ABC Imaging Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
1.7
Medi Falsafi

Pros
  • Good people who strive under dire conditions (in 3 reviews)

• I love my dept and most of the people work with (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Sales obsessed upper-management (VPs) implement wishy-washy sales goals (in 10 reviews)

• Once the job was done to their liking (with no overtime paid) I was given a pink slip stating that the company was "downsizing" (in 5 reviews)

horrible place to work ever..

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Pros

Only one thing I can say is there are a lot of work to do..

Cons

There are a lot of work to do, but couldn't do that even nobody try to touch issues. horrible benefit such as vacation, sick leave, insurance stuff and etc.. Extreme micro-management.

Advice to Management

Need more open mind and should hear from people. Employees need to be Impressed sometimes.

Horrible company to work for

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Pros

-Great group of people -Great and interesting work -Company used to be ok to work at (like 8 years ago)

Cons

-Long hours and no comp time, pay cut when company is doing well and if financially sound -Laughable benefits, the worse in the market -Management trying to squeeze as much work out of you without giving anything back -Run like a mom and pop shop. No clear and long term vision or goals. Penny pinchers.

Advice to Management

There is no advices to be given, nothing will change unless mangement is replaced. The people change but the philosophy is still the same...

no raise in 3 yrs + 7% cut in pay= discouraged work ethic by all

Current Employee - Management in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Management in Washington, DC

Pros

A paycheck is the only pro. And some of the people I have met at work have become good friends.

Cons

Well the company doesnt compensate employees. reviews stopped & no matter what your performance is- you will not be rewareded. Management doesnt listen. frequent phone calls occur by upper management yellng & putting you down. There is no feeling of support. No consistent help. The CEO thinks everyone should be so happy to have a job that he thinks they will never leave. The economy is used as an excuse to decrease pay, decrease benefits, etc. It is sad. Employees have no incentive to do better. Everyone works long hours and recieves no recognition or acknowledgement. Everyone I work with is looking for a better job & cant wait to leave abc. meanwhile the ceo is building fancy homes, driving fancy cars while employees have not recieved any of 7% back or had a raise in years. sales staff are declined all commissions. general manager is a dictator that uses fear to keep you in place. he berades you, demeans you & strips us all of any confidence. I wish i could say better things but my experiences have tarnished my outlook. ABC managers are greedy and emplyees are so underpaid that it wont be long before all the good staff have left for better jobs that appreciate talent and hard work.

Advice to Management

PAY YOUR STAFF! Give reviews. Give incentive for people to STAY with ABC. It looks bad when turn over of staff is high & frequent!!! If there are new people rotating through positions all the time, it looks BAD. Clients KNOW and can feel that ABC employees are dissatisfied!! Boost morale & give your employyes better wages! Stop yelling at your lower management. treat people with R E S P E C T. Diversity is good but when you treat people like you are still in a country of dictatorship you will be resented. Promote from within. recognize the employees that have been loyal & stuck around!!! Give back to the sweat that built that fancy house!

Can Gain a lot of experience fast but it is a Horrible, Horrible, Horrible Place to work

Former Employee - FM Engineer in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - FM Engineer in Washington, DC

Pros

If you work in IT you pretty much get thrown to the wolves fast and you get to learn a lot in the process. They have a lot of under appreciated great workers. You can gain a lot of experience with printers/servers really fast, but you will have to learn on your own

