ABC Laboratories Reviews

2.4
John D. Bucksath

1. Good company to start a career

I have been working at ABC Laboratories

Pros

It is a good company to start your career. People are very friendly and helpful, and you will gain a lot of experience.

Cons

Location is far away from the east where major pharmaceutical companies stay. When it is not a good time, the company lay off staff.

2. ABC is a great place to gain some experience and a horrible place to make one's career.

I worked at ABC Laboratories

Pros

ABC routinely hires people with little or no experience, which makes it an easy place to start after one is finished with college. It is in a wonderful town, and the cGMP program is excellently built. It is easy, if one is competent, to get experience with a wide array of analytical techniques and instrumentation.

Cons

It is almost impossible to get promoted at ABC, the pay is awful, the senior management is completely untrustworthy, and they treat any employee that doesn't have a PhD as completely disposable.

Stop treating your employees poorly, stop lying to them, and learn how to communicate effectively. When you say the company is hitting all of it's financial goals every month but at the end of the fiscal year we have miraculously lost money and nobody gets a bonus, that is either extremely poor accounting or a bald-faced lie, and nobody is fooled.

3. This is a terrible place to work. It is only for those who are desperate for a job.

Current Employee - Associate Scientist
    Current Employee - Associate Scientist

I have been working at ABC Laboratories full-time (less than a year)

Pros

pay and benefits are about average for the Columbia MO area.

Cons

Mandatory unpaid overtime for salaried employees. Poor training. I have seen and experienced supervisors yelling at and arguing with their employees. People often come in at 8:00 a.m. and leave at 8:00 p.m. five days a week for no extra pay.

Decent place to start, but only as a stepping stone to somewhere else.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MO

I worked at ABC Laboratories full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good work experience for new graduates. The skills gained look good on resumes.

Cons

The compensation is lower than most jobs in this field, and depending on your department work/life balance can be a challenge. Salaried employees are encouraged to work longer days without taking time off. A few departments must work weekends and holidays but are given little additional compensation.

6. Staff scientist

I worked at ABC Laboratories

Pros

None. This is a stepping stone company to give you experience towards a rewarding career if you work hard and know what your doing

Cons

No reward for working hard. Team leaders are only a few years out of college with minimal experience.

Reward those that know what they are doing and fire dead weight analysts.

Excellent opportunity for advancement

Former Employee - Laboratory Technician in Columbia, MO
    Former Employee - Laboratory Technician in Columbia, MO

I worked at ABC Laboratories full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Company rewards you for your individual effort, there is a strong team of excellent individuals that make each day an enjoyable challenge.

Cons

No real cons to discuss. When I first started there the benefit package was a little limited but hat has since been remedied.

Keep up the good work.

8. Perfectionist Robot is true

Former Employee - Former in Columbia, MO
    Former Employee - Former in Columbia, MO

I worked at ABC Laboratories full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There is not any pros for this company.

Cons

It's true about favoritism and everything else. There is more. Group leaders/team leaders are either lazy or micromanaging. Bosses did not want to do anything to improve but even they try but the people refuse to change or do not want to change. Some are really difficult to get along with. I do not understand why they didn’t receive any warning when they refuse to cooperate. Some did that quite often. Some people going extremely unnecessary expectations at work. Personally, I refuse to refer any company to this company. Some did unethical there. I am surprised that they haven’t caught yet.

Read "Who moved my cheese"

9. very mixed bag. No training, Little advancement.

I worked at ABC Laboratories

Pros

A pay check.
    A three percent match on the 401K.
    A health care program that was OK

Cons

Political infighting among management leads to an atmosphere of fear and blame.
    The company expected a minimum of 50 hr per week. The company came first, last and always. Mid level managers were obsequious or were dismissed. The primary value looked for was "loyalty".

10. Awful! Expect us to be perfectionist robot

I worked at ABC Laboratories full-time

Pros

There is nothing positive about this.

Cons

The most review comments are true. Some people did not do their work and expect other to finish for them. Some are lazy and got promoted. Some are hard workers did not get promoted until later. There are so much favoritism going on. Some people are very unprofessional and able to get away with it. Others did repeat error and mistake and yet got away with it. Some got warned or fired because of mistake. If you have an ability to gossip, brown-nosing, and earn favoritism from your boss and boss’ boss by all means stay there and sniff up in the behind all you want. Managers are greedy. If you are not favoritism and received warning, my advice is leave.

Most mangers should get fired, some team leaders should get fired. They said they would listen to the employees. I did leave my opinion through survey and at the end the result are different at the company's meeting. Everyone is happy and content in the survey. That is not what I wrote and few others did says the same thing.

11. Just a wee bit racist.

Former Contractor - Quality Assurance Associate in Columbia, MO
    Former Contractor - Quality Assurance Associate in Columbia, MO

I worked at ABC Laboratories as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

There was exposure to myriad analytical instrumentation and wet bench methodologies.

Cons

It wasn't culturally competent enough to address the needs of African-American employees.

Support racial tolerance initiatives.