ABC Supply
www.abc-supply.com Beloit, WI 5000+ Employees

ABC Supply Reviews

Updated Feb 25, 2014
ABC Supply – Beloit – “National Support Center”

ABC Supply President, CEO, and Dircetor David A. Luck

David A. Luck

Fun lots of flexibility

Outside Sales (Current Employee)
Champaign, IL

I have been working at ABC Supply full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat environment, can do attitude from everyone

Conscommission rates is to low for outside sales

Advice to Senior Managementincrease base and commission rate o keep up with competition.

Direct Mgmt. needs to take some classes on effectively motivating and managing their team.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at ABC Supply full-time for more than 3 years

Prosbenefits were good as well as the ability to travel to meet your customers. They do have great moral and a great mission statement and the whole story of the company and the founder is great.

ConsToo much of a workload with no help given at all, or what little help their might have been, would be quickly taken away. No real direction, only told what has to be done and if your doing good, it was never good enough.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees, perhaps have thier back when you know it is warranted. Might want to also take some management courses, because motivation skills are not there. No one wants to have you breathing down their backs, always worried what's going to happen next. Spread out the workload more.

New to the industry? Do not work here

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)
New York, NY

I worked at ABC Supply full-time for more than a year

ProsBeni's. are good. Pay is decent if you've never worked elsewhere.

ConsManagement is useless. You are just a number.

The rich branch managers get richer and the workers that make it happen get screwed.

Warehouse (Former Employee)
Saint Paul, MN

I worked at ABC Supply full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGreat group of people in the warehouse.

ConsOffice people felt they were better then warehouse workers. Drivers allowed to sit around to get their time in each day. Bullied people into giving companies a good ranking in Gallop Best workplace survey.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe honest with workers, and have the office people get their hands dirty once helping in warehouse. Increase wages and eliminate the "walls" between groups. Management also shouldn't let people operate forklifts when they are drunk, very poor for safety!!!!

Inside sales/ warehouse

I have been working at ABC Supply

ProsGreat hours and plenty of holidays off, great bonus if your store profits. Stores are run like a small business meaning local management makes all decisions.

ConsConcerns fall on deaf ears sometimes. Store is run like small business meaning manager makes all decisions good or bad

A very good company to work for.

Delivery Driver (Former Employee)
Fort Worth, TX

I worked at ABC Supply full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat management, great benefits great family work balance

ConsSSeasonal, if storms don't come there is not much work.

Advice to Senior ManagementDiversify your products

Hard work gets no where unless your friends with the boss!!!!

Inside Sales Associate (Current Employee)
Dayton, OH

I have been working at ABC Supply full-time for more than a year

ProsStocking, making store look great! Operating a fork lift! Talking and taking care of customers!!!!

ConsPay is a whole lot lower than other companies for the same position. Layoffs or hours being cut is very common.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe a manager and DSM who sees the truth! See who works hard and see who is really lazy!!!!!!! Just because you like an employee or hang out with an employee does not make them a good employee! Oh, and remember your there to work not to have affairs!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good company, 1 step away from great

I have been working at ABC Supply full-time for more than 10 years

ProsGreat company for branch managers, outside sales and upper management.
Great 401k match
Great attempt to be a great place to work

ConsPoor salary/bonus/pay structure for inside sales, administrative and regional office staff.
Pay is geared to branch management and above. ABC sells to the gen-pop they are a great place to work, but does not understand why the rank and file does not view it the same. They have a idea on what the pay should be by job nationwide, not taking into consideration $30k per year in Tennessee goes much further than $30k in CT,NY,or NJ.

Advice to Senior ManagementStructure the bonus to give more to the average warehouse,driver,inside sales person. When they see a store clearing $500k and the manager buys a new car and brags about his vacation, then they get their bonus and it's $500.00, this causes resentment and drags down the morale.

Great company, lots of room for advancement

Outside Sales (Former Employee)
San Antonio, TX

I worked at ABC Supply full-time for more than 5 years

ProsSolid support for the sales team

ConsSome of the regional managers are out of touch.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet more feedback from the man in the trenches.

not for me

I have been working at ABC Supply

Proscant say anything good.hard to find a company this size ran so unprofessional,subpar management,no place for good folks to work

Consoutdated equipment,most dsm s have no truck or dot knowledge,most equipment unsafe for type of deliveries trucks are made to perform.management bullies employees to make unsafe deliveries,such as delivering shingles to snow covered roofs.headquarters in wisconsin and higher management have a stepford wives mentality,they bully new management and sales to stand in front of piers and sing company song,what a disgrace

Advice to Senior Managementget current with your computer system,get current with your equipment,get current with pay scales in this industry,listen to the workers who do the job dont have a closed mind.this is 2013 catch on your the biggest in the industry act like it

Worked for ABC Supply? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ABC Supply reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for ABC Supply CEO David A. Luck. All 40 reviews posted anonymously by ABC Supply employees.