AAPC Publishing

Updated May 19, 2014
Updated May 19, 2014
1.0

CEO

Verbal Abuse, Nepotism, and Rampant Turnover. Don't do it.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Lenexa, KS
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lenexa, KS

I worked at AAPC Publishing full-time for less than a year

Pros

There really aren't any. This place is an absolute joke masquerading as a good cause. And one that isn't very good at making at money.

Actually there is one--If you work here you won't be fired. What will happen is that you will be ostracized and verbally abused to the point that you will want to quit--all so they won't have to give you a raise. Beware. DO NOT WORK HERE.

Cons

The lack of empathy or care shown for employees here is for absence of a better word--shocking. I continued to take on more and more responsibility throughout my time there only to be met with more and more instances of nepotism and verbal abuse--namely from the owner.

What I did see here was rampant turnover, finger pointing, management verbally bashing employees behind their back, workplace double standards based on popularity, employees pitted against each other, employees being told they're brainless, employees having doors shut in their faces (literally), a lack of any workplace structure, a bait-and-switch hiring process, and CONSTANT distractions including pets and children in the workplace.

I was never given a formal job description, orientation, or training of any kind (these are things that are a necessity at most normal employers)--only to be told repeatedly that I'm not doing my job despite my continuous efforts to improve my performance. Here is an almost direct quote from HR from the day I was hired regarding the employee handbook: "You can read this or not, I really don't give a damn."

These people aren't qualified for the positions they are in. My advice would be to wake up and quit living in denial.

The worst experience of my 15 year professional career!

I worked at AAPC Publishing

Pros

None...if I could rate it 0 stars it would have been to good

Cons

Management, rampant turnover, and a bait and switch hiring process

Fire yourself

I have ever witnessed a more disgusting company than AAPC !!

Current Employee - Regional Sales Director / ESR Enterprise Sales Representative/AAPC Sales  in  West Valley City, UT
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Director / ESR Enterprise Sales Representative/AAPC Sales in West Valley City, UT

I have been working at AAPC Publishing full-time for less than a year

Pros

-salad bar
    -2, yes 2 water fountains not in the kitchen
    -2 sets of restrooms

Cons

-no 401k match
    -extremely cheap Office equipment
    -benefits are lacking
    -no bonuses ( which we were promised otherwise in the hiring process)
    -lowering the base pay by 20k-30k
    -micromanagement
    -not employee driven
    -no spiffs
    -no incentives
    -verbiage in the proposals that we send to our clients can really get us in legal issues
    -restrooms are disgusting, I understand we are in West Valley City, Utah. But hire someone to mop up the bathroom at least once a month.
    -2 months ago for having a big month, we were each given a .50 cent hot wheels toy car with a note that said good job.( are we second graders?)
    -weekly condescending emails from management no matter how much volume we make the company.
    -as an employee, I have started to loose my creativity, my inspiration for ideas, due to the negative vibe we get from management
    -no product knowledge training (just study what we have on the website)
    -due to the tension being so high, and stress levels increase, a fight between our team almost broke out 3 days ago
    -fulfillment on the back end, once we do sell products, it never gets there, or is late, and client is contacting us and loosing patients with us and does not want to buy from us again. (there goes our book of business we built.)
    -AAPC has only had a sales division for one year
    -they do not know how, or try to learn how to run a sales department.
    -they are not open to suggestions.( individuals just laid off for trying to fight for our team, who's next?)
    -AAPC has such bad rep on the internet , we are talking about changing the company name? instead of being a better company.
    - endless list, however, hopefully by the end of this month or the next I will have a new job.

Take advise from the team.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Never, ever work here.

I worked at AAPC Publishing full-time for less than a year

Pros

I can't think of a single one, which is really unfortunate because the mission of the company seemed good in the beginning.

Cons

Horrible leadership who would fire at least one person a month for completely insane reasons - they fired so many people during my tenure that they were flagged by the unemployment office. Lousy pay with no opportunity for advancement. Management had no clue what they were doing; it's a shock this place is still in business.

Poor management = unhappy work environment

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Overland Park, KS
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

I worked at AAPC Publishing full-time

Pros

Company is associated with some of the most notable professionals in the field of autism. You get a week off between Christmas and New Years.

Cons

Leadership micro-manages every person on staff and insists on doing things exactly the same way they were doing things 10 years ago. Employees are continually ridiculed when they attempt to better processes, and management -- the owner -- routinely fires employees on a whim. In the time I was employed there, the workforce changed over twice. In addition, when we were off between Christmas and New Years, the owner reprimanded the entire staff because we actually took it off. Be careful (if you decide to work for this company) and make sure you keep copious notes on your daily activities because you will at some point have to reference this information.

Simple advice: Be respectful and stop verbally assaulting your staff.

Avoid this company at all costs.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Overland Park, KS
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

I worked at AAPC Publishing

Pros

The information they publish is helpful.

Cons

Very volatile environment. 80% turnover annually for at least the past several years.

Treat people with respect.

Worked for AAPC Publishing? Contribute to the Community!