Cons

Well this is going to be a much more expansive list than the Pros. Most importantly there are a lot of incredible people that have been working for a while, but instead of appreciating these people they are taken advantage of over worked, way under paid and under appreciated. When I was there we would regularly work 80 to over 100 hours a week and receive no overtime bonus or even a pat on the back. There is a lot of travel involved, but they make the travel as miserable as possible. They only give you 40 dollars a day to spend in New York, LA or Kansas City. If you end up driving your own car they only pay 30 cents a mile (That is if they ever pay you). They will not pay for rental cars even if one is necessary and turning in expense reports is such a chore that I have known people to eat the cost rather than to just turn it in. When I was there they constantly hired people who didn't understand the business to manage positions that they knew nothing about rather than hiring from within. There was one year where I went through 4 Managers and each one was worse than the next. Finally they had someone working production managing the IT department. That was the last straw for me. Benefits are non existent. If you have a family you have to pay over 1000 (that's over a thousand) out of pocket for just insurance. Many people in the company don't even make that much a month. The owner has a bill of rights that states that the company answer is always yes to client demands, but at the same time the owner and management tell the workers that they need to to convince the client what they should want. If that doesn't make sense to you I thought the same thing the first time I heard it. The ownership and management are big believers in one sided loyalty. All employees must remain loyal to the company while management and the ownership cut pay by 7 % indiscriminately lay people off, treat people like dirt, and hire people from outside with no experience in the industry to tell the people that have been keeping the company going how things should be done. Forgot to mention that the company had to cut pay during hard economic times for all employees, but at the same time they had money to open up offices in Denver and Philadelphia which were bound to lose money on top of all of the money that would have to be dumped in to purchase the new shops.

Advice to Management

Wake UP!!! I would ask management to think about how many talented hard working loyal employees have to leave before you realize you can't treat everyone like dirt and expect the world out of them. There has to be some give and take and not all take and no give.

A review from a recent employee

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Pros

-The pay is competitive compared to the same position at a same level competitor. Unfortunately, this is the only perk about ABC Imaging. An FM Associate, FM Manager or Shop Employee pay about $2-3/hr or $5-7k/yr more than the majority of other competitors. Unfortunately, the benefits are severely lacking compared to the same competitors.

Cons

-You may be required to sign a document prior to starting employment that restricts your ability to find work in the same field for many months after quitting, termination or laid off. -You will not be reimbursed for unused PTO if you are let go, fired or quit. -Once you are hired into a position, you will be held there with no growth or promotion. -Company does not do reviews or salary raises. Any promises of higher pay after the probation period is over are only made to get you to accept a lower wage. -Micromanagement. Micromanagement. Micromanagement.

Advice to Management

Fix the above.

Horrible work experience.....

Former Employee - Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at ABC Imaging full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Worked with some great knowledgeable people at the Production Shops

Cons

Company could never pay me on time(live check)....Could never get paid for Mileage expenses and would always try to bargain it down, to the point where you just give up on it. The .30 a mile is a joke for you actually may get about .05 after all the back and forth on fighting for it. They expect Salary employees to work 60-80 hours a week and not be able to take an hour off early here or there to compensate all the OT. They actually tried to dock me an hour for leaving one day early, even though I was a Salary employee. They kept telling me I had to use a PTO hour for it. They treat their employees like crap and expect them to give them their life and not give anything back. Everyone I worked with there, wanted out and was willing to go to another company taking a paycut, if needed. If this keeps going, you will not only lose employees, but also clients! Micro-Management to the 100th degree!

Advice to Management

The advice I can give ABC is that they need to treat their employees better. It's a give and take relationship and one can't always be giving and the other taking, if so, it will always end in a bitter divorce.

ABC Imaging was a good place to work when I started in 2006. Bad management made it hell on earth around 2008.

Former Employee - Middle Management
    Former Employee - Middle Management

I worked at ABC Imaging full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Rank and file workers were great to work with.

Cons

Managers unrealistic expectations and sense of superiority.

Advice to Management

Treat employees half as well as your customers

Avoid at all costs. If you're in get out as soon as you can.

Former Employee - I Wore Many Hats in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - I Wore Many Hats in Washington, DC

I worked at ABC Imaging full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I was a job, I got to pay rent and bills.

