ABC Imaging

Updated Apr 10, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Medi Falsafi

Pros:
  • "If you work in IT you pretty much get thrown to the wolves fast and you get to learn a lot in the process"
    in 2 reviews
  • "The employees are very nice except for the leadership/management"
    in 2 reviews
Cons:
  • "Sales obsessed upper-management (VPs) implement wishy-washy sales goals"
    in 8 reviews
  • "Everyone works long hours and recieves no recognition or acknowledgement"
    in 5 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Run away as fast as you can!

I worked at ABC Imaging full-time for more than 5 years

ProsIt paid SOME bills... but not many

ConsHorrible pay, harassment in the workplace, discrimination based on the color of your skin (or lack thereof) is common, company couldn't give a crap about you (you are disposable). I was physically assaulted in the workplace by my boss and I made a complaint to HR. Within a few weeks I was working 24 hour shifts to get a job done. Once the job was done to their liking (with no overtime paid) I was given a pink slip stating that the company was "downsizing".

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you get rid of us who actually know what we are doing and leave those who haven't a clue how to work a machine, your company will fail. It should be about who are management favorites, those who work hard deserve to be recognized and at least have a cost of living raise.

"You can survive everywhere if you will know why you need it"

.NET Developer (Current Employee)
Washington, DC

I have been working at ABC Imaging full-time for less than a year

ProsLocation, nice coworkers, nothing more

ConsMicromanagement, lack of management, rudeness

Terrible pplace to work!

Executive (Current Employee)

I have been working at ABC Imaging full-time

ProsSome very nice people work there.

ConsCEO is utterly disprescful to his own people. Constant tirades and berating insults from a man with no sense of decorum or basic manners.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of Napolean. He is an embarrassment to the company.

Avoid at all costs. If you're in get out as soon as you can.

I Wore Many Hats (Former Employee)

I worked at ABC Imaging full-time for less than a year

ProsI was a job, I got to pay rent and bills.

ConsYou will be lied to.
Your hard work will be ignored. There is no career growth. And no values or ethics.

They also make you sign some absurd non-compete agreement with ridiculous clauses so they can come after you legally after you leave.

ABC Imaging hands down is the worst place I've ever worked and I got out of there (thankfully) in less than a year.

The monster has many tentacles:

The CEO simply does not care or is oblivious that his workers are working in terrible conditions and without proper resources. At the DC shop the workers are working on very old versions of autoCAD, the Adobe Suite (CS4), and other programs on computers that are from 2004. Clients from much more respectable companies come it with beautiful work that needs to be printed that was created using Creative Cloud and we either couldn't do it or had to find some absurd, time consuming convoluted work-around.

CEO very unprofessional berates employees and jumps up and down like a child when angry, same with VPs. All are 5'4'' men with extreme Napoleon complexes.

He also has the dispatch guys wash his Aston Martin on occasion.

He is completely out of it when it comes to the true condition of his company. He only knows what the VP's tell him and completely ignores any concerns from workers (if you have the guts to tell him disregarding fear of retaliation).

There have also been overt rumors that the 5 star reviews you see for the company were posted my upper management. Not surprised in the least.

Sales obsessed upper-management (VPs) implement wishy-washy sales goals– we meet the goal (which was ridiculously high (330k/month) and not even a thank you for your hard work is given.

Mass firings are common every few months, and you can be fired without legitimate reason and told that it is because of the economy even though the company turns in a ridiculous profit and continues to expand internationally and nationally.

HR is a complete joke with no power to do anything except set up interviews, all hiring and firing decisions come directly from the VP's who seem to have quite frankly personal vendetta's against particular employees.

This hand down is the most vindictive unethical company I have ever worked for. Clients are lied to point blank, there is no rhyme or reason to pricing so people frequently are ripped off when their account pricing is set to outrageous figures, or they are overcharged based on their "difficulty" to work with.

Management/HR lies to employees. THERE ARE NO PERFORMANCE EVALUATIONS HERE. THERE ARE NO RAISES HERE. If you ask for one you will be denied and or fired if they dont like you. Any promise of a raise is likely to get you to accept a lower wage upon hire.

Benefits are non-existent. Healthcare option is ridiculously expensive. 401k is your contribution only. THERE IS NO EMPLOYER MATCH OR CONTRIBUTION.

