AAR

AAR – Miami – “Miami”

AAR – Miami – “Miami”

AAR Chairman and CEO David P. Storch

David P. Storch

Pros
  • Good pay Good benefits and very flexible schedule (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management holds you responsible for everything and employees blame you for everything (in 5 reviews)

• Low pay, hard to move up, low morale (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Working at AAR

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThey do a lot of good things for their employees, great lunch and learns, benefits are good..

ConsLike any other place AAR can be a good place to work for if you land in the right department and not so much if you don't. Watch the people you interview with carefully if you are considering working there. Listen to your gut if someone you could potentially work for doesn't seem like a good match for you.

Disappointment

Software Developer (Current Employee) Wood Dale, IL

ProsManagers hire far too many people and the budgets are blown and people are laid of

ConsAlmost impossible to be promoted and have personal growth............

Advice to Senior ManagementGet down from the sky.

Good pay and benefits

Lead (Former Employee) Miami, FL

ProsGood pay Good benefits and very flexible schedule. Supervisors are friendly and helpful. Vacation benefits mostly positive working culture.

ConsGossipy employees almost like middle school girls. Sometimes too many hours. The raises are not the best. As of late the job security hasn't been the same since when I started.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork on communication with employees

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

An decent place to work, but won't win any awards.

Buyer (Former Employee)

ProsGreat healthcare (as of 2010). Annual golf tournament (in OKC). At the time, they were working on ironing out the problems in Indianapolis...don't know how that played out.

ConsFelt kind of like a government job with less benefits and security. Didn't seem to be a lot of opportunity for advancement unless you wanted to move to Chicago (HQ).

Former Employee

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Goldsboro, NC

ProsSmall town environment. Cheap housing in some areas. Fair shopping conveniences. Just off a highway so fair access to Raleigh (1-1/2 to 2 hours away).

ConsEverything! Nobody except Quality cares about any quality. All other functional manager fight among themselves and blame all the problems they create on Quality. Management constantly fights and points fingers at each other. Contractors are worked to death, with excessive overtime, while full-time employees are paid much lower wages (in the 25 percentile of equivalent salaries for similar aerospace jobs in NC. For several years, they didn't have an HR Manager, and the former GM was only there part-time because he came out of retirement until they found someone willing to take the GM role - which took several years. Most managers are only concerned about either bringing parts in form suppliers on-time, even though they are not inspected by the supplier; or shipping product that is not conforming, just to meet the on-time shipping date. Most people I knew while I worked there were continually looking for another job to get out of the AAR Cargo circus..

Advice to Senior ManagementAct like a team, and like you care about the employees instead of just yourself!

not good

R/E Technician (Former Employee) Indianapolis, IN

Prosgreat on the job experience

ConsGood ole boys run this place into the ground, no room for promotion,or compensation and if you are not caucasian forget any type of leadership position.

Advice to Senior Managementget new management!!

Not fun, hope you like begging for work and getting pooled every week. Contractors getting 70+ hours directs called off

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFacility is/was one of the best. Rumor to be ripping out the structured docks to pack more planes in. Good wage if you negotiate coming in. But they will low ball. Benefits are okay, most of the mechanics are nice.

ConsNo structure and the "Peter Principal" is rampant. Supervisors and managers have no training and no business being in the position. Hope you like getting yelled at, degraded and left to find your own work. Good ole boy club is in full effect. Its not how well you do your job its who you know, and who 's rear end you kiss. Seriously you have no idea when, where, for who or on what plane you are going to work, that is IF you don't get sent home. No new contracts and they lose them as fast as they get them. They constantly allow bad behavior to continue.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet it together. Treat your directs better. Get some real supervisors and managers not your friends from the hangar.

WOW is all I cant say!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThere are a few good people in this company.

ConsIf you’re not white or an older man you will be overlooked. If you’re a woman forget it, walk out the door! If you enjoy being degraded, ignored, given no direction and yelled at by management then this is the place for you. I once had a manager assign a task, he was unreachable while travelling but demanded the project be done. I had to find my own resources and finished the job. When the project was completed and a success I was talked to by my manager in front of a circle of male managers. I was yelled at for making waves, In other words going around him to find my answers. None of those male managers stood up for me and just let the manager degrade me. I reached out to HR and nothing was done. In the end it was better to leave.

Advice to Senior ManagementFire all the old men and get with the times. I’d also consider revising your EEO policy or you might just find yourself a lawsuit one day for harassment and discrimination.

It's a circus with no ringleader @ Indianapolis.

Electrical Technician (Former Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsGreat people to work with for the most part. People are willing to help you out when your lost or don't understand your assignment. HR department is impressive. I have to give a bow to the leads at AAR you guys try so hard to make things go smoothly.

ConsContractors are considered spare parts and disposable. Paper work is a mess. You have to complete the same check over and over because its written in so many different task. Some of the permanent workers at ARR just want to collect a pay check they don't care about taking pride in their work.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a day off from the office and tag along with a worker to see how hard it really is to accomplish a task. Or if your qualify do a task, you may find that its not possible some days to get anything accomplish. Get rid of that meeting right before shift starts. That meeting is not for your regular workers its more of a management meeting.

Great ideas, motivated people, low rewards

ProsLearning a lot about the industry. Great exposure to immediate deals, top management and continuous training.

ConsLow pay, hard to move up, low morale. Management is constantly changing processes, these changes don't necessarily add value and end up with layoffs.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to do better job at keeping morale, increasing sales.

Worked for AAR? Contribute to the Community!