ABB (United States)

ABB (United States) Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

ABB (United States) Region Manager North America ABB Inc. Greg Scheu

Greg Scheu

Pros
  • good work-life balance, good co-workers, good facilities(in 4 reviews)

• Good personal growth, good working environment(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Management team does not understand the connection between performance and compensation(in 4 reviews)

• Large, slow change,complex organization(in 3 reviews)

Missing the boat

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe people are great and have good intentions.

ConsThe leaders are lost. Very hypocritical and back stabbing. Always with a fake smile. Not recommended to a honest and hard working person with a family.

Advice to Senior ManagementChange your leaders or be more up to date on whats going on in the US.

ABB is a great compny to work for

Quality Manager (Current Employee) Auburn Hills, MI

ProsFlexible hours, great salary, integrity orientated, employee focused, team building focused

Consmedical benifits are not that great

Management is open to new ideas, processes, and systems to make the company more efficient.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Cary, NC

ProsThe knowledge you bring is viewed as a positive not as a negative.
    The pay/vacation time is competitive.
    Company realizes change is needed and willing to invest the time/money/training.

ConsIn certain areas, there are too many systems/processes in place.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to strive to bring in the ABB companies under the ABB umbrella.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Company to Work For

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Cary, NC

ProsVery stable industry with a very friendly environment.

ConsIt can be a little too dynamic - there are many policy changes rolled out in a short period of time, making Standard Operating Procedures difficult to understand.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider more practical technology solutions and business operations procedures to make things run as efficiently and effectively as possible.

Engineer

ProsGood personal growth, good working environment

Consnothing special here, everything is fine

Deceptively good reputation

Administrative (Current Employee) Raleigh, NC

ProsCompetitive salaries, depending on the department

ConsABB is monstrously monstrous, you are treated like a number. Based in Europe, working at ABB feels like you are a tiny remote colony, under the direction of the mother land. It is extremely hierarchal environment where executives will complain if someone below them talks to them directly vs going through their admin or other management. If you work as a contractor you're treated at a sub-employee level. Time, time flexibility, work at home options that regular employee have do not apply to contractors. Movement of jobs from within seems to have completely stopped.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate ABB-US where the environment can be distinctly US based, less hierarchal and more open door - to all. Make a policy to treat contractors better, giving them the same time flexibility their direct employed associates have.

Great Career and Exciting Work

ProsGlobal presence. Great opportunities. Strong leaders.

Consnone to speak of at this time.

Very good, I worked as a Contract site Manager for Substations.

Site Manager for Substations (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsGood jobs, good Pay, Good Personal to work with.

Consall jobs are out of town, Hard to work on the Road.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper management needs to take with the Field Personal and listen to what the field manager are saying sum times.

ABB good company for some

Senior Level (Former Employee) Cary, NC

ProsLeading edge products, very good co-workers, cool company

ConsVery poor management team and individual managers. Crushing amounts of administrative work lack of support or concern. There is a deaf ear to most requests for anything.
    Vindictive managers that can and will seek retribution against those to stand up and speak out.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou should take a look at and ask why is there so much turnover and turmoil in your NA HRC and TA team. Here is a hint don't ask the people who manage it ask the people who have to make it happen.

I learned a lot as a former employee at ABB

Machine Build Leader (Former Employee) Auburn Hills, MI

ProsABB has a good benefit package.work to life balance is not real good for the production workers. position in management may not be to bad

ConsABB lets there in house employees treat the contractors working for them like they are not part of the team.But only as a tool to get a project done.

Advice to Senior Managementtalk with your leaders about treating the contractors the same as in house employees. Don't make promises you don't intend to keep. Don't lie to employees to get more out of them it will only backfire later.

Worked for ABB (United States)? Contribute to the Community!