Vacation/Sick/Personal days are all the same listed under "PTO". to get your "two weeks" of PTO you would have to work and take no time off everyday for an entire year to accrue around 72 hrs of PTO.

There are appointed spies in every department who's sole job it is to slack then tell department heads how lazy everyone else in the department is.

This behavior I have never understood.

Washington DC location is filthy with rodent and insect problem, especially in the production area's.

Some employee do not care about service or quality, because there is no hope pr promise here. People come to work cause they need a paycheck and take no pride in the output of the product cause there will be no reward if they cared anyway.

Man am I done yet?

As for my role personally I did everything from customers service, technician duties, running the printers, doing billing, and more. I often stayed late to finish work out of respect for the client. Never was I thanked or rewarded.

To the credit of the employees, most do their best in trying to overcome the complete lack of resources, support, and appropriate compensation to make the clients happy.

Quite simply the goal at ABC Imaging is to acquire all competition, get big name companies under contract while paying exorbitant prices, hire workers dirt cheap, spend no money on improving infrastructure so people are working with the bare minimum. Rake in the profits for the CEO, and VP's.

The CEO is building a house from scratch with an 8 car garage on hundreds of aces of land in Virginia, no wonder people get a $15 gift card to Safeway at Thanksgiving (the only "extra" you will ever get anyway).

If you are salaried here I feel incredibly sorry for you, it is not uncommon for people to work 50-60 hr weeks or stay until 2am to finish a print job.

This company is terrible. I'm glad to point people in the other direction. If you are a client by off chance and you read this. If you ever have had a job come back satisfactory or beautifully done it was because someone worked incredibly hard on it and took a lot of crap in the process. Whatever the VPs are saying to you about the company (especially in regard to it being a great place) you can make a sizable investment that the truth is the opposite.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees like human beings not monkeys. If not have Medi sell the company fire yourselves and start all over again.

ABC Imaging was a good place to work when I started in 2006. Bad management made it hell on earth around 2008.

Middle Management (Former Employee)

I worked at ABC Imaging full-time for more than 5 years

ProsRank and file workers were great to work with.

ConsManagers unrealistic expectations and sense of superiority.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat employees half as well as your customers

Horrible work experience.....

Manager (Former Employee)
Los Angeles, CA

ProsWorked with some great knowledgeable people at the Production Shops

ConsCompany could never pay me on time(live check)....Could never get paid for Mileage expenses and would always try to bargain it down, to the point where you just give up on it. The .30 a mile is a joke for you actually may get about .05 after all the back and forth on fighting for it. They expect Salary employees to work 60-80 hours a week and not be able to take an hour off early here or there to compensate all the OT. They actually tried to dock me an hour for leaving one day early, even though I was a Salary employee. They kept telling me I had to use a PTO hour for it. They treat their employees like crap and expect them to give them their life and not give anything back. Everyone I worked with there, wanted out and was willing to go to another company taking a paycut, if needed. If this keeps going, you will not only lose employees, but also clients! Micro-Management to the 100th degree!

Advice to Senior ManagementThe advice I can give ABC is that they need to treat their employees better. It's a give and take relationship and one can't always be giving and the other taking, if so, it will always end in a bitter divorce.

Very Negative Environment Due to Antics of CEO

I worked at ABC Imaging full-time for less than a year

ProsGood people who strive under dire conditions.

ConsLow pay. Abusive CEO. Lack of honesty with employees and outside vendors and government agencies.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere is no upper management. The company is run by CEO as a benevolent dictatorship with very little benevolence. There are often episodes of screaming and name-calling, sometimes directed at senior officers, if you do not bow down to the meglomaniac running the company.

Massively Disorganized, Extremely Stressful

I worked at ABC Imaging

ProsIt's a job with a steady paycheck? I don't know if there is much that can be said positively about ABC frankly... I wish I could think of something... The people are generally really nice. Except the executives. If you will be in a position to report to a Sr. Exec, I am sorry for you.

