ABC Imaging

Updated Jun 20, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Medi Falsafi

Pros
  • If you work in IT you pretty much get thrown to the wolves fast and you get to learn a lot in the process(in 2 reviews)

• The employees are very nice except for the leadership/management(in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • Sales obsessed upper-management (VPs) implement wishy-washy sales goals(in 9 reviews)

• Everyone works long hours and recieves no recognition or acknowledgement(in 5 reviews)

I work at heaquarters in an admin capacity

ProsLocation of hq. I love my dept and most of the people work with.

Consdirection of he company is always changing.

Don't go there if you have other options

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsHardly any, and they depend on the department and who you know in the company.

ConsMake sure you read the previous reviews as they are telling you everything bad to expect in this company, i ignored the warnings going in, and i was shocked to find out they were not exaggerations.
    What i can tell you for sure is that the salaries and benefits are the worst on the job market, but again some employees are given better salaries than others depending on who you know when coming on board.
    Your treatment will depend on how close you are to the decision makers, there is no such thing as "equal treatment for all", you will never be appreciated for your contribution, you will be spied on by one of your coworkers whose job is to report to upper management who is doing what, and you will be judged according to what the spy says about you. In the hiring process they will promiss you salary raises, once hired you are constantly threatened with loosing your job just so you don't even think of asking for raise. In other words, salary raises are not an option unless if you are close to upper management and are comfortable leaking their boots on a daily basis. Except for a selected group of managers who hire and fire at will, nobody is happy working for this company. everyone is stressed out all the time because they know they can be fired the coming Friday, or the next Friday, or the next one, Fridays are the most stressful days for ABC Imaging employees. I you are looking for peace of mind, competitive salary and benefits, fairness, appreciation for hard work, grow and advancement opportunities, then this place will just be a waste of time for you. But if you just need a stepping stone until you can land the next big opportunity then you don't have much to loose beside your temper.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you don't wake up and change the way you treat your employees, soon you will only find desperate people to hire, and even they will only stay temporarily because the situation is unbearable.
    You are allowing this place to be driven to the ground, you just don't see it yet.

You're just a cog

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsA paycheck. Substandard health insurance.

ConsNo future, no incentives, uncaring management. micro-management, dying industry.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Stressful

ProsThere are no pros. Do your research.

ConsBenefits, expected to work during inclement weather, no retirement matching

The work is good but the management structure is attrocious.

Prosthe work is pretty straight forward when supplies are available.

ConsConflicts of interest in hiring
    Extreme micro magnagement
    Most orders are "rush" orders. too many priveledged customers. no consideration for walk-ins.
    Late hours if work comes in last minute.
    No regard for family, and or personal responsibilities.
    Technologically challenged company as a whole.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop the micro managing and adequately train employees. Be straight forward, learn to confront employees in a professional manner. Improve technological aspect of the company. (POS, ONLINE SUPPORT, COMPUTERS, MACHINES)

Run away as fast as you can!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIt paid SOME bills... but not many

ConsHorrible pay, harassment in the workplace, discrimination based on the color of your skin (or lack thereof) is common, company couldn't give a crap about you (you are disposable). I was physically assaulted in the workplace by my boss and I made a complaint to HR. Within a few weeks I was working 24 hour shifts to get a job done. Once the job was done to their liking (with no overtime paid) I was given a pink slip stating that the company was "downsizing".

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you get rid of us who actually know what we are doing and leave those who haven't a clue how to work a machine, your company will fail. It should be about who are management favorites, those who work hard deserve to be recognized and at least have a cost of living raise.

"You can survive everywhere if you will know why you need it"

.NET Developer (Current Employee) Washington, DC

ProsLocation, nice coworkers, nothing more

ConsMicromanagement, lack of management, rudeness

Avoid at all costs. If you're in get out as soon as you can.

I Wore Many Hats (Former Employee) Washington, DC

ProsI was a job, I got to pay rent and bills.

ConsYou will be lied to.
    Your hard work will be ignored. There is no career growth. And no values or ethics.

They also make you sign some absurd non-compete agreement with ridiculous clauses so they can come after you legally after you leave.

ABC Imaging hands down is the worst place I've ever worked and I got out of there (thankfully) in less than a year.

