AARC Environmental

Add Photos

Kenny Chainanis

Great Place to Work and Learn

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsThis is a great place to expand your knowledge of environmental health and safety regulations. The company is expanding and is always looking for talented professionals. You will have the opportunity to work in diverse industries.

ConsThere is some travel required for most employees.

Long hours, lots of travel, but learned a lot

Environmental Specialist (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsI learned a lot about environmental regulations. I did not have to sit at a desk from 9-5. It was a good first job.

ConsThe hours are long, especially considering the low pay. Salaried workers do not receive overtime, so managers do not care about piling on more work and making you stay late. You often have to travel for days with little or no notice. You have to pay out of pocket for gas, meals, and hotels when travelling and then wait weeks or months to be reimbursed.

Advice to Senior Managementprovide better work/life balance, pay expenses quicker or provide better advances, plan better for travel

Be cautious!

Project Coordinator (Former Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsAs an environmental consulting firm that provides compliance-related services, they seem to have a good concept. Managers appear smart and informed.

ConsNew hires should not get comfortable, even when getting positive feedback. AARC's reputation in the industry is as a company that does not value or respect employees, and rightly so.

Advice to Senior ManagementForemost, be honest with your staff. Also? Rely less on 2x/week Skype meetings. You spend 20 minutes each meeting just saying "Can you hear me?" and end up going to conference call service 80% of the time. Not very efficient.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Not a good place to work

Environmental Specialist (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsTo understand how a shrewd business operates.

ConsUnderstaffed, unfair, personal life has no value. Expect to travel 80% or more, when it will be pitched as 40 to 50%. If you don't choose to be best friends with the boss and attending bar visits and drinking, it will effect how you are treated in the work place.

Advice to Senior ManagementStaff up, and pay your employees fairly.

Worked for AARC Environmental? Contribute to the Community!