ABC Imaging

Updated Jun 20, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Medi Falsafi

Pros
  • If you work in IT you pretty much get thrown to the wolves fast and you get to learn a lot in the process (in 2 reviews)

• The employees are very nice except for the leadership/management (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • Sales obsessed upper-management (VPs) implement wishy-washy sales goals (in 9 reviews)

• Everyone works long hours and recieves no recognition or acknowledgement (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Slightly volatile environment due to upper management's temperaments, but great middle management & reliable co-workers.

Sales (Former Employee) Washington, DC

Prosprogressive, creative thinking encouraged; supportive team members and good social atmosphere; hard work gets recognized; there's always something new to learn about or get involved with/ always interesting

Consupper management is extremely passionate and inspiring, but tends to micro-manage other people's direct reports which leads to miscommunications

Advice to Senior ManagementHire a management team you can trust, rely on, and that's as forward thinking and passionate as you, then sit back a little to let them bring their offerings to the table. You must be able to trust their talents to lead your entire team. If you do, they will exceed your expectations... mutual respect.

Amazing place to work

ProsGood people to work with, great facilities

ConsNot many things to say. Enjoyed everyday working

Stimulating and Rewarding

Account Management (Current Employee)

ProsWe service world renowned architects and engineers...its exciting to be a part of their world and to support their efforts. Amazing to watch a building, go from design to built through the drawing process.

Medi was an architect as well, and he brings that sensitivity to the company.

Global opportunities.

ConsWe are deadline oriented (as are our clients)...this,at times, can be stressful...but also, in the end rewarding.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to empower at the local level and support the entrepreneurial spirit

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

amazing

Software Engineer (Current Employee)

Prosgood salary, nice workplace. over all good

Conswork life balance is not there

Advice to Senior Managementhave to improve work life balance

Good

Prosgood work-life balance, great co workers and good location

Consno growth, low pay and repetitive work

exciting and alot of fun; great teamwork

Business Development Coordinator (Former Employee)

Prosflexibility and insight of mgt to execute strategic plans

Consmore benefits to the staffs

Advice to Senior Managementnil

Good place to wrok

Prosfun people, lots of nice things to do, bright open area. not the best but not so bad

Conslong hours and minimum social life time. lots of weekend work. pay could be higher

Advice to Senior Managementincrease money

Big company but management takes the time to know you

Multiple In Various Cities (Former Employee)

ProsManagement takes the time to know you. They learn your strengths and are willing to discuss better utilization of your skills. They look out for your potential. Make it very easy to network and interact with all levels of employees around the world, helping solve problems efficiently. Opportunities to take on different roles are endless and very attainable.

Some employees complain about management sending them parts and instructions instead of calling in a technician and say things like "this isn't my job" but I loved this practice, I got to learn a lot and worked with some extremely skilled people in the industry from all around the world, they took the time to know which employee had specific talents and put you in touch with them and you others.

Brainstorming ideas on how to do a job that has never been done before with peers everywhere was a huge benefit and I think their strongest asset is the individual talent and skill sharing, streamline this with current technology and hands down this would be the best place to learn any part of the industry.

ConsNot flexible with home life. Pay is generally on the low side of industry. Promotions and raises are on a slower pace than industry standards (not the same as opportunities, they are very willing to give you a chance to learn and change positions, just not with a promotion).

ABC is a quantity over quality business model, anything to get the job done on time so you find yourself not using the right tools for the job.

Unwilling to keep up with the changing technology and future of print industry, so don't expect to be in any part of cutting edge industry changes. There's nothing wrong with it, and I'm sure from their business standpoint it makes the most sense. It's the same idea as running a car over 300k miles until you absolutely have to replace it, and then going out and buying the same car used with 250k miles on it.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep your eyes on the talent you have and further utilize and integrate skills from around the globe, don's start with a forum now, jump ahead and use a private social network collaboration & community platform to connect all the incredible talent you have.

As the world of Print declines embrace the new changes and get better software developers that can keep up with the market. Create ways for clients to use their stored data easier, on a cloud, make it accessible on the tools they use like phones and tablets, they will order more the better you show them their product.

Be more realistic with work/home life of your employees. Not everyone can work late nights all the time, life changes may change someones flexibility for a time. Expecting employees to give you extra time and when the time comes when they need a period of flexibility is denied flatly is unfair.

Decent place to work

ProsI've read the sour grapes in the other reviews, all I can say is that I've been here almost a year now and feel like I've been treated squarely.

This is a growing company. Our main competition in the industry is still laying people off right and left. We have been steadily growing and hiring. Do a decent job and you will have a good degree of job security.

Pay is generally a little better than the industry average for most positions.

ConsDeadline pressure and long hours can can be intense at times, but then that is the nature of the industry.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work.

Great

FM Manager (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsPay,PTO,No overtime,Competant staff, Fm Site no micro managing

ConsSlow on raises, Raises non existent

Advice to Senior ManagementThe economy is not hurting ABC Imaging. We open at new loactions acroos the United States and abroad. I am growing tired if companies using the Hey IN This Economy You Should Feel Lucky to Have A Job. No the company shouls feel licky to have me as a employee.

Worked for ABC Imaging? Contribute to the Community!