AAPC Reviews

15 reviews filtered by
2.9
CEO

1. Growing!

I have been working at AAPC full-time

Pros

Management, benefits, free onsite lunch, uncapped commissions, attainable goals/quotas

Cons

Change in direction has some employees overwhelmed.

Headed in the right direction!

Stay far far away from this place! Coward leadership everything's been outsourced to India.

I worked at AAPC full-time

Pros

There is a lot of amazing and intellectual folks working there. Sadly most of them have been fired or let go due to their "global plan" Or jobs going to India.

Cons

Coward leadership no sense of direction or vision. Their benefits are not the best. Leadership is constantly threatening everyone about their jobs being transitioned to India. they're constantly wanting to make money that they are cutting corners anywhere that they can. Their products are no longer solid.

There is no advice they pretty much have done everything to ruin his company. They are too coward to stand up to its owner who is only focused on bottom line. they have a very young CEO who hides in his office every day and only come out to make sure that you're sitting at your desk, past five. Sadly I used to have faith in him.

3. Buyer beware!

I have been working at AAPC full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great story to get you hired on.

Cons

Management can't be trusted. You are less than a number.

Be honest with new hires.

Careful what you get into!

I worked at AAPC

Pros

Free lunch, membership discounts, training courses

Cons

Terrible communication, leadership, lack of marketing support. No loyalties. You are a number that is easily expendable. Promises are made but never kept. Constant change and turnover. Stay away!

6. Dishonest leadership

I worked at AAPC full-time (more than a year)

Pros

It is easy to get hired here due to high attrition rates.

Cons

Dishonest management team. Low pay. Poorly designed support infrastructure. Doesn't care about clients. Worst employer I've ever had.

Repent

7. Make sure you're on solid ground

I worked at AAPC full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Very Compeitive Salary and commissions

Cons

Not very organized....commission structure changes A LOT and so do the territiories

Training your employees and committtin to them is important

8. AAPC is a okay place to work not happy with reduction in staff..

Former Employee - Team Lead in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Team Lead in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at AAPC full-time (less than a year)

Pros

free lunch, pay was okay, close to down town and the AIRPORT.

Cons

quick to reduce staff not giving enough time to develop and poor decisions when it comes to the reduction in staff, quick to keep tenured leads but not the top performing like myself.

make better decisions with reduction in staff.

Bottom line is all that matters

Former Employee - --- in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - --- in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at AAPC full-time (more than a year)

Pros

There are some plus sides to working at AAPC. They provide free lunch just about every day in the form of a well stocked kitchen, and there are occasional seasonal parties (as long as you return to your desk afterwards). They have a 'fitness center' (a room with some exercise equipment) you can make use of. Depending on what team you're on there are some really cool people there...or at least there used to be. A large portion of their competent workforce are bailing as fast as they can find other jobs.

Cons

Honestly, AAPC doesn't care much about its employees. There is little to no loyalty to the employees who run the day to day operations. There is a constant voiced threat that anyone can be replaced by people in India for a fraction of the cost. There are a lot of resources poured into the new sales team (about a year and a half old) while the rest of the company are left to struggle with old equipment, teams in india, and outrageous revenue goals placed on the company by the owner, who visits maybe once a year. The management polices in office socializing, so though you might work with people you'd like to get to know, you must do so on your own time.

The company morale is low, and it has been promised for years now that it will improve. It certainly hasn't, and there has been virtually no visible efforts to make this company a place that competent people want to work. You have so many people leaving because people who are good at their jobs aren't willing to put up with it, and you have had to lay off so many people who have worked there for a decade or more because they are the only people who are willing to stick around in such circumstances. Morale may be a 'state of mind', and India may be cheaper, but when your entire company hates coming to work (and clocks out at five sharp despite rumblings that the CEO makes comments on it) and you can't reach your revenue goals despite the lowered outsourced costs...the only direction your company is moving is down.

Also get an HR department, for heavens sake. You have more than 100 employees and no HR, it's ridiculous.

10. Interesting work invironment

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in West Valley City, UT
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in West Valley City, UT

I worked at AAPC full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The company is growing fairly quick in the medical coding field, and their current sales force is growing at a rapid rate.

Cons

The sales force is less than a year old so it is very bumpy with many new hires and fires.

Stop hiring from a third party, it causes the value of the positions to decrease.

11. Getting Even Better Every Day

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at AAPC full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great co-workers
    I get along great with the people around me. We've had a lot of fun together outside of work on many occasions.

Lots of employee perks
    Free lunches (and bagels/toast for breakfast), in-house gym, a lot of people can work remotely, a good amount of PTO & holidays off, open door policy with management, etc.

Outstanding management efforts to make constant improvements
    A recent initiative involves about 60 employees volunteering time to brainstorm ways to improve the company. This has not only been sanctioned by upper management, but it's even being fully supported by those same leaders. Just about every workplace is bound to have challenges that rub some people the wrong way, but I've never worked anywhere that has actively tackled those challenges like AAPC is.

Convenient location
    Right off the 201 freeway, 5 minutes from the airport (helpful to leave your car in the work parking lot when heading out of town), right off Bangerter Highway, close to downtown.

Opportunity for advancement
    Hard work pays. I've been with the company about 6 years and I've climbed the ladder towards a career I enjoy and a much more accommodating pay (more than twice what I started at).

Cons

We stay very, very busy!

Keep doing what you're doing to make improvements. That kind of investment back in the company will pay off in spades.