ABC Radio Network

Updated Jun 25, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

John Rosso

Good information regarding possible jobs!

ProsNew info on your site everyday!

ConsNo calls as of yet.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf possible be more interactive with potential freelancers.

San Francisco radio station KGO was a great place to work under ABC ownership.

Talk Radio Producer (Former Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

ProsThere was a lot of support from management and staff.

ConsCan't really think of any cons during my experience at KGO Radio.

I learned a lot but felt that there wasn't much opportunity for financial growth.

Marketing (Current Employee)
    Dallas, TX

ProsGreat energy, great people in a super fun industry. The office environment is very casual and laid back with flexibility. Good company for family people. The benefits are decent.

ConsAccessibility to upper management is very limited. I think radio is on the down slide and they don't seem to be doing much to look for other profitable avenues.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

ABC Radio Network

ProsGreat company, Great People, Good salary and benefits. Great to work for a legendary Broadcast company backed by the power of Disney.

ConsIn the end, when the company was sold and the corporate culture changed, Management turned to a "C.Y.A." attitude and quite frankly, we all ended up working for an idiot.

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

Citadel should have never owned a network

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsLeft a certain amount of autonomy to staff, but had a tendency to interfer in desicion making. Implemented policies and procedures that made accomplishing simple tasks nearly impossible.

ConsSuleman should have never purchased a network. While Eisner as at the head of Disney he was often chided for writing memos that stated "while on the company jet I....." Suleman flew on company jets while cutting rank and file salaries and basic equipment and supply needs. Suleman was also very star struck letting his friends and "stars" implement programs that were costly, doomed to failure, and not well thought out.

A Great Place to Learn About Radio and Disney

Intern (Former Employee)

ProsWhether you are interested in sales, marketing, production, or broadcasting, Radio Disney runs a world class operation that continues to grow significantly.

ConsEach station is syndicated regionally meaning little broadcasting at most stations. However, there are opportunities to write, record and edit promotional spots and interact with major advertisers and musical acts.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on being professional and fun (dancing smooth, matching uniforms, prizes organized etc.) in all situations especially during Party Patrol and major station events. A steady and consistent brand message should be presented at all times across all RD markets with frequent communications between stations.

Worked for ABC Radio Network? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ABC Radio Network reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for ABC Radio Network CEO John Rosso. All 6 reviews posted anonymously by ABC Radio Network employees.