ABC Imaging

Updated December 10, 2014
Updated December 10, 2014
2.0

Medi Falsafi

Pros
  • Good people who strive under dire conditions (in 3 reviews)

• I love my dept and most of the people work with (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Sales obsessed upper-management (VPs) implement wishy-washy sales goals (in 10 reviews)

• Everyone works long hours and recieves no recognition or acknowledgement (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Stressful

I have been working at ABC Imaging

Pros

There are no pros. Do your research.

Cons

Benefits, expected to work during inclement weather, no retirement matching

The work is good but the management structure is attrocious.

I have been working at ABC Imaging

Pros

the work is pretty straight forward when supplies are available.

Cons

Conflicts of interest in hiring
    Extreme micro magnagement
    Most orders are "rush" orders. too many priveledged customers. no consideration for walk-ins.
    Late hours if work comes in last minute.
    No regard for family, and or personal responsibilities.
    Technologically challenged company as a whole.

Stop the micro managing and adequately train employees. Be straight forward, learn to confront employees in a professional manner. Improve technological aspect of the company. (POS, ONLINE SUPPORT, COMPUTERS, MACHINES)

I work at heaquarters in an admin capacity

I have been working at ABC Imaging full-time

Pros

Location of hq. I love my dept and most of the people work with.

Cons

direction of he company is always changing.

Run away as fast as you can!

I worked at ABC Imaging full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

It paid SOME bills... but not many

Cons

Horrible pay, harassment in the workplace, discrimination based on the color of your skin (or lack thereof) is common, company couldn't give a crap about you (you are disposable). I was physically assaulted in the workplace by my boss and I made a complaint to HR. Within a few weeks I was working 24 hour shifts to get a job done. Once the job was done to their liking (with no overtime paid) I was given a pink slip stating that the company was "downsizing".

If you get rid of us who actually know what we are doing and leave those who haven't a clue how to work a machine, your company will fail. It should be about who are management favorites, those who work hard deserve to be recognized and at least have a cost of living raise.

"You can survive everywhere if you will know why you need it"

Current Employee - .NET Developer in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - .NET Developer in Washington, DC

I have been working at ABC Imaging full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Location, nice coworkers, nothing more

Cons

Micromanagement, lack of management, rudeness

Avoid at all costs. If you're in get out as soon as you can.

Former Employee - I Wore Many Hats in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - I Wore Many Hats in Washington, DC

I worked at ABC Imaging full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I was a job, I got to pay rent and bills.

Cons

You will be lied to.
    Your hard work will be ignored. There is no career growth. And no values or ethics.

They also make you sign some absurd non-compete agreement with ridiculous clauses so they can come after you legally after you leave.

ABC Imaging hands down is the worst place I've ever worked and I got out of there (thankfully) in less than a year.

The monster has many tentacles:

The CEO simply does not care or is oblivious that his workers are working in terrible conditions and without proper resources. At the DC shop the workers are working on very old versions of autoCAD, the Adobe Suite (CS4), and other programs on computers that are from 2004. Clients from much more respectable companies come it with beautiful work that needs to be printed that was created using Creative Cloud and we either couldn't do it or had to find some absurd, time consuming convoluted work-around.

CEO very unprofessional berates employees and jumps up and down like a child when angry, same with VPs. All are 5'4'' men with extreme Napoleon complexes.

He also has the dispatch guys wash his Aston Martin on occasion.

He is completely out of it when it comes to the true condition of his company. He only knows what the VP's tell him and completely ignores any concerns from workers (if you have the guts to tell him disregarding fear of retaliation).

There have also been overt rumors that the 5 star reviews you see for the company were posted my upper management. Not surprised in the least.

Sales obsessed upper-management (VPs) implement wishy-washy sales goals– we meet the goal (which was ridiculously high (330k/month) and not even a thank you for your hard work is given.

Mass firings are common every few months, and you can be fired without legitimate reason and told that it is because of the economy even though the company turns in a ridiculous profit and continues to expand internationally and nationally.

