AAR

AAR – Miami – “Miami”

AAR Chairman and CEO David P. Storch

David P. Storch

8 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

It's a circus with no ringleader @ Indianapolis.

Electrical Technician (Former Employee)
    Indianapolis, IN

ProsGreat people to work with for the most part. People are willing to help you out when your lost or don't understand your assignment. HR department is impressive. I have to give a bow to the leads at AAR you guys try so hard to make things go smoothly.

ConsContractors are considered spare parts and disposable. Paper work is a mess. You have to complete the same check over and over because its written in so many different task. Some of the permanent workers at ARR just want to collect a pay check they don't care about taking pride in their work.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a day off from the office and tag along with a worker to see how hard it really is to accomplish a task. Or if your qualify do a task, you may find that its not possible some days to get anything accomplish. Get rid of that meeting right before shift starts. That meeting is not for your regular workers its more of a management meeting.

not good

R/E Technician (Former Employee)
    Indianapolis, IN

Prosgreat on the job experience

ConsGood ole boys run this place into the ground, no room for promotion,or compensation and if you are not caucasian forget any type of leadership position.

Advice to Senior Managementget new management!!

Good and Bad

Administrative (Current Employee)
    Indianapolis, IN

ProsAAR has some amazing benefits -- Tuition Reimbursement, generous health insurance, ample vacation and sick leave. The programs are there -- it's up to you to use them.

ConsIt all comes down to who your immediate supervisor is. As with any large organization AAR has some good and some bad. When you are assigned to work for one of the more challenging people, it's up to you to find a way. I suggest taking advantage of the tuition reimbursement program to gain skills that enable you to move on either inside or outside of the company. Education is one thing that no one can take from you!

Advice to Senior ManagementTo the challenging ones -- stop micro managing your people. Let them find their own way and let them know that you are there to help if they need you. Trust your people and get out of their way.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Lost in the sauce.

Indianapolis, IN

ProsPay check is always on time.

ConsF.O.R's are moving into Indy. "Friends of Rick"
    Lack of advancement regardless what HR says. Buddy system gets you advanced.
    Constant change of upper management that results in constant changes to work schedules.
    Management has no interest in their employees.
    Thankless job.
    Management is reactive not proactive.
    AAR hire and rehire people I wouldn't let work on hot wheels, let alone an airplane.
    Quality mechanics are dwindling.
    Most docks have a doom and gloom feeling.
    Moral is low.

Advice to Senior ManagementCare about the people you are responsible for.
    Lead by example instead off barking out orders.

Uneasy, Never sure if I will be able to keep employment.

Sheet Metal Tech (Current Employee)
    Indianapolis, IN

ProsA State of the art facility, and lots of good mechanics with a diverse group of aircraft and customers. Entry level positions.

ConsBad aircraft scheduling leads to lots of mandatory overtime and then getting sent home due to no work. Low rate of pay compared to other MROs.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to plan A/C's better to reduce downtime and uncertainty.

DEAD END (JOB) NOT A CAREER!

Mechanic/Sheetmetal (Current Employee)
    Indianapolis, IN

ProsThe co-workers are the best thing the company has to offer! They have to do tons of paper work befor they can fire you so you can make there lifes miserable for about a month lol... seen it happen.

ConsThey literly hire retards to work on air planes (DELTA, SWA, and United Air LInes) I could not beleave the employees they hire in! They pay no exsperiance workers $12.55hr and they dont care at all!!!! Then they will make you walk a mile from ur car to your hanger an not pay you for it but exspect you to be there ready to nock out all job cards they had you!! MOST leads are LAZY and just want the day to end and dont care about ur questions!

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your Employees like the are humans and PAY THEM WHAT THERE WORTH!!!!!

Used, abused and underpaid

Indianapolis, IN

ProsIt is a job. Great co-workers. Decent health and dental, tution rembursement. Indoor work for the most part. A variety of work to do.

ConsNo leadership, constantly reinventing the wheel, disorganized, no communication from management, poor workers allowed to slide, good workers are worked to death, worn out equipment that is constantly breaking and at times dangerous. High turnover. Understaffed.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe straight forward with employees. Stop letting good workers leave (pay better) and replacing them with inexperienced or incompent workers. Invest in the company (upgrade and replace outdated equipment).

Great place to start.

Aviation Maintenance Technician (Current Employee)
    Indianapolis, IN

ProsHired with no on the job experience. Willing to train a good student fresh out of school. Good training program.

ConsStarting pay is not as much as I would have liked to start at. It seems that only second and third shifts are available.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what the company is doing with molding new mechanics and take care of them once they progress into proficient mechanics.

Worked for AAR? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AAR reviews and ratings in Indianapolis, IN — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for AAR CEO David P. Storch. All 8 reviews posted anonymously by AAR employees.