Cons

You will be lied to. Your hard work will be ignored. There is no career growth. And no values or ethics. They also make you sign some absurd non-compete agreement with ridiculous clauses so they can come after you legally after you leave. ABC Imaging hands down is the worst place I've ever worked and I got out of there (thankfully) in less than a year. The monster has many tentacles: The CEO simply does not care or is oblivious that his workers are working in terrible conditions and without proper resources. At the DC shop the workers are working on very old versions of autoCAD, the Adobe Suite (CS4), and other programs on computers that are from 2004. Clients from much more respectable companies come it with beautiful work that needs to be printed that was created using Creative Cloud and we either couldn't do it or had to find some absurd, time consuming convoluted work-around. CEO very unprofessional berates employees and jumps up and down like a child when angry, same with VPs. All are 5'4'' men with extreme Napoleon complexes. He also has the dispatch guys wash his Aston Martin on occasion. He is completely out of it when it comes to the true condition of his company. He only knows what the VP's tell him and completely ignores any concerns from workers (if you have the guts to tell him disregarding fear of retaliation). There have also been overt rumors that the 5 star reviews you see for the company were posted my upper management. Not surprised in the least. Sales obsessed upper-management (VPs) implement wishy-washy sales goals– we meet the goal (which was ridiculously high (330k/month) and not even a thank you for your hard work is given. Mass firings are common every few months, and you can be fired without legitimate reason and told that it is because of the economy even though the company turns in a ridiculous profit and continues to expand internationally and nationally. HR is a complete joke with no power to do anything except set up interviews, all hiring and firing decisions come directly from the VP's who seem to have quite frankly personal vendetta's against particular employees. This hand down is the most vindictive unethical company I have ever worked for. Clients are lied to point blank, there is no rhyme or reason to pricing so people frequently are ripped off when their account pricing is set to outrageous figures, or they are overcharged based on their "difficulty" to work with. Management/HR lies to employees. THERE ARE NO PERFORMANCE EVALUATIONS HERE. THERE ARE NO RAISES HERE. If you ask for one you will be denied and or fired if they dont like you. Any promise of a raise is likely to get you to accept a lower wage upon hire. Benefits are non-existent. Healthcare option is ridiculously expensive. 401k is your contribution only. THERE IS NO EMPLOYER MATCH OR CONTRIBUTION. Vacation/Sick/Personal days are all the same listed under "PTO". to get your "two weeks" of PTO you would have to work and take no time off everyday for an entire year to accrue around 72 hrs of PTO. There are appointed spies in every department who's sole job it is to slack then tell department heads how lazy everyone else in the department is. This behavior I have never understood. Washington DC location is filthy with rodent and insect problem, especially in the production area's. Some employee do not care about service or quality, because there is no hope pr promise here. People come to work cause they need a paycheck and take no pride in the output of the product cause there will be no reward if they cared anyway. Man am I done yet? As for my role personally I did everything from customers service, technician duties, running the printers, doing billing, and more. I often stayed late to finish work out of respect for the client. Never was I thanked or rewarded. To the credit of the employees, most do their best in trying to overcome the complete lack of resources, support, and appropriate compensation to make the clients happy. Quite simply the goal at ABC Imaging is to acquire all competition, get big name companies under contract while paying exorbitant prices, hire workers dirt cheap, spend no money on improving infrastructure so people are working with the bare minimum. Rake in the profits for the CEO, and VP's. The CEO is building a house from scratch with an 8 car garage on hundreds of aces of land in Virginia, no wonder people get a $15 gift card to Safeway at Thanksgiving (the only "extra" you will ever get anyway). If you are salaried here I feel incredibly sorry for you, it is not uncommon for people to work 50-60 hr weeks or stay until 2am to finish a print job. This company is terrible. I'm glad to point people in the other direction. If you are a client by off chance and you read this. If you ever have had a job come back satisfactory or beautifully done it was because someone worked incredibly hard on it and took a lot of crap in the process. Whatever the VPs are saying to you about the company (especially in regard to it being a great place) you can make a sizable investment that the truth is the opposite.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees like human beings not monkeys. If not have Medi sell the company fire yourselves and start all over again.

Terrible pplace to work!

Current Employee - Executive in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Executive in Washington, DC

I have been working at ABC Imaging full-time

Pros

Some very nice people work there.

Cons

CEO is utterly disprescful to his own people. Constant tirades and berating insults from a man with no sense of decorum or basic manners.

Advice to Management

Get rid of Napolean. He is an embarrassment to the company.

11. "You can survive everywhere if you will know why you need it"

Current Employee - .NET Developer in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - .NET Developer in Washington, DC

I have been working at ABC Imaging full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Location, nice coworkers, nothing more

Cons

Micromanagement, lack of management, rudeness

RSS Feed </> Embed