people that i could work for. There turnover rate was terrible, as well -- try to keep workers by treating them like people instead of numbers on a dot-matrix printout.

Worst company i've ever worked for!

I worked at AAON full-time (more than a year)

Pros

They do things very old-fashioned. If you're old and don't like change this is the place for you.

Cons

They will lie to you about salary, job duties, responsibilities, and benefits. Supervisors will abuse you and expect you to take it with a smile. You will never get promoted, a raise, stock options, or your own office even if you're promised these things. It's the worst place you could work for...anywhere else would be better! The Human Resources department is virtually non-existent, as well.

Advice to Management

Don't lie to your employees about salary, job duties, responsibilities, and benefits. Make sure you hire people that are fit for the job instead of assuming they will just "catch-on" even if they have no experience doing the job when it requires years of previous experience.

7. huge

Former Employee - Traffic Supervisor in Tulsa, OK
    Former Employee - Traffic Supervisor in Tulsa, OK

I worked at AAON full-time (more than a year)

Pros

older upper management room for advancement

Cons

manage by crisis,
    health insurance does not cover enough out of pocket
    processes and procedures are not documented for training purposes

Advice to Management

none

8. Warehouse/ Production picking high end electrical parts and motors, including mother boards and switches.

Former Employee - Material Handler/Forklift Operator in Tulsa, OK
    Former Employee - Material Handler/Forklift Operator in Tulsa, OK

I worked at AAON full-time (less than a year)

Pros

New, clean and up to date Warehouse with great working equipment and Employees. Everyone seems to work very well together to complete job task and work production orders. And after 6 months the company give you a sign on bonus with a lot of training and upgrade courses the company will pay for. A lot of room to grow and move up in pay and skill.

Cons

Point system with no room to change job for 1 year.

Advice to Management

To many different Supervisors to deal with, all with different ways to complete same job tasks at hand, this is due different day and night shift work through the week leaving plenty of room for mistakes with data entry and material handling and theft.

9. warehouse supervisor

Former Employee - Warehouse Supervisor in Tulsa, OK
    Former Employee - Warehouse Supervisor in Tulsa, OK

I worked at AAON full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

they use to have profit sharring

Cons

upper managment treated thier employee's like dirt

Advice to Management

treat people with respect

10. I liked my job there, but the management left a lot to be desired.

Former Employee - Warehouse Associate in Longview, TX
    Former Employee - Warehouse Associate in Longview, TX

I worked at AAON full-time (less than a year)

Pros

They have some good people working there.

Cons

The benefits are low-standard; the management treats most employees badly; a lot of the employees are usual grumpy & in a bad mood, and walking on eggshells, due to the attitude of management.

Advice to Management

You should revamp your management staff & find managers/supervisors who know how to talk to employees in a productive manner, & who won't take things personally when someone comes to them with an issue.

11. Getting much better. Pay is increasing for workers, we are no longer working 60+ hours a week.

Current Employee - Line Engineer in Longview, TX
    Current Employee - Line Engineer in Longview, TX

I have been working at AAON full-time (more than a year)

Pros

New president is really great. Still face troubles a lot of companies do, lay offs, some less-than-capable employees, but overall a decent place to work.

Cons

Some employees seem to choose speed over quality, and letting other people deal with their mistakes.

Advice to Management

Aaon is going in a better direction. keep on the path of quality and taking responsibility for mistakes.