HR is a complete joke with no power to do anything except set up interviews, all hiring and firing decisions come directly from the VP's who seem to have quite frankly personal vendetta's against particular employees.

This hand down is the most vindictive unethical company I have ever worked for. Clients are lied to point blank, there is no rhyme or reason to pricing so people frequently are ripped off when their account pricing is set to outrageous figures, or they are overcharged based on their "difficulty" to work with.

Management/HR lies to employees. THERE ARE NO PERFORMANCE EVALUATIONS HERE. THERE ARE NO RAISES HERE. If you ask for one you will be denied and or fired if they dont like you. Any promise of a raise is likely to get you to accept a lower wage upon hire.

Benefits are non-existent. Healthcare option is ridiculously expensive. 401k is your contribution only. THERE IS NO EMPLOYER MATCH OR CONTRIBUTION.

Vacation/Sick/Personal days are all the same listed under "PTO". to get your "two weeks" of PTO you would have to work and take no time off everyday for an entire year to accrue around 72 hrs of PTO.

There are appointed spies in every department who's sole job it is to slack then tell department heads how lazy everyone else in the department is.

This behavior I have never understood.

Washington DC location is filthy with rodent and insect problem, especially in the production area's.

Some employee do not care about service or quality, because there is no hope pr promise here. People come to work cause they need a paycheck and take no pride in the output of the product cause there will be no reward if they cared anyway.

Man am I done yet?

As for my role personally I did everything from customers service, technician duties, running the printers, doing billing, and more. I often stayed late to finish work out of respect for the client. Never was I thanked or rewarded.

To the credit of the employees, most do their best in trying to overcome the complete lack of resources, support, and appropriate compensation to make the clients happy.

Quite simply the goal at ABC Imaging is to acquire all competition, get big name companies under contract while paying exorbitant prices, hire workers dirt cheap, spend no money on improving infrastructure so people are working with the bare minimum. Rake in the profits for the CEO, and VP's.

The CEO is building a house from scratch with an 8 car garage on hundreds of aces of land in Virginia, no wonder people get a $15 gift card to Safeway at Thanksgiving (the only "extra" you will ever get anyway).

If you are salaried here I feel incredibly sorry for you, it is not uncommon for people to work 50-60 hr weeks or stay until 2am to finish a print job.

This company is terrible. I'm glad to point people in the other direction. If you are a client by off chance and you read this. If you ever have had a job come back satisfactory or beautifully done it was because someone worked incredibly hard on it and took a lot of crap in the process. Whatever the VPs are saying to you about the company (especially in regard to it being a great place) you can make a sizable investment that the truth is the opposite.

Treat your employees like human beings not monkeys. If not have Medi sell the company fire yourselves and start all over again.

Terrible pplace to work!

Current Employee - Executive in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Executive in Washington, DC

I have been working at ABC Imaging full-time

Pros

Some very nice people work there.

Cons

CEO is utterly disprescful to his own people. Constant tirades and berating insults from a man with no sense of decorum or basic manners.

Get rid of Napolean. He is an embarrassment to the company.

ABC Imaging was a good place to work when I started in 2006. Bad management made it hell on earth around 2008.

Former Employee - Middle Management
    Former Employee - Middle Management

I worked at ABC Imaging full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Rank and file workers were great to work with.

Cons

Managers unrealistic expectations and sense of superiority.

Treat employees half as well as your customers

Needs Improvement

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I worked at ABC Imaging full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Employees are friendly

The turnover rate is high so you inadvertently get responsibility of a wide variety of tasks and have the opportunity for promotion

Cons

Top management needs to stay focused on the big picture and trust/delegate responsibilities to middle management

Hire good people and trust them to do their job

Good place to wrok

I have been working at ABC Imaging

Pros

fun people, lots of nice things to do, bright open area. not the best but not so bad

Cons

long hours and minimum social life time. lots of weekend work. pay could be higher

increase money