AAPC Reviews

3.6
Jason Vanden Akker

1. Excellent Opportunities for Growth and Learning

I have been working at AAPC

Pros

great management team, not afraid of change, ambitious plans for the future, and free lunch doesn't hurt either.

Cons

With growth, comes pain; but we are managing through it. The best advice I can give is to hold on tight and go with it.

Advice to Management

Keep up the improvements in communication, and transparency. There are a couple of managers that could learn a thing or two about learning to keep up with the changes and not slowing us down.

2. Not the best, probably not the worst

Current Employee - Tactical Sales Representative in Taylorsville, UT
    Current Employee - Tactical Sales Representative in Taylorsville, UT

I have been working at AAPC (More than a year)

Pros

The ability to earn unlimited commission and they have a free salad and sandwich bar all day.

Cons

The management is new to their jobs and doesn't know what they are doing. Real talent and sales skills are not recognized, only your sales numbers matters.

Advice to Management

Pay closer attention to who is taking orders and who is making sales.

Jun 16, 2015Sr. Marketing Communications Manager

Thank you for your review. We continually strive to make AAPC a better place for our employees. Your feedback will help us get there. Please know that your comments are seen and will be used to help ... More

Medical Sales Rep

Current Employee - Medical Sales Representative in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Medical Sales Representative in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at AAPC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This company has a great work environment in a meaningful field. You feel good about what you do and you know you are helping people. It's nice to work very hard and have your paycheck correlate to the work you put in. There is a lot of room to grow within the company. The culture is fun, upbeat and creative. This company is on the edge of making some very big moves! I love this job and would recommend it to anyone. Also, there is free lunch everyday which is a huge benefit.

Cons

Sometimes the noise on the sales floor is pretty loud but this is getting resolved in the near future.

5. Fantastic!

Current Employee - Sales in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Sales in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at AAPC full-time

Pros

Best people, flexible and adaptable environment, strong leadership team, big opportunities to make a difference and grow within the company.

Cons

Growing fast, it is difficult many times to stay on top of all the madness that is going on in the healthcare industry and with many opportunities to provide products and services it is challenging to have all the right resources and tools as well as the right people in place to take care of it all. Even with the right people, sometimes all the resources are not available.

Advice to Management

More communication with those who don't communicate well, even if it needs to be forced at first. Show the benefits of what communicating the right things will do long-term.

6. Manager

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at AAPC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

AAPC is a growing company especially in the B2B side of the business. Great opportunity to learn the healthcare industry. As a manager I've been able to influence change and I feel my ideas are heard. My team members are also given the ability to get involved in training, campaign creation, and provide input regarding the incentive programs. Though we have had growing pains, I think we do a good job of learning from our mistakes. Also, I like we try to fill open positions from internal sources before going to outside candidates. Training is also provided.

Cons

We've experienced growing pains and unfortunately employees have been affected by that. It did create a culture of fear that was really hard to overcome.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to the feedback and ideas from employees. Sometimes management can work in a vacuum and getting outside of that vacuum and listening to what the front line employees hear, see, and feel is the best way to ensure that the course we are on is headed in the right direction.

7. Great company to work for

I have been working at AAPC

Pros

This is a very fun, challenging, growth oriented environment. Strong performers thrive here. It is a merit based culture. The company is growing rapidly and there are a lot of opportunities. It is the most fun I have had in a role in a long time.

Cons

Lots of challenges which make coming to work each day fun and exciting.

8. You can love it and you can hate it all at the same time.

I worked at AAPC full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The lunches are covered usually soup or salad bar. The pay can be very competitive if you are being hired in an area in which the company is expanding. Most of the people here are absolutely amazing and they were one of the main reasons I personally stayed as long as I did. The company can be very accommodating when it comes to schedules as long as you meet your goals and completed your assigned tasks. I give the company 5 stars because working with those in the trenches can make it great. They most genuine people you will ever meet. For those looking to get into the sales team, they will compensate you well if you do well.

Cons

The main downside is that the company is changing, everything was proprietary but they moving away from that. In that sense it loses some of its entrepreneurial culture which allowed the company to grow into what it has become. Change is not always a bad thing but in the management of their goals toward globalization they can sometimes forget who the people who actually allow them to prosper are.

Advice to Management

Get to know your employees, everything is not always about metrics. Quantitative analysis is not the beginning and end of your entire business. Increasing customer value and satisfaction, as well as, employee well being will allow this company to grow into something great.

9. Growing!

I have been working at AAPC full-time

Pros

Management, benefits, free onsite lunch, uncapped commissions, attainable goals/quotas

Cons

Change in direction has some employees overwhelmed.

Advice to Management

Headed in the right direction!

Stay far far away from this place! Coward leadership everything's been outsourced to India.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at AAPC full-time

Pros

There is a lot of amazing and intellectual folks working there. Sadly most of them have been fired or let go due to their "global plan" Or jobs going to India.

Cons

Coward leadership no sense of direction or vision. Their benefits are not the best. Leadership is constantly threatening everyone about their jobs being transitioned to India. they're constantly wanting to make money that they are cutting corners anywhere that they can. Their products are no longer solid.

Advice to Management

There is no advice they pretty much have done everything to ruin his company. They are too coward to stand up to its owner who is only focused on bottom line. they have a very young CEO who hides in his office every day and only come out to make sure that you're sitting at your desk, past five. Sadly I used to have faith in him.

May 4, 2015Sr. Marketing Communications Manager

Thank you for your review. We're sorry your experience at AAPC was not a positive one. We have grown significantly over the past few years requiring new processes and organizational changes to better ... More

11. Buyer beware!

I have been working at AAPC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great story to get you hired on.

Cons

Management can't be trusted. You are less than a number.

Advice to Management

Be honest with new hires.

May 4, 2015Sr. Marketing Communications Manager

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We’re sorry you believe your employment experience was not positive. AAPC’s rapid growth has required a series of modifications in how we operate ... More

RSS Feed </> Embed