ABB (United States)

ABB (United States) Reviews in Cary, NC

Updated Apr 21, 2014

ABB (United States) Region Manager North America ABB Inc. Greg Scheu

Greg Scheu

Pros
  • good work-life balance, good co-workers, good facilities(in 4 reviews)

• Good personal growth, good working environment(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Management team does not understand the connection between performance and compensation(in 4 reviews)

• Large, slow change,complex organization(in 3 reviews)

11 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Management is open to new ideas, processes, and systems to make the company more efficient.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Cary, NC

ProsThe knowledge you bring is viewed as a positive not as a negative.
    The pay/vacation time is competitive.
    Company realizes change is needed and willing to invest the time/money/training.

ConsIn certain areas, there are too many systems/processes in place.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to strive to bring in the ABB companies under the ABB umbrella.

Great Company to Work For

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Cary, NC

ProsVery stable industry with a very friendly environment.

ConsIt can be a little too dynamic - there are many policy changes rolled out in a short period of time, making Standard Operating Procedures difficult to understand.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider more practical technology solutions and business operations procedures to make things run as efficiently and effectively as possible.

ABB good company for some

Senior Level (Former Employee) Cary, NC

ProsLeading edge products, very good co-workers, cool company

ConsVery poor management team and individual managers. Crushing amounts of administrative work lack of support or concern. There is a deaf ear to most requests for anything.
    Vindictive managers that can and will seek retribution against those to stand up and speak out.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou should take a look at and ask why is there so much turnover and turmoil in your NA HRC and TA team. Here is a hint don't ask the people who manage it ask the people who have to make it happen.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Not a good place to work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Cary, NC

ProsThere aren't any pros to working at ABB

ConsEverything about this company is a con. Worst company I have ever worked for in the 25 years I have been in the work force.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't listen, Don't change, Won't fix what is broken, Don't care................

Needs work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Cary, NC

ProsGood salaries and retirement benefits

ConsMany managers are not qualified to do their jobs. They sold the job to me with glossy terms and big ideas but once in the job I realized most people weren't qualified to do the jobs they were assigned and there was no accountability. It quickly became apparent that they would not be able to keep the promises they made tome about future advancements. Large, slow change,complex organization. May be a good place for engineers but not for corporate folks.

Advice to Senior ManagementHold people accountable for their jobs and follow through on promises you make.

Refreshing to see company focus on employees

Senior Sourcing and Branding Team (Current Employee) Cary, NC

ProsUS is seen as a growth market!!!!!!!!!
    Company has a real vested interest and focus on it's employees and provides continuous training to better equipment them with the tools they need to enhance their career growth.
    Coming from a LARGE IT company that had lost this exact focus completely, this has experience been a breathe of fresh air!

ConsI honestly have not seen many cons with this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue open lines of communication, mentor your teams and grow from within!

Great Leadership, Great Company

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Cary, NC

Prosleadership open and receptive to new ideas

Consno cons at this time

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to welcome new ideas

Company based on honesty, but too complex organization

Automation Engineer (Current Employee) Cary, NC

ProsEthic company, strong principles, very global and with opportunities.

ConsComplex organization, slow to make changes

Advice to Senior ManagementWe should promote people more for competencies and merits then seniority and personal friendship. There is a lot of incompetent people working with big teams because of personal reasons, not because they desire the position.

ABB Shared Accounting Services Department (SAS)

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Cary, NC

ProsIt's a job with a decent salary. Annual bonuses. Convenient location off of freeway.

ConsManagement is very untrustworthy and rude to its employees. Unnecessary long hours when there is very little going on.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart trusting and empowering your employees rather than doubting them if you want to get quality work and production.

Great Salary

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Cary, NC

ProsMoney is excellent for the level of work expected
    Compensation is not standard -- employees can negotiate compensation to their advantage

ConsCompensation is not uniform among employees
    Senior employees are highly compensated
    Bonuses may not be directly linked to individual performance

Advice to Senior ManagementPay should be directly linked to individual performance, health benefits should be competitive in the market, invest in wellness activities

Worked for ABB (United States)? Contribute to the Community!