ABC Imaging

Updated Jun 20, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Medi Falsafi

Pros
  • If you work in IT you pretty much get thrown to the wolves fast and you get to learn a lot in the process(in 2 reviews)

• The employees are very nice except for the leadership/management(in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • Sales obsessed upper-management (VPs) implement wishy-washy sales goals(in 9 reviews)

• Everyone works long hours and recieves no recognition or acknowledgement(in 5 reviews)

Can Gain a lot of experience fast but it is a Horrible, Horrible, Horrible Place to work

FM Engineer (Former Employee) Washington, DC

ProsIf you work in IT you pretty much get thrown to the wolves fast and you get to learn a lot in the process. They have a lot of under appreciated great workers. You can gain a lot of experience with printers/servers really fast, but you will have to learn on your own

ConsWell this is going to be a much more expansive list than the Pros. Most importantly there are a lot of incredible people that have been working for a while, but instead of appreciating these people they are taken advantage of over worked, way under paid and under appreciated. When I was there we would regularly work 80 to over 100 hours a week and receive no overtime bonus or even a pat on the back. There is a lot of travel involved, but they make the travel as miserable as possible. They only give you 40 dollars a day to spend in New York, LA or Kansas City. If you end up driving your own car they only pay 30 cents a mile (That is if they ever pay you). They will not pay for rental cars even if one is necessary and turning in expense reports is such a chore that I have known people to eat the cost rather than to just turn it in.

When I was there they constantly hired people who didn't understand the business to manage positions that they knew nothing about rather than hiring from within. There was one year where I went through 4 Managers and each one was worse than the next. Finally they had someone working production managing the IT department. That was the last straw for me.

Benefits are non existent. If you have a family you have to pay over 1000 (that's over a thousand) out of pocket for just insurance. Many people in the company don't even make that much a month.

The owner has a bill of rights that states that the company answer is always yes to client demands, but at the same time the owner and management tell the workers that they need to to convince the client what they should want. If that doesn't make sense to you I thought the same thing the first time I heard it.

The ownership and management are big believers in one sided loyalty. All employees must remain loyal to the company while management and the ownership cut pay by 7 % indiscriminately lay people off, treat people like dirt, and hire people from outside with no experience in the industry to tell the people that have been keeping the company going how things should be done. Forgot to mention that the company had to cut pay during hard economic times for all employees, but at the same time they had money to open up offices in Denver and Philadelphia which were bound to lose money on top of all of the money that would have to be dumped in to purchase the new shops.

Advice to Senior ManagementWake UP!!!
    I would ask management to think about how many talented hard working loyal employees have to leave before you realize you can't treat everyone like dirt and expect the world out of them. There has to be some give and take and not all take and no give.

Great

FM Manager (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsPay,PTO,No overtime,Competant staff, Fm Site no micro managing

ConsSlow on raises, Raises non existent

Advice to Senior ManagementThe economy is not hurting ABC Imaging. We open at new loactions acroos the United States and abroad. I am growing tired if companies using the Hey IN This Economy You Should Feel Lucky to Have A Job. No the company shouls feel licky to have me as a employee.

no raise in 3 yrs + 7% cut in pay= discouraged work ethic by all

Management (Current Employee) Washington, DC

ProsA paycheck is the only pro. And some of the people I have met at work have become good friends.

ConsWell the company doesnt compensate employees. reviews stopped & no matter what your performance is- you will not be rewareded. Management doesnt listen. frequent phone calls occur by upper management yellng & putting you down. There is no feeling of support. No consistent help. The CEO thinks everyone should be so happy to have a job that he thinks they will never leave. The economy is used as an excuse to decrease pay, decrease benefits, etc. It is sad. Employees have no incentive to do better. Everyone works long hours and recieves no recognition or acknowledgement. Everyone I work with is looking for a better job & cant wait to leave abc. meanwhile the ceo is building fancy homes, driving fancy cars while employees have not recieved any of 7% back or had a raise in years. sales staff are declined all commissions. general manager is a dictator that uses fear to keep you in place. he berades you, demeans you & strips us all of any confidence.

I wish i could say better things but my experiences have tarnished my outlook. ABC managers are greedy and emplyees are so underpaid that it wont be long before all the good staff have left for better jobs that appreciate talent and hard work.

Advice to Senior ManagementPAY YOUR STAFF! Give reviews. Give incentive for people to STAY with ABC. It looks bad when turn over of staff is high & frequent!!! If there are new people rotating through positions all the time, it looks BAD. Clients KNOW and can feel that ABC employees are dissatisfied!! Boost morale & give your employyes better wages! Stop yelling at your lower management. treat people with R E S P E C T. Diversity is good but when you treat people like you are still in a country of dictatorship you will be resented. Promote from within. recognize the employees that have been loyal & stuck around!!! Give back to the sweat that built that fancy house!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Horrible company to work for

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Washington, DC

Pros-Great group of people
    -Great and interesting work
    -Company used to be ok to work at (like 8 years ago)

Cons-Long hours and no comp time, pay cut when company is doing well and if financially sound
    -Laughable benefits, the worse in the market
    -Management trying to squeeze as much work out of you without giving anything back
    -Run like a mom and pop shop. No clear and long term vision or goals. Penny pinchers.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere is no advices to be given, nothing will change unless mangement is replaced. The people change but the philosophy is still the same...

horrible place to work ever..

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Washington, DC

ProsOnly one thing I can say is there are a lot of work to do..

ConsThere are a lot of work to do, but couldn't do that even nobody try to touch issues.
    horrible benefit such as vacation, sick leave, insurance stuff and etc..
    Extreme micro-management.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed more open mind and should hear from people.
    Employees need to be Impressed sometimes.

Good

Prosgood work-life balance, great co workers and good location

Consno growth, low pay and repetitive work

Good

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Cao Bằng, Cao Bằng (Vietnam)

Prosmax salary , work life balance

ConsManagement , need to be more serious in decisions

exciting and alot of fun; great teamwork

Business Development Coordinator (Former Employee)

Prosflexibility and insight of mgt to execute strategic plans

Consmore benefits to the staffs

Advice to Senior Managementnil

FM Manager

ProsNone... most people in my posistion don't try to excel cause the pay wouldn't be worth the work. They work on the "don't rock the boat" philosophy.

ConsNo raise (not even cost of living ) in the two + years I've been here, and currently there I'm paying for insurance that the HR department says I have but the insurance companies say they never heard of the company let alone myself.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou want you worker to sell more, pitch more and go above and beyond their job? Well then you need to give them some incentive to do so.

Amazing place to work

ProsGood people to work with, great facilities

ConsNot many things to say. Enjoyed everyday working

Worked for ABC Imaging? Contribute to the Community!