ABC Warehouse Reviews

1. Salesman

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Novi, MI
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Novi, MI

I have been working at ABC Warehouse

Pros

In doors, great boss nice coworkers

Cons

long hours comission they want you to sell warranty

Advice to Management

stay true to yourself

2. Manager

I have been working at ABC Warehouse

Pros

Good people to work for, the pay is good.

Cons

The Hours are long you will work a 11 hour day

Advice to Management

The Blue Cross plan is good as well

3. Stimulating

Current Employee - Small Appliance Sales
    Current Employee - Small Appliance Sales

I have been working at ABC Warehouse part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I work in the Small Appliance/Electronics department. It's a relatively small part of the store, so there are few customers that venture into the department. Depending how you look at it, that could be a pro (less customer assistance needed, more busy work) or a con (sometimes there are hours of sitting around doing nothing). I'm paid minimum wage plus a small bit of commission; I don't think I could work anywhere else and make more for doing less as far as sales goes.

Cons

Can become boring after the daily chores are done and the customers are sparse at best. Very competitive environment even though the commission aspect doesn't play a huge role unless you're working 30+ hours (and good luck with that).

Advice to Management

The store layout should be optimized so as to make the electronics more of a draw. In my particular store, they are shoved off into a corner while the major appliances are front and center. Normal grocery stores put the staples around the perimeter of the store in order to keep the customer in the building longer, why not at ABC?

5. One of the worst I ever had!

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Detroit, MI

I worked at ABC Warehouse

Pros

There is NOTHING GOOD about ABC Warehouse.

Cons

I rarely write a negative review about a certain topic, but this is an exception. Working at ABC Warehouse was a terrible experience for me. First, my co-worker was asking about my sexuality, which is a big NO. This person also was eavesdropping onto other conversations between co-workers, and saying things in public that should be kept private. I had a conversation about it with one of the managers, and told me just to ignore him. The managers did a poor job keeping co-workers in-line; the majority of the sales people were usually watching TV during their down time, and ignoring customers. One customer actually complained about this problem. The receptionists were not the best people to handle customer service calls, as they would constantly be negative both on and off the phone. Also, one of my managers constantly antagonized saying I had a certain psychical disability, even though he wasn't following protocol himself; such as showing up late to work, and wearing jeans to work But, the last straw was one of my managers asking something about my personal business, which was outside of the line.

Advice to Management

Fire everyone, and re-staff people.

6. It was pretty good for a summer job.

I worked at ABC Warehouse

Pros

Very nice people to work with.

Cons

None that I can think of.

7. Great first job!

Current Employee - Stock/Janitorial in Lansing, MI
    Current Employee - Stock/Janitorial in Lansing, MI

I have been working at ABC Warehouse part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Flexible hours - Mangers buy food for the store - Nice employees -If you are under 18 and in school they will give you right at the max hours -Weekly pay

Cons

-If you are under 18 they will not pay you minimum wage (why? because they can). -If you are under 18 and in school; during a break you will get full time hours (means good big paycheck). -Some managers let the title get to there head.

8. Insignificant!!

Current Employee - Major Sales Associate in Bay City, MI
    Current Employee - Major Sales Associate in Bay City, MI

I have been working at ABC Warehouse full-time

Pros

The customers! If you like sales and helping people there's plenty of customers for you to help. Sales can be very rewarding by finding and meeting all the customers needs for the product and finding the one that best fits their needs and their wallet! Also ABC really does have one of the best product warranties!

Cons

Your treated completely insignificant!! Poor management thru and thru. People at the top make all the money (pyramid like structure) they have an outdated computer server from 1980. Former manager passwords are not revoked allowing deals to be R.I.'D and re written under another employee number. No way to track this except to write down every deal number and customer name right when you first write it up. They use the T.O. Sales technique (Turn over) like in used car sales. The T.O. Are the only deals left with your employee ID still on them therefore making you look incompetent and easy to fire. (The T.O. Has your ID and the person who helped you close it ID therefore making it look like the only deals your capable of closing are the ones you had help with) The bright side is that once you confront them they stop (mostly) so long as your willing to fight for them.

Advice to Management

Learn modern technology. Here's a thought: You already have both a superior and more modern software for purchases on your website that could be retrofitted to the box stores!!

If you worked hard you could make money, in the past.

Current Employee - Major Sales in Canton, MI
    Current Employee - Major Sales in Canton, MI

I have been working at ABC Warehouse full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The health insurance is good

Cons

The hours are long and the pay is terrible. 80% of sales force makes less than $500.00 a week.

Advice to Management

Quit and let someone who knows what they are doing run the company.

10. Major Sales

Current Employee - Major Sales in Muskegon, MI
    Current Employee - Major Sales in Muskegon, MI

I have been working at ABC Warehouse full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

use to literally be the best job in the world, especially for a non college graduate to be hired right in. Unfortunately the sales structure has changed and made it hard top make money anymore.

Cons

Company continues to take from its employees.. I.E benefits and incentives

Advice to Management

Advice to corporate would be to go back to the basics and remember what the company was founded on. Sales people..and Customer's

11. Stock. It would be okay if

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at ABC Warehouse part-time

Pros

Employee discount is very good

Cons

Everyone treats you like crap and they don't communicate very well at all. And are rude to each other.. From my perspective the is no moving up in the company. No one is willing to help not even on their own deals

Advice to Management

Review every ABC store and possibly get some teamwork sessions for employees

RSS Feed </> Embed