ABC Imaging

Updated August 28, 2014
Updated August 28, 2014
2.2

Medi Falsafi

Pros
  • If you work in IT you pretty much get thrown to the wolves fast and you get to learn a lot in the process (in 2 reviews)

• The employees are very nice except for the leadership/management (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • Sales obsessed upper-management (VPs) implement wishy-washy sales goals (in 9 reviews)

• Everyone works long hours and recieves no recognition or acknowledgement (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Terrible pplace to work!

Current Employee - Executive  in  Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Executive in Washington, DC

I have been working at ABC Imaging full-time

Pros

Some very nice people work there.

Cons

CEO is utterly disprescful to his own people. Constant tirades and berating insults from a man with no sense of decorum or basic manners.

Get rid of Napolean. He is an embarrassment to the company.

ABC Imaging was a good place to work when I started in 2006. Bad management made it hell on earth around 2008.

Former Employee - Middle Management
    Former Employee - Middle Management

I worked at ABC Imaging full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Rank and file workers were great to work with.

Cons

Managers unrealistic expectations and sense of superiority.

Treat employees half as well as your customers

Needs Improvement

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I worked at ABC Imaging full-time for more than a year

Pros

Employees are friendly

The turnover rate is high so you inadvertently get responsibility of a wide variety of tasks and have the opportunity for promotion

Cons

Top management needs to stay focused on the big picture and trust/delegate responsibilities to middle management

Hire good people and trust them to do their job

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good place to wrok

I have been working at ABC Imaging

Pros

fun people, lots of nice things to do, bright open area. not the best but not so bad

Cons

long hours and minimum social life time. lots of weekend work. pay could be higher

increase money

There is better out there I'm sure

Current Employee - FM Manager  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - FM Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at ABC Imaging full-time

Pros

In my position, I work autonomously. I work at a cliet site and have little interaction with superiors. Client site is convenient location, decent staff and office perks such as occasional food. Healthcare benefits are decent, but expensive, and they seem to change every year so the company can get a better deal.

Cons

Salary is stagnant. No performance reviews and if there are, it's a "SELF REVIEW". Work load increases and there is no compensation for additional tasks (ones that have nothing to do with my job). Upper management doesn't back you up if there is an issue with the client.

Treat your staff like they are important. Give them a reason to perform to excellence with some kind of incentive. Increased salary would be nice, but even the occasional grace of coming in late or leaving early without penalty (for salaried employees) would be a start, especially since most of the salaried employees work more than 40-50 hrs a week.

Slightly volatile environment due to upper management's temperaments, but great middle management & reliable co-workers.

Former Employee - Sales  in  Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Sales in Washington, DC

I worked at ABC Imaging full-time for more than a year

Pros

progressive, creative thinking encouraged; supportive team members and good social atmosphere; hard work gets recognized; there's always something new to learn about or get involved with/ always interesting

Cons

upper management is extremely passionate and inspiring, but tends to micro-manage other people's direct reports which leads to miscommunications

Hire a management team you can trust, rely on, and that's as forward thinking and passionate as you, then sit back a little to let them bring their offerings to the table. You must be able to trust their talents to lead your entire team. If you do, they will exceed your expectations... mutual respect.

Big company but management takes the time to know you

Former Employee - Multiple In Various Cities
    Former Employee - Multiple In Various Cities

I worked at ABC Imaging full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Management takes the time to know you. They learn your strengths and are willing to discuss better utilization of your skills. They look out for your potential. Make it very easy to network and interact with all levels of employees around the world, helping solve problems efficiently. Opportunities to take on different roles are endless and very attainable.

Some employees complain about management sending them parts and instructions instead of calling in a technician and say things like "this isn't my job" but I loved this practice, I got to learn a lot and worked with some extremely skilled people in the industry from all around the world, they took the time to know which employee had specific talents and put you in touch with them and you others.

Brainstorming ideas on how to do a job that has never been done before with peers everywhere was a huge benefit and I think their strongest asset is the individual talent and skill sharing, streamline this with current technology and hands down this would be the best place to learn any part of the industry.

Cons

Not flexible with home life. Pay is generally on the low side of industry. Promotions and raises are on a slower pace than industry standards (not the same as opportunities, they are very willing to give you a chance to learn and change positions, just not with a promotion).

ABC is a quantity over quality business model, anything to get the job done on time so you find yourself not using the right tools for the job.

Unwilling to keep up with the changing technology and future of print industry, so don't expect to be in any part of cutting edge industry changes. There's nothing wrong with it, and I'm sure from their business standpoint it makes the most sense. It's the same idea as running a car over 300k miles until you absolutely have to replace it, and then going out and buying the same car used with 250k miles on it.

Keep your eyes on the talent you have and further utilize and integrate skills from around the globe, don's start with a forum now, jump ahead and use a private social network collaboration & community platform to connect all the incredible talent you have.

As the world of Print declines embrace the new changes and get better software developers that can keep up with the market. Create ways for clients to use their stored data easier, on a cloud, make it accessible on the tools they use like phones and tablets, they will order more the better you show them their product.

Be more realistic with work/home life of your employees. Not everyone can work late nights all the time, life changes may change someones flexibility for a time. Expecting employees to give you extra time and when the time comes when they need a period of flexibility is denied flatly is unfair.

Horrible work experience.....

Former Employee - Manager  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at ABC Imaging full-time for less than a year

Pros

Worked with some great knowledgeable people at the Production Shops

Cons

Company could never pay me on time(live check)....Could never get paid for Mileage expenses and would always try to bargain it down, to the point where you just give up on it. The .30 a mile is a joke for you actually may get about .05 after all the back and forth on fighting for it. They expect Salary employees to work 60-80 hours a week and not be able to take an hour off early here or there to compensate all the OT. They actually tried to dock me an hour for leaving one day early, even though I was a Salary employee. They kept telling me I had to use a PTO hour for it. They treat their employees like crap and expect them to give them their life and not give anything back. Everyone I worked with there, wanted out and was willing to go to another company taking a paycut, if needed. If this keeps going, you will not only lose employees, but also clients! Micro-Management to the 100th degree!

The advice I can give ABC is that they need to treat their employees better. It's a give and take relationship and one can't always be giving and the other taking, if so, it will always end in a bitter divorce.

The good, the bad and the ugly . . .

Former Employee - Manager  in  Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Manager in Washington, DC

I worked at ABC Imaging full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

They are the best at what they do, great people overall

Cons

Spotting problems and fixing them is always a good thing, but creating problems, blaming staff and chastising them is the law of the land at ABC. Revolving door of management. Owner has a Napoleon complex.

Go out of your way to create a different environment that rewards hard work, promotes longevity with the company and provides strong benefits.

Get out now

Former Employee - Manager  in  Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Manager in Washington, DC

I worked at ABC Imaging full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Very few pros to this job, but I did feel needed, made friends, and was able to advance in my career. That is where the pros end.

Cons

poor pay, lots of overtime for with no overtime pay, horrible work-life balance, lots of yelling by the CEO and other managers, unprofessional, hire unqualified people to fill jobs, micromanaging is rampant

Hire qualified employees, pay them fairly, and treat them well.

Worked for ABC Imaging? Contribute to the Community!