ConsWorking for ABC Imaging at any tier, from the corporate to the retail level, is most of the time extremely stressful work and not enjoyable. It might be a much more fun company to work for if employees were actually praised when they are doing things above and beyond the call of their job roles. That doesn't happen though. Everyone treats the CEO like a walking Jesus, although he is very nice - but he has no clue what is going on past what others tell him, but that's okay because there's no accountability among employees at ABC anyway. They have a nearly 70% turnover rate for a reason. You have no stability job wise. Mass firings are common, with entire departments being let go one day. You will be held forever at your starting salary without a hope for a raise or promotion. If you do get a promotion, you probably won't get a raise to go with all the extra work. The company is extremely disorganized, I had never seen anything quite like it, and never hope to again honestly. The corporate management is big on micro-managing everyone, down to ridiculous demands like logging every task you perform each hour to send to your supervisor on a daily basis. You spend more time logging your tasks than actually getting any of them done. You really need to think twice about working for ABC Imaging. Most of the reviews on Glassdoor are completely accurate, and there are not too many good ones.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a clue, you aren't running a people turnover factory, it's a business - give promotions and raises, treat people like they count - and get organized.

0 stars would be more accurate...

I have been working at ABC Imaging full-time for more than a year

ProsPros: Hmmmm. This is difficult. I guess having a job is what we are supposed to be greatfull for so that is the pro.

ConsSo many cons. There is no room for advancement. This is a dead end job. There are no reviews or chances to make more money. If you work hard it will not be noticed. There are no compliments no support from superiors. No rewards. Inadequate benefits. Micro-management that wears at your core.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt has become apparrent that the only way an ABC employee can make more money is if we find another job and abc MAY counter offer. But really, no one wants to stay at that point.
Hey Management: you are losing good staff. You are losing big clients. When you pay your employees minimal salaries, you get disgruntled employees that don't want to go that extra mile. If you paid for increased costs of living & actually rewarded hard work by giving raises, your profits would increase. Think about it. When employees are happy & able to pay their bills they will have a better attitude at work & will be thankful to their company. But the way abc is right now, nobody wants to work hard. Everyone is so broke & shows up to do an average job to compensate for our average pay.
I am looking for another job and so are all my coworkers. This economy is getting better and I will find a company that wants to pay me what I am worth. If you are looking for a job, do not bother applying at abc. Your emotional well being will be jeopardized & u will regret it instantly. They hype up all these promises but I have never been given a raise. I can't believe the ceo thinks so little of all of us that he can pass us over yr after yr.

Disappointed daily after years of dedication.

Production (Current Employee)

I have been working at ABC Imaging

ProsThis is hard to think of. I have worked for ABC for years and I don't have many good things to say. I guess the best parts of my job are the people and my hours.

ConsIt is unfortunate but there are so many negatives with this company. The upper management continues to make empty promises about pay. There has not been a review or a raise for anyone in years. People come to work and put in minimum effort. there are no consequences to punctualitie or performance because there are no reviews. So why perform well and be on time and put in 120% when no one will recognize it? This is how many people feel.

Basically to sum it up if you come work for abc, you will immediately start looking for another job. The pay is low and the ceo has made no efforts to give back any of the pay cut that was issued a long time ago. Meanwhile the ceo goes on cruises and lavish expenditures while i can barely pay my mortgage and raise my family.I am just one of many in his eyes and it is sad. I have given so much to his company and he probably cant remember my name. There is no interest in taking care of his employees. He is running the company to make a profit and he reps the 1% that frustrates so many right now.

Advice to Senior Management-Give raises.
-Treat us better. We are hard working people that make your company work and we deserve insentives to continue representing your company.
-Monthly meetings would be helpful. The communication LACKS right now.
-Reviews???? I guess you stopped giving those so we would not get false hope of receiving pay increases?
-Last but not least, my advice is to keep your word. You can't hide behind the economy excuse forever and you will lose all of your GOOD, knowlegeable people. People want to feel appreciated. People will leave and when your staff leaves, your clients will too. ABC is supposed to be better than the other printing competition but if things continue this way ABC will be the last place a client will go to be impressed. It comes from within. You cant treat your employees poorly and think that your customers are happy. It will all trickle down.

Worked for ABC Imaging? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ABC Imaging reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for ABC Imaging CEO Medi Falsafi. All 51 reviews posted anonymously by ABC Imaging employees.