ABC Warehouse Reviews

Martin Hartunian

1. Assistant Manager

Former Employee - Manager in Flint, MI
    Former Employee - Manager in Flint, MI

I worked at ABC Warehouse (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent People to work with, fast pace, Uncapped comissions, benefits

Cons

working on holidays such as Thanksgiving was a turnoff

2. NO TRAINING

Pros

Good Commision after you learn the product

Cons

no training at all, wouldnt suggest this unless you like working long hours

Advice to Management

train your employees then maybe you wouldnt go through so many customers

3. Office Clerk

I have been working at ABC Warehouse part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very laid back environment. Easy money to make if you don't mind a slow-paced job. Office Clerks make minimum wage. The hours are flexible to an extent, considering it is retail.

Cons

The pay is not worth the grief you have to deal with. Customers are incredibly rude. A lot of drama gets taken out on office people instead of the salespeople who are actually responsible. Salespeople are lazy and unprofessional and only look out for themselves. They won't even help their fellow salesperson. They have no respect for managers either. Salespeople are supposed to pick up calls primarily but that never happens. I signed up to be an office clerk, not their personal receptionist. I also did not appreciate management trying to guilt me into staying, especially considering I am trying to put my education first since I'm a college student. In addition, an office manager shouldn't be a manager just because they have been there the longest. I think it is extremely unprofessional to absolutely refuse to work weekends and holidays, which is what my office manager did. They know they work in retail so they should expect to work the same weekends and holidays I had to. It shows exceedingly poor leadership skills to use a manager position to force other workers to work in your place during holidays and weekends.

Advice to Management

Find a better sales team. Or teach them the definition of team work. Also understand that a part time job in the summer is normal for students and quit acting like the office people you stomp on owe you anything. Also promote people who show the qualities of a manager instead of letting whoever has seniority run the show.

5. Salesman

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Novi, MI
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Novi, MI

Pros

In doors, great boss nice coworkers

Cons

long hours comission they want you to sell warranty

Advice to Management

stay true to yourself

6. Stimulating

Current Employee - Small Appliance Sales
    Current Employee - Small Appliance Sales

I have been working at ABC Warehouse part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I work in the Small Appliance/Electronics department. It's a relatively small part of the store, so there are few customers that venture into the department. Depending how you look at it, that could be a pro (less customer assistance needed, more busy work) or a con (sometimes there are hours of sitting around doing nothing). I'm paid minimum wage plus a small bit of commission; I don't think I could work anywhere else and make more for doing less as far as sales goes.

Cons

Can become boring after the daily chores are done and the customers are sparse at best. Very competitive environment even though the commission aspect doesn't play a huge role unless you're working 30+ hours (and good luck with that).

Advice to Management

The store layout should be optimized so as to make the electronics more of a draw. In my particular store, they are shoved off into a corner while the major appliances are front and center. Normal grocery stores put the staples around the perimeter of the store in order to keep the customer in the building longer, why not at ABC?

7. Manager

Pros

Good people to work for, the pay is good.

Cons

The Hours are long you will work a 11 hour day

Advice to Management

The Blue Cross plan is good as well

8. One of the worst I ever had!

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Detroit, MI

Pros

There is NOTHING GOOD about ABC Warehouse.

Cons

I rarely write a negative review about a certain topic, but this is an exception. Working at ABC Warehouse was a terrible experience for me. First, my co-worker was asking about my sexuality, which is a big NO. This person also was eavesdropping onto other conversations between co-workers, and saying things in public that should be kept private. I had a conversation about it with one of the managers, and told me just to ignore him. The managers did a poor job keeping co-workers in-line; the majority of the sales people were usually watching TV during their down time, and ignoring customers. One customer actually complained about this problem. The receptionists were not the best people to handle customer service calls, as they would constantly be negative both on and off the phone. Also, one of my managers constantly antagonized saying I had a certain psychical disability, even though he wasn't following protocol himself; such as showing up late to work, and wearing jeans to work But, the last straw was one of my managers asking something about my personal business, which was outside of the line.

Advice to Management

Fire everyone, and re-staff people.

9. Great first job!

Current Employee - Stock/Janitorial in Lansing, MI
    Current Employee - Stock/Janitorial in Lansing, MI

I have been working at ABC Warehouse part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Flexible hours - Mangers buy food for the store - Nice employees -If you are under 18 and in school they will give you right at the max hours -Weekly pay

Cons

-If you are under 18 they will not pay you minimum wage (why? because they can). -If you are under 18 and in school; during a break you will get full time hours (means good big paycheck). -Some managers let the title get to there head.

10. Insignificant!!

Current Employee - Major Sales Associate in Bay City, MI
    Current Employee - Major Sales Associate in Bay City, MI

I have been working at ABC Warehouse full-time

Pros

The customers! If you like sales and helping people there's plenty of customers for you to help. Sales can be very rewarding by finding and meeting all the customers needs for the product and finding the one that best fits their needs and their wallet! Also ABC really does have one of the best product warranties!

Cons

Your treated completely insignificant!! Poor management thru and thru. People at the top make all the money (pyramid like structure) they have an outdated computer server from 1980. Former manager passwords are not revoked allowing deals to be R.I.'D and re written under another employee number. No way to track this except to write down every deal number and customer name right when you first write it up. They use the T.O. Sales technique (Turn over) like in used car sales. The T.O. Are the only deals left with your employee ID still on them therefore making you look incompetent and easy to fire. (The T.O. Has your ID and the person who helped you close it ID therefore making it look like the only deals your capable of closing are the ones you had help with) The bright side is that once you confront them they stop (mostly) so long as your willing to fight for them.

Advice to Management

Learn modern technology. Here's a thought: You already have both a superior and more modern software for purchases on your website that could be retrofitted to the box stores!!

If you worked hard you could make money, in the past.

Current Employee - Major Sales in Canton, MI
    Current Employee - Major Sales in Canton, MI

I have been working at ABC Warehouse full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The health insurance is good

Cons

The hours are long and the pay is terrible. 80% of sales force makes less than $500.00 a week.

Advice to Management

Quit and let someone who knows what they are doing run the company.

RSS Feed </> Embed