The monster has many tentacles:

The CEO simply does not care or is oblivious that his workers are working in terrible conditions and without proper resources. At the DC shop the workers are working on very old versions of autoCAD, the Adobe Suite (CS4), and other programs on computers that are from 2004. Clients from much more respectable companies come it with beautiful work that needs to be printed that was created using Creative Cloud and we either couldn't do it or had to find some absurd, time consuming convoluted work-around.

CEO very unprofessional berates employees and jumps up and down like a child when angry, same with VPs. All are 5'4'' men with extreme Napoleon complexes.

He also has the dispatch guys wash his Aston Martin on occasion.

He is completely out of it when it comes to the true condition of his company. He only knows what the VP's tell him and completely ignores any concerns from workers (if you have the guts to tell him disregarding fear of retaliation).

There have also been overt rumors that the 5 star reviews you see for the company were posted my upper management. Not surprised in the least.

Sales obsessed upper-management (VPs) implement wishy-washy sales goals– we meet the goal (which was ridiculously high (330k/month) and not even a thank you for your hard work is given.

Mass firings are common every few months, and you can be fired without legitimate reason and told that it is because of the economy even though the company turns in a ridiculous profit and continues to expand internationally and nationally.

HR is a complete joke with no power to do anything except set up interviews, all hiring and firing decisions come directly from the VP's who seem to have quite frankly personal vendetta's against particular employees.

This hand down is the most vindictive unethical company I have ever worked for. Clients are lied to point blank, there is no rhyme or reason to pricing so people frequently are ripped off when their account pricing is set to outrageous figures, or they are overcharged based on their "difficulty" to work with.

Management/HR lies to employees. THERE ARE NO PERFORMANCE EVALUATIONS HERE. THERE ARE NO RAISES HERE. If you ask for one you will be denied and or fired if they dont like you. Any promise of a raise is likely to get you to accept a lower wage upon hire.

Benefits are non-existent. Healthcare option is ridiculously expensive. 401k is your contribution only. THERE IS NO EMPLOYER MATCH OR CONTRIBUTION.

Vacation/Sick/Personal days are all the same listed under "PTO". to get your "two weeks" of PTO you would have to work and take no time off everyday for an entire year to accrue around 72 hrs of PTO.

There are appointed spies in every department who's sole job it is to slack then tell department heads how lazy everyone else in the department is.

This behavior I have never understood.

Washington DC location is filthy with rodent and insect problem, especially in the production area's.

Some employee do not care about service or quality, because there is no hope pr promise here. People come to work cause they need a paycheck and take no pride in the output of the product cause there will be no reward if they cared anyway.

Man am I done yet?

As for my role personally I did everything from customers service, technician duties, running the printers, doing billing, and more. I often stayed late to finish work out of respect for the client. Never was I thanked or rewarded.

To the credit of the employees, most do their best in trying to overcome the complete lack of resources, support, and appropriate compensation to make the clients happy.

Quite simply the goal at ABC Imaging is to acquire all competition, get big name companies under contract while paying exorbitant prices, hire workers dirt cheap, spend no money on improving infrastructure so people are working with the bare minimum. Rake in the profits for the CEO, and VP's.

The CEO is building a house from scratch with an 8 car garage on hundreds of aces of land in Virginia, no wonder people get a $15 gift card to Safeway at Thanksgiving (the only "extra" you will ever get anyway).

If you are salaried here I feel incredibly sorry for you, it is not uncommon for people to work 50-60 hr weeks or stay until 2am to finish a print job.

This company is terrible. I'm glad to point people in the other direction. If you are a client by off chance and you read this. If you ever have had a job come back satisfactory or beautifully done it was because someone worked incredibly hard on it and took a lot of crap in the process. Whatever the VPs are saying to you about the company (especially in regard to it being a great place) you can make a sizable investment that the truth is the opposite.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees like human beings not monkeys. If not have Medi sell the company fire yourselves and start all over again.

Terrible pplace to work!

Executive (Current Employee) Washington, DC

ProsSome very nice people work there.

ConsCEO is utterly disprescful to his own people. Constant tirades and berating insults from a man with no sense of decorum or basic manners.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of Napolean. He is an embarrassment to the company.

ABC Imaging was a good place to work when I started in 2006. Bad management made it hell on earth around 2008.

Middle Management (Former Employee)

ProsRank and file workers were great to work with.

ConsManagers unrealistic expectations and sense of superiority.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat employees half as well as your customers

Worked for ABC Imaging? Contribute to the Community!