ABM Industries

Be The First To
Add Photos

ABM Industries President, CEO, and Director Henrik C. Slipsager

Henrik C. Slipsager

No raises, no benefits, no advancement.

Lead Floor Tech (Former Employee) Fort Myers, FL

ProsGreat if you have no life and don't need money to live on.

ConsNo raises, no benefits, no advancement. Managers can change schedule to something you can't possibly work, even if you've been there for years. Endless hollow promises regarding raises, advancement, etc, none of which ever take place. This was the worst job I ever had. I only stuck with it because the job market at the time was so bad.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees like people, rather than expecting them to work endlessly with no vacations, raises, and benefits.

It's a job i'm thankful for but not a job that i'm looking at for long term or career wise!

Custodial (Current Employee) Saint Louis, MO

ProsMy co workers are okay to work with very helpful and considerate!

ConsThe pay and benefits are not good and there's really no advancement within the company!

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

Valet

Valet (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsWorking for this company has taught me many things. Lean on your co-workers and not upper management. Working with patients has it's benefits.

ConsNo over time. No paid holidays. No sick days. Upper management a joke, only care about themselves. Site management a joke and very discriminatory. No raises ever.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees right. Give proper raises. Actually care about your employees.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Help me grow and I shall succeed!

Day Porter (Current Employee) Pleasant Hill, CA

ProsBetter pay then other companies, decent benefits.

ConsToo much pressure and not enough time given to learn job, they have a everyone must be born knowing something attitude and your dumb if you don't get it right the first time. Also my way or the highway attitude.

Overtime pay? Nope.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

Pros115,000 potential job positions in the company.

ConsNo paid sick days. VERY few paid holidays. (A vet working on Veterans day while everyone else takes off?!)

Advice to Senior ManagementLook into the State of California labor laws.

dislike ABM

PIT Driver Custodian (Current Employee) Phoenix, AZ

Proslike working in amazon facility

Conswork conditions, management, HR dept really isnt there for the employees.This company seems to be a just thrown together hosh posh hole in the wall company trying to be big company .

Advice to Senior Managementwhen doing an hr investigation dont give out names of complaining party to the one being investigated by.

Ok company to work for.

Building Engineer (Current Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsBenefits are ok, hours are good.

ConsPayroll issues, lack of direction and communication.

Great experience in building maintenance support

Manager (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsGreat Experience and excellent environment to work

ConsContract work requiring to be periodically prolonged

Advice to Senior ManagementMore prolong contracts that it would be great?

Dead end street.

Attendant (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsThe company is so large that once you are settled in and if you need more hours there are plenty of locations where they can send you. Management is detached to the point where they hardly observe your performance, good for you, bad for the company.

ConsCompany and management speak of "advancement opportunities" but merit is overlooked when such opportunities are available.
    Pay is low, good luck getting any type of raise even if you do a great job.
    Management shows lack of judgement for promoting/keeping inept and apathetic supervisors who are unorganized, uninformed, and do as little as possible to maintain their title.
    High turnover rate.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe lack of integrity in management reduces moral of good employees and deteriorates the performance of the team overall. Most of the employees see this as a dead end job where only the friends of management will move up and merit is overlooked especially when management is detached from on site operations.

My experience with ABM was fast paced in an environment that changed daily.

Senior District Manager (Former Employee)

Prosbenefit package was good, networking through corporation was helpful. Some individuals were exceptional folks to work with. They were at the branch level and upper management. They had a very nice marketing package allowing business development to come easier when presenting service offers.

ConsThe structure administratively heavy, training needed improvement. Expectations were high with not much concern for real support. Though I was not expected to work long hours, I felt the job required the time to bring service and operations to my level of expectation.

Advice to Senior Managementconnection and communication with middle management could be enhanced

Worked for ABM Industries? Contribute to the Community!